• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I am second to no one in my Letterman fandom, but honestly, having an affair with an employee crosses a serious ethical line, even if the woman isn't complaining publicly.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, had no idea this was a thing! Thanks for the heads up, the wife and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest, always loved Letterman :)

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Just started it. Thank god for Netflix and Letterman. I'm such a big fan of Letterman and his humor/interview style.

Too bad it's only one a month.

Do we know the logistics of how this was interviewed and where? How did this audience get chosen and did they really not know who was coming out?

Oct 26, 2017
It was with more than one woman on staff. There were several over the years, and rumblings were that there was money involved.

I believe that the "money involved" you're referring to was when one of those women he had an affair with threatened to make the affair public if he didn't pay her some hush money.

So he went on the air and made his affair public himself.

So he had an affair. Or several. That makes him an unfaithful sleeze. It doesn't put him anywhere near the level of shitbags that is Weinstein or Spacey.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I believe that the "money involved" you're referring to was when one of those women he had an affair with threatened to make the affair public if he didn't pay her some hush money.

So he had an affair. Or several. That makes him an unfaithful sleeze. It doesn't put him anywhere near the level of shitbags that is Weinstein or Spacey.

The phrase used was "sexual misconduct." I wasn't referring to Weinstein, Spacey, or their ilk. What Letterman did was what I would call sexual misconduct.

Oct 26, 2017
The phrase used was "sexual misconduct." I wasn't referring to Weinstein, Spacey, or their ilk. What Letterman did was what I would call sexual misconduct.

Fair enough.

I generally tend to view it as scummy, but not to the realm of being called "misconduct." To me, that term implies that there's a victim directly related to the sexual actions.

The only victim in this is Letterman's wife, who I believe forgave him.

Oct 26, 2017

No, it was the womans (ex-)boyfriend who had seen Letterman and the woman in a car. He tried to blackmail Letterman. The woman had nothing to do with it.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I miss Obama :(

I wish Letterman asked him about Hillary's campaign last year and what mistakes she made, but I'm not sure if Obama would ever respond to those questions.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Consenting is not assault

Again, the phrase in question was "sexual misconduct."

The definition of misconduct is: "Unacceptable or improper behavior, especially by an employee or professional person."

That's what I was referring to. In my eyes, what he did was "sexual misconduct." I wasn't discussing assault.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Ummm... wtf? I watched the show earlier today and just watched again. I came into this thread hoping to read interesting blurbs about what people most enjoyed and you guys let someone, neigh... some peoples, completely derail the topic on some unrelated bullshit?

Last edited:

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Like any president, he had his controversies and shortcomings, some of which are significant enough for me to distance most of the appreciation I feel for his strengths as a leader...

But sitting in my bed at the end of the day and seeing Barack Obama walk out on that stage to an overwhelming applause and hearing him speak on my television after being mired in the controversies and floundering incompetence we deal with now daily hit me too hard.

He's a man that I sorely miss to see as my President.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is not the appropriate place to discuss how much you dislike Letterman because of events in his past. Any attempts to do so going forward will be considered derailing.

If for some reason they're relevant in light of other discussions, it's fine to bring them up then.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was really great. Loved the John Lewis segments too.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
how the heck can something like this be planned and recorded and scheduled and i only hear about it when released.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
how the heck can something like this be planned and recorded and scheduled and i only hear about it when released.

Seems like it was filmed in "secret" at a college. Howard Stern said on his show last week that the producers want him to film his interview at Ball State University, Letterman's Alma matter. So maybe that's how they get a large audience quickly in quiet.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
Great interview, Letterman is still king.

Excited for the Howard Stern interview, I also hope Norm Macdonald goes on there.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
This is a fantastic format for Letterman. Loving every second. But good god this first episode is making me miss Obama so damn much. I want to cry.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was really good. I miss Barry so much. What has this country done?

Can't wait for the Clooney episode next month. Those two should riff off of each other pretty well.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this made me sad watching it for some reason

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I hear Obama's voice it breaks my heart to think how far we have fallen.

I started watching it and got depressed, so I stopped and will continue it later. How we went from someone so eloquent to someone with no class is just sad to me. How can anybody listen to the orange turd and think this is how a grown man and a president should speak and act is fucking mind boggling.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent interview, although Obama and Rep Lewis are outstanding choices for subjects.

Nice to see in the credits that Paul Shaffer still did the music for the show.

earthsucks

Oct 27, 2017
au
disappointed by his list of guests, i don't give a fuck about half of them in the context of an interview. would have been more interesting to see him sit down with jake tapper or something as opposed to jay-z.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
While watching the show it was actually difficult for me to imagine that we had such a gifted, articulate and a decent person like Obama as our President. The amount of shit we get buried under every goddamn day by our current POTUS has made us lose our perspective. We're crawling out of his shit from the previous day and then his thundering asscheeks bury another layer on us. I dont know how it feels to have a normal person be POTUS anymore.