Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Look at this butt-ugly thing. Somehow they were able to turn one of the coolest Pokémon ever (Electabuzz) into this monstrosity. All those Gen 4 evolutions of Gen 1 Pokémon are really terrible.
466-Electivire.png
hot take but imo Electabuzz and Magmar are quite bland and uninteresting designs

i much prefer Electivire and Magmortar over them

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Grumpig's already been cited, but he's my pick. Spoink's easily the funnest design of Gen III and they follow it up with...a bipedal pig? Talk about boring.

In fact, I never bother evolving my Spoinks, LOL

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Emploeon.

Delphox. Although Braxien was already too far gone in a weird direction so what were they gonna do I suppose?

Incineroar. Really not a fan of any pokemon who include human professions as themes such as wrestling. But that's just me.

I also think Meganium was pretty underwhelming. It's just kind of there?

Same with the Treecko line.

Listing all starters because those are the ones I get most hyped for. When they get too weird I tend to get over them.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Chesnaught. Why GF decided to throw away the perfectly good Green/Orange/Brown color scheme that the first two forms had going for them will forever be a mystery.

And lol at people being salty over the Gen 4 evolutions of older Pokemon. Except for Rhyperior and Probopass, each and every one of them is great.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I can see where the people hating on Blastoise are coming from. It literally abandons all the things Squirtle gained when it became a Wartortle.

But Blastoise is still cool.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
My poor Altaria was ruined by its mega evolution. The hair completely botched its overall design. It looks like they wanted to emulate Pennywise somehow, so they stuck his hair in Mega Altaria's design. Absolutely atrocious.

fb06bfccbea3d629897f50b9aef5a4ed398354bf_00.jpg

latest

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think that for a lot of people it's just disappointing after Braixen. I think Delfox is okay but not great, kinda safe I guess.

!!! I take offense to this, GTFOutta here, Primarina is like the best water starter. It's an awesome and beautiful design, it was an amazing turn around from how much I was meh at popplio.

Always sad at the people that don't like incineroar. I think the design is apt and cheesey, but still great. Gen 7 had the best starters in a long asstime : (

This was easily my vote when I saw the title. Gen 5 had the WORST starters. Best one is emboar and he's barely okay. At least 6 had greninja.
362441015.png

Look at how a cute evolution evolved into a perfect second form. You got the samurai motif, kept the essence of the original design, and still made it its own. Then you get fucking samurott. The white beard just makes it seem like an old man, I hate it. Gen 5 seriously sucked for the starters lol.

I don't understand anything about Samurott. Just plain fucking WHY.

I always pick water and that thing destroyed me.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I saw somebody say Blastoise was ugly. That was when I knew I had to see myself out of this thread.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget the greatest cross-gen evo of all time:

60b98d0feed45315479e64783c60f2d5--top-pokemon-pokemon-stuff.jpg

Samurott might be my least favorite Pokemon of all time. Behind Cobalion, of course, but that goes without saying, because Cobalion fucking sucks. He's a musketeer, right? What says musketeer more than croissants for eyebrows, and human feet shaped shoes on a horse shaped creature, whose four legs bend like a humans? A total design disaster, that one. Samurott is at least identifiably a fuckin' walrus. There's no excuse for Cobalion.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Obligatory Dragonite mention, it would be fine if it wasn't coming after the beauty that is Dragonair and was part of a derpy dino line but nope.
Also gonna agree with Kling-Klang (nice base but the way they chose to build it up was baaaaaad)
There's also plenty where I still like the final form but I prefer earlier forms (Mareep>Ampharos, Krokorok>Krookodile)
Looking over the entire dex, man so many pokemon kinda drop the ball when I think about it.

But deep down I know the true answer is this guy
Something went screwy.
740Crabominable.png
Remember when we had the leaks saying YETI CRAB? I got so hype, then I got this....
i mean yeah I guess it fits the bill but fuck me it's a mess, stick to Abomasnow and Kingler friends.

