Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I resent Samurott's existence. Dewott is basically perfect and then it turns into that. Truly my personal Delphox.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Any where the design philosophy seemed to be "I don't know, lets just give it a gun or whatever". Like Blastoise or Magmortar.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Any where the design philosophy seemed to be "I don't know, lets just give it a gun or whatever". Like Blastoise or Magmortar.
Clawitzer is great, though.

K8qmRpp.png

Mostly because it makes sense, considering the animal its based on.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
250px-715Noivern.png

Noivern; Not because of its design, it's actually pretty good, but because you have to raise a weak Noibat all the way to level 48 only to be faced with disappointment as Noivern struggles to take anything out and still can't take hits for crap.

Something went screwy.
740Crabominable.png

Yeah, I don't like Crabominable either which is a shame as Crabrawler is cool and interesting.

Fun fact (theory?) 3:
1507647740553.png

Man Golem is also another disappointing evolution as Graveler is just better design wise.

I never understood how Gengar or even any ghost types weighed anything but I digress.

Everything has mass including ghost and in the case of Gengar, it's made of gas.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My answer in 1998 was Dragonite and my answer in 2018 is still Dragonite.

I will never stop being upset.

This was a fucking tragedy. From one of the best Pokemon to one of the worst. Shame on Game Freak. SHAME!
Yeah, I don't why the first evolution need to have one. So much pkmns without evolution doing great. Just put a better status and leave him without evolution.
Its even funny whem game freak marketing this coconut crab beating Mega Kanghastan... lmao.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Blue slender Eastern dragon -> blue slender Eastern dragon -> orange fat Western dragon

That and the Venomoth/Butterfree mixup. Gen 1 has a special place in my heart, but looking back on it without nostalgia goggles, it's pretty rough in a ton of places.

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Incineroar is another one that I feel like its wasted. Just looking at Torracat and it seems pretty obvious.

I would prefer that it evolves to a Manticore or something(which could even lead it to be Fire/Poison).

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
250px-104Cubone.png
250px-105Marowak.png

Cubone to Marowak seemed fairly unimpressive to me. Cubone's design was more expressive and interesting while Marowak just seems more angry.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dragonite. I LOOOOATHE Dragonite. You have these awesome, mystical serpent creatures in the first two forms and then the final evolution is fucking Barney the dinosaur. Get the fuck out.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Never thought about it that way, that's actually a neat concept.
Yeah, it's most clear when you compare Haunter and Gengars' dimensions. Haunter is 5'03" and weighs only 0.2 pounds. Gengar is 4'11" and weighs 89.3 pounds. It condensed from a gas to a solid.

Speaking of Gengar, why the hell did Gamefreak take away Gengar's Levitate?

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018

They might think it was too abusive for the likes of Mega Kanghaskan, Charizard X, Garchomp, Landorus, Mega Metagross, etc. I mean, those pokemons are so weak and learn so little to no moves...wouldn't be fair to have Gengar face them against earthquakes.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's most clear when you compare Haunter and Gengars' dimensions. Haunter is 5'03" and weighs only 0.2 pounds. Gengar is 4'11" and weighs 89.3 pounds. It condensed from a gas to a solid.

Who knows. His mega is really good tho despite the weakness.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Most disappointing final evo ever?

Easy

Emboar. Everyone was SO fucking hyped to see Tepig, giving him cool nicknames like Baconator and El Bacon and whatnot, but then after seeing Emboar and finding out that he was yet ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter, the amount of collective fury, the groaning, the sheer level of disappointment across the entire fandom was so thick you could taste it.

And it tasted like week old moldy turkey bacon.

Personal most disappointing aside from Emboar (and I might get some flak for this but whatevs) was a solid tie between Charizard and Mega Tyranitar.

Charizard had so much potential, but god damn he was so bad. Charizard and Slowbro were always my HM slaves, Charizard for Cut, Fly, and Strength, Slowbro for Surf Strength and Flash. Such a nice design for such a shit Pokemon. Glad Gen VI put Charizard back on the map with Mega Charizard X. Finally he's fucking usable.

Mega Tyranitar ruined my favorite Pokemon. Tyranitar looks so badass and so intimidating, and then Mega Tyranitar comes around and makes him look like a fucking clown. It's like he's wearing the remaining carcass of a Pupitar with Michael Jackson shoulder pads while sporting an Alfalfa look. They turned Tyranitar into Wrecking Ball era Miley Cyrus. One of the most disappointing evolutions ever made.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Easiest answer of my life.

Brionne and Primarina are an atrocity.

250px-730Primarina.png

Also, literally every mega evolution. I hope they're removed from the series and never brought back.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
To me, the Gen 5 starters will always remain the trifecta of disappointment.

For a generation with some incredibly good designs, I just can't stand the starters at all.

