• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Echoing others here but the format and interview was fantastic and a nice change of pace. Letterman's still got it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Doesn't Letterman have a history of sexual misconduct? Why would Obama agree to this?
Because Obama believes in second chances and apparently you do not?

Besides Letterman addressed this live on his show years ago.

Anyway, as enjoyable as it was to see Santa Letterman, that interview made me miss and long for the days of a politicians as president. Obama was a great first host. As for the tearing up, Dave does that a lot.

Last edited:

CellarDoor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User was Warned: Thread derailing
When was Letterman rehabilitated and allowed back with a show of his own?

I thought he was a POS? Is he now forgiven for his past misdemeanours?

Oct 26, 2017
When was Letterman rehabilitated and allowed back with a show of his own?

I thought he was a POS? Is he now forgiven for his past misdemeanours?

He retired to spend more time with his family and feeling his time on the Late Show had run it's course. When was he ever considered a POS...

He's done stuff on "television" before this too. He did a show for National Geographic. Please try to keep up.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Please, he ain't even close.

A good president, but in real terms he did nothing major in comparison to the achievements of other Presidents such as FDR and Kennedy.

FDR and Kennedy wasnt stifled by congress or senate at every turn tho. People have to remember that Obama couldnt get anything major done because legislation brand put up obstacles for no damn reason.

CellarDoor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He retired to spend more time with his family and feeling his time on the Late Show had run it's course. When was he ever considered a POS...

He's done stuff on "television" before this too. He did a show for National Geographic. Please try to keep up.
His extra marital affairs, much of which he committed using his power and influence whilst on The David Letterman Show.

He was shunned for a while.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Obama sounds so intelligent i can't believe it's only been a year since he has been president.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017

A good president, but in real terms he did nothing major in comparison to the achievements of other Presidents such as FDR and Kennedy.

You also have to look at the state of the country when Obama walked in office. He turned it around. It's debatable if he's the best ever, but I think we can all agree that he's the best so far in our lifetime.

Deleted member 6769

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the first episode. I love long-form interviews, so this is right up my alley. The month wait between episodes is gonna be killer, but if they are all this high-quality, it'll be well worth the wait.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Obeezy is still running things. When Letterman slipped in the "Seeing it as you're still president.." there was a moment in Barry's eyes like "how do you know?"

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Americans underestimate how much the rest of the world loves Obama.

He was at least, fantastic PR for your country.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only watched part of this special with Obama. I was beginning to glaze over because it was too much story time with Obama and his past.
I miss the trappings of Dave's old talk show... while it did have some decent banter, it still felt a bit long for me.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I get what you mean, but I don't feel that's entirely fair; the things a President does depends a lot on the world they live on. Kennedy saved the world from nuclear war, Obama can't compete with that because that wasnt an issue during his presidency. FDR led the country through WW2; again, not something Obama had to deal with. Just like with Lincoln, the guy that ended the Civil War and freed the slaves; he deserves to be the GOAT President because of that, but it's not like other Presidents can compete with that unless another similarly big disaster occurs during their term like with him, FDR or JFK.

Yes, Obama ended the recession and expanded health care, which is a fine legacy; but let's not diminish him simply because he didn't have to save the country from annihilation.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode tonight. Obama is such an eloquent and educated speaker. I will never fully understand how the Americans willingly moved from this man to the blabbering mess that is their current president. The intellectual gap is not even funny.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first episode tonight. Obama is such an eloquent and educated speaker. I will never fully understand how the Americans willingly moved from this man to the blabbering mess that is their current president. The intellectual gap is not even funny.

A black president for 8 years broke racist whites in America.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
really? i had no idea. i thought he was doing a radio show

i like that he brings stand ups regularly, i watch those on youtube, but honestly i was never a big fan of his interviews.
His interviews are awful, typically everything before the guests is pretty good to great.

Will definitely check this out.

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
My main take-away from his first interview is that he considers Obama to be the only POTUS during his lifetime (Letterman is 70yo) that he truly respects. He says it near the very end of the episode.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching the first episode and this is all I could think about. Lol

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

The fact that you lumped Kennedy in with FDR tells me you don't know what you're talking about. Kennedy didn't do a single thing as President. It was LBJ that did everything.

Oct 28, 2017
Interview reminds me that Obama - while being a great orator - isn't a particularly great speaker. He is nowhere near as articulate without a script as you'd expect him to be once you listen to his speeches. Not taking a swipe at him, much less comparing him to the current occupant of the White House, but it is worth mentioning in general I feel, particularly in this context.

Thinking of influential, black men, the one that stands out to me the most in terms of their speaking ability; Malcolm X. Incredibly sharp.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Interview reminds me that Obama - while being a great orator - isn't a particularly great speaker. He is nowhere near as articulate without a script as you'd expect him to be once you listen to his speeches. Not taking a swipe at him, much less comparing him to the current occupant of the White House, but it is worth mentioning in general I feel, particularly in this context.

Thinking of influential, black men, the one that stands out to me the most in terms of their speaking ability; Malcolm X. Incredibly sharp.

Thank you for this. I started watching it to get an idea of the ability you were speaking of and found the message fascinating. I ended up watching waaay more than I thought I would and will finish it later (when I'm not at work). lol

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
Great interview, it was a great watch for the evening after work.
But the contrast between Obama and Trump is extremely obnoxious. Holy shit, how was this possible?