The fun part of these threads is that you're bound to see opinions you completely clash with, a few have stuck out to me here but I can kinda see why, I after all was initially disappointed that a bandit salamander evolved into SASS-lazzle but in the end I grew to like what they went for, however....
Toucannon, holy shit.
battle me in real life!
Beak blast is readying up!

LemonLime

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll never forget the disappointment I felt when THIS monstrosity was revealed.
9dba424b55f40cf613c22c8037f329d6.png

Seriously, how do you go from two of the cutest Pokémon of all time, and turn it into THIS? There's nothing cute about Delphox, and the introduction of the maroon to it's color scheme just makes it look ao much worse!!

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Wartortle is so good and Blastoise just looks like what would happen if you asked an early 90s comic book artist to draw their interpretation of a turtle. Other starters I dislike: Meganium (should've gone for a lighter green or something), Sceptile (just has an awkward bulky look compared to the agile looking Treecko and Grovlye), Samurott (just randomly goes from a Samurai Otter to a sea lion, species changes aren't uncommon but the final eco is so much lesser to the balance of cute and cool its prevo was pulling off), Delphox (just looks kinda generally ugly and boring), all Gen 7 final evos (special mention goes to Primarina because I actually liked Popplio and Brionne's designs and defended them and then Primarina comes along and it's like "this is what I get for defending you?!")

It's also a little backwards but I love Mime Jr. but hate Mr. Mime.

Th0rnhead

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike a lot of the new evolutions introduced in gen IV. Ambipom, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Probopass, Togekiss... I have no problem with the other new evolutions, but these are all terrible.

Other final evolutions I dislike are:
Blaziken (I'm okay with the Torchic line until it turns into this. Mega Blaziken looks better than normal Blaziken honestly), Crabominable, and Raichu (though Aloloan Raichu is cool).

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I forgot about the worst one, my brain actively blocked it out until now.

53_Alolan%20Persian.png

The fact Nanu, one of the best characters in Sun and Moon, is stuck with this trash as his signature pokemon is a travesty.

Fuck the haters, Alolan Persian is hilarious, it's supposed to be the same breed as the "can i haz cheese burger" cat.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
My poor Altaria was ruined by its mega evolution. The hair completely botched its overall design. It looks like they wanted to emulate Pennywise somehow, so they stuck his hair in Mega Altaria's design. Absolutely atrocious.

fb06bfccbea3d629897f50b9aef5a4ed398354bf_00.jpg

latest

Mega Altaria is one of my OT6 lmao. Everything about it is perfect. Even the bubble bath hair.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Samurott being a quadrupedal swordsman looks so fucking stupid.

MdIRmc4.gif

Like what, does it just hop around on three legs when it pulls a sword out?

Their final designs resemble a revolver and a tank too though. It's just more subtle.

It would be so much better if it stood on two legs, like Ludwig from Bloodborne

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Raichu is an amazing evolution and everyone who shit on him in this thread needs to have words with themselves. Serious words.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the haters, Alolan Persian is hilarious, it's supposed to be the same breed as the "can i haz cheese burger" cat.
Also standard Persian is bland as all hell, this guy was a step up.

My hot take would be that every cat pokemon evolves into a worse looking form.
Though Purugly being an overpampered fat cat is a great concept, just done poorly.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Venomoth makes me very angry, completely destroying the majesty of Venonat, by having aboslutely nothing in common, and doesn't even have a cocoon form to justify it. Disgusting.
lol at people saying the evos of gen 1 Pokés in Gen 4 suck. Tangrowth is better by default by not having those stupid boots. Porygon Z is amazing, and Magnezone you can't even argue that it's somehow worse.
Poliwrath is just bad and looks almost identical to Poliwhirl, even Electrode has more effort put in. Golem makes no sense and Machamp has that stupid mouth that looks almost like a beak for some reason.
Besides that, I don't really like Glaile, but to be fair I love Froslass, so it's hard to look at him because of that.