BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I just watched the entire series in the last two days. My only real comment is my disappointed with how underpowered all the female characters are. Even on the villain side, none of them get super powerful or flashy powers. Ridiculous.

I will say the girls have more powerful quirks than most of the guys but they need more time to work on it.

Mina's main drawback is that she isn't the smartest so intutive things come to her slower. I think she needs support equipment to help her get the full use of quirk because she can secrete acid from every place on her body but she needs to better control the acid concentration because she is most deadly person in the class.

Momo is smart but her quirk is actually pretty terrible in sponateous situations. She is prep-time batman, If she has information and time she can make whatever she things she needs to handle a situation but if things pop up out of nowhere she isn't great at thinking on her feet. She is getting better from the final exam arc but still isn't as good as she needs to be to be super dangerous. She also needs to go to Gun-head like Ururaka to learn close combat techniques to help maximize her potential.

Ururaka needs extensive hand to hand training because that is where her quirk most useful. She can do zero gravity judo throws and activate gravity after she throws them. If she is ever able to control the amount of gravity level she can boost herself by lowering gravity on herself to increase her speed.

Jiro just needs more speakers and if you are caught up, she got a couple of wrist-speaker-things so she is way more powerful now. She is the most capable. Also the sword was made from Momo, remember she pulled it out Momo's stomach.

The girls quirks are way more versatile but they need atleast a full year at U.A to get the true utilization out it.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Kaminari for best dressed. Wish they'd done more for kiri outfit. Baks too.

Those outfits are almost 3 years old :P

They are the outfits worn in the first popularity poll

OB3jxZw.jpg

Deku and Bakugou are literal copy and pastes from the image lol (except for removing their numbers on their outfit). Tsuyu's design added some red thing around her neck in the new image. Kirishima and Yaoyorozu make an appearance in the new image.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
To those responding to my comment, yeah I'm really digging the show. I just feel like the heroes are a little lopsided at this point and there's almost no reason to be. There's a lot of female characters in class 1-A but none of them are even half the power level the strongest dudes are.

Lol, but aside from having a scar I don't see any similarity between the two.

All Might's predecessor is female.

She's dead. Also we didn't see any of it. Also shes technically weaker than ALl Might and Deku at his strongest because it gets stronger every gen.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Theres clear differences in Mido's camo styling, Kaminari's shirt, etc though. They also fixed Horikoshi's miscoloring of Midoriya's hair.
Midoriya's changes amount to what is basically a low key pallet swap. Like that character in a fighting game that had different styles for their outfits, but at first they all looked basically the same.

He's got camo pants and maybe 1 or 2 other really small details.

ObbyDent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Momo doesnt have a 1vs1 combat quirk but she easily has one of the strongest quirks in the series

I don't see how someone making a cannon with her fat cells can beat a guy that can punch so hard that entire buildings are destroyed from the air pressure he creates if he tried hard enough.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
hatsume is so stupid brilliant though. like batman/stark tier inventiveness.

like her quirk lets her see stuff easier but that's it the rest of it is all her just tinkering with shit. what a badass

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how someone making a cannon with her fat cells can beat a guy that can punch so hard that entire buildings are destroyed from the air pressure he creates if he tried hard enough.
That is why I said one of the strongest not the strongest, for example I think her quirk is stronger than Bakugou (That actually isn't that strong)
Also there are a lot of situations that Momo's quirks is straight up better than Deku's

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Do people like Bakugo so much because on the outside he's a planet-sized asshole but deep down he has the heart of a hero?

Because that's why I like him. Only after he got kidnapped though. Was that popularity poll from before that?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just think Bakugou loudness and hot blooded personality resonates well with the shounen crowd.

Oct 25, 2017
Do people like Bakugo so much because on the outside he's a planet-sized ******* but deep down he has the heart of a hero?

Because that's why I like him. Only after he got kidnapped though. Was that popularity poll from before that?
1st poll was done during the Stain arc. 2nd and 3rd poll, were when Baks became #1 popular (both times). 2nd poll happened around where we're at in the anime now.

ObbyDent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He's cool and all but I don't like how he treats a quirkless as someone who's basically a "pebble". I didn't like him as a character until he was kidnapped.

SonicX_Zero

Oct 26, 2017
Do people like Bakugo so much because on the outside he's a planet-sized asshole but deep down he has the heart of a hero?
I didnt really care much about the guy... not until what happens in a later part of the story that will be covered this season, did my mind change a lot about him. Although some people reaaaalllyyyy hate his guts or are taking things personal because of the way he uses die or dead. =/

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt really care much about the guy... not until what happens in a later part of the story that will be covered this season, did my mind change a lot about him. Although some people reaaaalllyyyy hate his guts or are taking things personal because of the way he uses die or dead. =/
Withe the manga material I went from not caring to being ok with him, nothing that make him a favourite of mine tho, his personality simply isn't one that I enjoy

kickz

Nov 3, 2017

Interesting, I still think he's an obnoxious asshole, so I am intrigued to see what happens

Oct 25, 2017
Movie has been dated

Funimation Films announced on Friday that it will screen the My Hero Academia: Two Heroes anime film in more than 400 theaters in the United States and Canada on September 25, 26, 27, 29 and October 2. Screenings on September 25, 27, and 29 will be in Japanese with English subtitles, while screenings on September 26 and October 2 will be English-dubbed.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
New episode in a couple hours!

I liked it already, but the new OP already has me hooked. It helps I've listened to it a couple of times.

OP ranking would be OP 4>OP 1>OP 2=OP 5>OP 3. There's really not a bad OP in the bunch though

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This feels like the fourth time they've done the Chuunin exam. I like that shit but it feels not very creative (and I've read the manga).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah just saw it went up on Crunchyroll. Normally I'm already done watching the latest ep around this time.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
"In the first place, if they become pro's, then everyone will already know their quirks, So I'm sorry, but we look a little further ahead than everyone else."

Damn Aizawa not holding back at the end there, really excited to see where this arc goes now!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017