• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my bad, it was some small YouTube show where him and his wife just briefly ask questions to some famous intellectuals apparently :(
The swift decline of Ferguson's career post-Late Late Show make it more and more obvious that the guy was forced out once Letterman's protection was gone, and didn't leave of his own volition like he tried to spin it as.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The swift decline of Ferguson's career post-Late Late Show make it more and more obvious that the guy was forced out once Letterman's protection was gone, and didn't leave of his own volition like he tried to spin it as.
i remember in an interview (with andy cohen on watch what happens live) they talked about him getting a huge chunk of money to step down, he likely was under contract to do more but with them replacing letterman they felt like they needed a replacement for late late too, and had to pay him to cancel the contract.
edit: found it, seems like they had to pay him NOT to take david's job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3elAZi1SDg

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Letterman have a history of sexual misconduct? Why would Obama agree to this?

Last edited:

Celestine

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
What??

Letterman is an old man!!

I've been in Japan too long :o

Does this mean...I'm old too?
This is such a weird feeling. I remember him with short brown hair. I guess it's been ages.

I wonder if this show will be on Japanese Netflix too. I'm quite curious to watch the Obama interview.

Edit: I'm an idiot. It is on Japanese Netflix already! A nice surprise.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting stuff.

Haha I like that part where the crowd thought he hinted at Michelle running for president, he had to clear that up fast.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Doesn't Letterman have a history of sexual misconduct? Why would Obama agree to this?
He already did Letterman's show back in 2015, I doubt it's an issue. Letterman had consensual affairs with employees. Yeah there's some bad power dynamics there but afaik no woman claimed any abuse, the controversy mostly came from Letterman being blackmailed over it and having to admit to infidelity.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do NOT throw Letterman in there with the sexual harassers. Letterman has no known history of sexual harassment. He had a consensual affair with someone who wasn't his wife. That is a private issue, there was no reports or even rumors of any sexual harassment by David. The woman in question wasn't even the one who revealed the affair it was one of her ex's trying to blackmail Letterman.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do NOT throw Letterman in there with the sexual harassers. Letterman has no history of sexual harassment. He had a consensual affair with someone who wasn't his wife. That is a private issue, there was no reports or even rumors of any sexual harassment by David. The woman in question wasn't even the one who revealed the affair it was one of her ex's.
Was she a subordinate?

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was she a subordinate?
Yes but it was consensual, she didn't say a single negative word about Letterman.

Being a subordinate does not make something sexual harassment. It can often lead to it but it doesn't = sexual harassment. My mom was my dad's subordinate when they started going out and they ended up happily married.

She had nothing bad to say about Letterman. Let it go, this situation does not apply to Letterman.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do NOT throw Letterman in there with the sexual harassers. Letterman has no known history of sexual harassment. He had a consensual affair with someone who wasn't his wife. That is a private issue, there was no reports or even rumors of any sexual harassment by David. The woman in question wasn't even the one who revealed the affair it was one of her ex's trying to blackmail Letterman.
yeah considering the current climate people should really not be throwing the word harassment around lightly

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah considering the current climate people should really not be throwing the word harassment around lightly
Yeah, it is baseless to throw that claim at Letterman. He and an affair and the woman he had an affair with made no claims of any sort of harassment.

People need to be careful.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say "harassment."
You asked why Obama was on his show when he has a history of sexual misconduct. The idea that would apply to a consensual affair absolutely absurd.

Millions upon millions of people have consensual affairs in this country every day. It is not something anyone should act holier than thou about unless you are someone in that relationship itself.

If you set a holier than thou insane level of standard of refusing to go on any show in which the interviewer had a consensual affair when they were in a relationship you wouldn't be going on many, if any, interview shows.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sorry my bad, i confused your post with the person who replied to you, but i still thought your point was letterman is on the same level as all the men in hollywood who are being outed for sexual harassment and therefore obama shouldn't have agreed to an interview with him
Expecting Obama to not interact with someone who has a consensual affair is the dumbest standard in the world, as he surely has friends & family who had consensual affairs.

We ALL do.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not so much digging but refreshing my memory
No woman has come out and directly accused Letterman. You need to drop this, it is unfair to the actual woman who have bravely come out over the past few months.

You are taking this topic way off track without any evidence or any actual accusations. Take them somewhere else. It is beyond inappropriate to speculate about something like this.

You are belittling the #metoo movement with this nonsense. Just stop, man.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Millions upon millions of people have consensual affairs in this country every day. It is not something anyone should act holier than thou about unless you are someone in that relationship itself.
um, I think anyone who doesn't cheat can credibly pull the holier-than-thou card.

this is wildly off topic though. :lol

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. How he has escaped #metoo I'm not sure
making the me too movement out to be like people are going after hollywood men to get them is really doing it a disservice, so weird to hope someone gets accused of something. there's no reason to lump him in with actual creeps and rapists and wondering why he hasn't been accused yet.

No woman has come out and directly accused Letterman. You need to drop this, it is unfair to the actual woman who have bravely come out over the past few months.

You are taking this topic way off track without any evidence or any actual accusations. Take them somewhere else. It is beyond inappropriate to speculate about something like this.

yeah exactly, just as i was writing my reply, you probably said it better.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

"You are belittling the issue". I guess the woman who wrote that article taking about these issues doesn't count.

Dude publicly admitted to being a womanizer as well. Dude has been accused by many people of using his power for sexual favors for years.

Just like the Franco Stans in the Franco thread.

Smdh

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having affairs isn't illegal and it's none of our business how happy or unhappy he is in his marriage.

Can't wait to check this out tonight.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Self admitted womanizer. Accused of sexual favoritism. Sexual misconduct with subordinates.

Checks out. I guess this guy gets a pass.
Name someone who has directly accused him of harassment. Name one.

Because you cant.

And for Christ sake calling a consensual affair "sexual misconduct" is beyond the pale. Most people associate that term with harassment.

Womanizer: "a man who engages in numerous casual sexual affairs with women.". Which is fine when CONSENSUAL. Which btw, no one has accused Letterman of not being!

Do you understand there is a huge difference between affairs and casual sex when its consensual vs sexual harassment?

No one has accused Letterman of sexual harassment.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what the fuck is going on here? people are just piling on him for no actual reason, lumping him with people who have actually been accused of rape and harrasment without any source. i really hope this isn't where the movement goes where we just assume shit and then use our assumptions instead of actual claims of harassment and abuse

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to watching the first interview of this show this weekend. Haven't seen Letterman do anything in a long time.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The author of the article accused him. But whatever. This is my last post on this subject. Keep those blinders on.
Author did not accuse Letterman of harassing her, try again. No one has gone on record claiming Letterman harassed them. That's why no one cares, thats why you are standing alone in this. Until someone accuses someone directly it is highly inappropriate to accuse someone.

Consensual casual sex/affairs are none of our business.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
what the fuck is going on here? people are just piling on him for no actual reason, lumping him with people who have actually been accused of rape and harrasment without any source. i really hope this isn't where the movement goes where we just assume shit and then use our assumptions instead of actual claims of harassment and abuse
Black & white worldviews are good, guys. Never forget.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Only two people are doing that. No need to be hyperbolic about the movement.