I was so disgusted by these evolutions that I just went with the grass Pokemon, because at least a snake is cool. Hate the cute animal pokemon that end up looking humanoid. Looks more like a Digimon

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Charizard had so much potential, but god damn he was so bad.
100+ Speed 100+ Special Attack and 85 attack with a solid move pool. That's bad? Lmao
I know you don't play competitively because you're talking about hm moves, but calling that bad and unusable for the campaign is pretty funny. Also Slowbro is one of the best water types thanks to his physical bulk.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dragonite is cool and all, but Dragonair slender to Dragonite chubby dragon was pretty disappointing tbh. He is still good tho.

Only Rhyperior is the one I'd consider a bit out there of all, but all the others are cool designs to me.

Yea same. I love dopey dragonite but dragonair suggests something more elegant at least

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
100+ Speed 100+ Special Attack and 85 attack. That's bad? Lmao
I know you don't play competitively because you're talking about hm moves, but calling that bad and unusable for the campaign is pretty funny. Also Slowbro is one of the best water types thanks to his physical bulk.

They both are viable now, but back then they were both pretty fucking bad. Both Mega Charizards are in OU, but Slowbro is still pretty bad.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Emboar was no bueno. Another goddamn fire fighting pokemon. And instead of some Twilight Princess Ganon boar it was some ugly sumo wrestling thing. That line should have stayed quadruped.

Serperior's design was so good it made me want to finally pick the grass starter, then you find out the pokemon itself is absolutely garbage in game. It's impressive to be that garbage I don't want to pick you in a game as easy as pokemon. I had enough of garbage with Meganium.

Samurott went the opposite of Emboar and went quadruped when it should have stayed upright.(yes I know it can stand if it wants to but it looks awkward and it's not how it's usually portrayed) Nothing notable about it besides that. Kinda just....there.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Not really. Competitively Slowbro got hit in S/M so he's less viable now lol, but before that he was a solid bulky water type that remained somewhat competitive. Pretty sure he never hit a tier below UU before S/M. Charizard was also good enough until 4th gen when stealth rocks were introduced.

And you were saying you were teaching Charizard cut, fly, etc. because he's so bad. So I know you aren't talking competitively. And for the story that's not true at all, he has solid bases and good move pool and you can pretty much solo majority of the games with him alone. How many in game trainers use stealth rocks?!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
8709063_f520.jpg

Only Pokemon game I ever went in completely blind. Chespin was cool but Quilladin was bizarre and the moment I saw Chesnaught I traded it away for a Froakie. Such a disappointment.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Bulbasaur and Ivysaur look amazing... and then Venusaur happens. Such a boring/ugly design.
Blastoise is even uglier.
You are the worst person in this forum.
Also Poliwrath is awesome OP.

Dragonite line,I like Dragonite design,but don't make sense with the rest.The final evolution of all starters from 5th ,but sucks since the first,like 95% of Pokémons in this gen.
Only Greninja line is great in 6th too.
A lot of Mega Evolutions.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
250px-715Noivern.png

Noivern; Not because of its design, it's actually pretty good, but because you have to raise a weak Noibat all the way to level 48 only to be faced with disappointment as Noivern struggles to take anything out and still can't take hits for crap.

I agree with you but isn't that a completely different topic. For example, Electivire is one of my favorite Pokémon but after my most recent update lay through of Ultra Moon where I had a perfect 6IV EV trained Adamant Electikid then Electibuzz and Finally Electivire I had to admit that the entire line couldn't take a hit and did produce enough damage to run on a team wether in game or competitively. During my run through I had to baby it at times even when the match up was in his favor. I have a long disappointing list of Pokémon that fits what your saying sadly.

Old Pokémon needs a buff damnit.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They both are viable now, but back then they were both pretty fucking bad. Both Mega Charizards are in OU, but Slowbro is still pretty bad.
Why are you talking about OU when you were just talking about HM slaves?

OU is a format where half the Pokemon have a base stat total of 580 or more. It's a very high standard to hold any Pokemon to.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Why are you talking about OU when you were just talking about HM slaves?

OU is a format where half the Pokemon have a base stat total of 580 or more. It's a very high standard to hold any Pokemon to.

"100+ Speed 100+ Special Attack and 85 attack. That's bad? Lmao
I know you don't play competitively because you're talking about hm moves, but calling that bad and unusable for the campaign is pretty funny. Also Slowbro is one of the best water types thanks to his physical bulk."

I brought it up because of the stat splurge there. Those stats didn't matter up until recently. And Charizard was trash when taking him to something like the Elite 4 in the campaign.

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The final evolutions to the Gen 5 starters are all really bad. It's kind of funny that Snivy and Tepig are both better then Oshawott, but somehow their final evolutions, Serperior and Emboar, ends up worse then Samurott.

Then again, the quality of the Serperior, Emboar and Samurott pretty much sums up the quality of the majority of Gen 5 Pokemon, and the Gen 5 itself.