• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel people have a right to complain, that's not my issue.

I just want to talk about the Fighting as I personally don't have any interest in the krypt etc
Who are you playing? I'm really feeling Johnny Cage. Glad I haven't fought any decent Erron or Geras players online as some of the mix ups I saw on Teamspooky videos of tournaments look brutal.

Seems clear that Erron is in SS tier right now.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who are you playing? I'm really feeling Johnny Cage. Glad I haven't fought any decent Erron or Geras players online as some of the mix ups I saw on Teamspooky videos of tournaments look brutal.

Yeah i like Geras but i expect him to be nerfed to hell (Especially the 6 frames d1). Erron will probably be nerfed too but i feel that his kit will assure him to be strong no matter what.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watch my sonya do combos for hours but as soon as I go into practice I forget everything I witnessed

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like WB ninjas killed off anything relating to that glitch. What was it?

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
This is an AI fighter management sim.

The side mode where you actually control one of the fighters is neat but has no major rewards so what's the point?

I finished the story mode and started Days Gone. Nothing about the conversation on MK is making me want to reopen it. Considering how much time I sunk into Injustice 2, I think MK11 is near the top of my list for disappointment of the year right now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just now realized. Does Sonya not have her classic moves when she does a bicycle kick upwards to the corner of the screen?

Or leg grapple? I know she has a leg trip but that's not the one I'm thinking of.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Jade. Bit frustrated that she only has one string that opens with a low, and you have to be right on top of them to connect. EB is a joke.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
Really feeling Cassie in this game, her mid-screen combos look cool as all hell and they're pretty simple to pull off, she seems to have great buttons as well. I wonder if NRS will ever try and mess around with the moves in the tournament variations for balance, I would trade Flippin Out for almost anything else.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
it's a shame you can't glith the 10k souls, that's just insane and really hurts my motivation.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Found on reddit, some people having fun with variation names!

akjfu3idfbv21.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
More and more I'm realizing that the thing that bothers me about MK11 is that it's a game that doesn't seem to understand its own strengths.
- The game has great fighting mechanics, great customization options, a great netcode and getting into matches is pretty quick compared to a lot of the competition. It's a beautiful game in which you can make your character your own, without looking ridiculous.
- The gear/skin customization options are largely absent from online ranked play, as you can only choose one default and can't alternate skins in the character select on the fly.
- The move/ability customization is completely absent from online ranked play. Not only can you not create your own version of a character, but the default variations of characters in "offline" modes don't even align with the default tournament variations.
- Towers of Time is where you get the majority of your customization options, either through completing towers, or through grinding the requirements for the throne room. This is a mode that actively takes the game away from the base game's core strength of encouraging thoughtful play and footsies in favour of random modifiers that require consumables unlocked through the towers and krypt to balance.

I just really wish NRS would issue a separate patch that puts online win rewards on par with towers of time rewards in terms of reward vs. time spent. With the number of unlockables in this game, we should be unlocking a heap of them at a steady pace in online.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i like Geras but i expect him to be nerfed to hell (Especially the 6 frames d1). Erron will probably be nerfed too but i feel that his kit will assure him to be strong no matter what.

I haven't actually tried Geras yet but you need to aim those sand blasts that result in the neck snap or 2 hammers hitting them right? How are they avoided, crouch block?

Jade. Bit frustrated that she only has one string that opens with a low, and you have to be right on top of them to connect. EB is a joke.

Tbf Johnny has one that opens with a low from what I can tell and that's a 2 hit string. Not great. I'll have a look at the move list again later though.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
More and more I'm realizing that the thing that bothers me about MK11 is that it's a game that doesn't seem to understand its own strengths.
- The game has great fighting mechanics, great customization options, a great netcode and getting into matches is pretty quick compared to a lot of the competition. It's a beautiful game in which you can make your character your own, without looking ridiculous.
- The gear/skin customization options are largely absent from online ranked play, as you can only choose one default and can't alternate skins in the character select on the fly.
- The move/ability customization is completely absent from online ranked play. Not only can you not create your own version of a character, but the default variations of characters in "offline" modes don't even align with the default tournament variations.
- Towers of Time is where you get the majority of your customization options, either through completing towers, or through grinding the requirements for the throne room. This is a mode that actively takes the game away from the base game's core strength of encouraging thoughtful play and footsies in favour of random modifiers that require consumables unlocked through the towers and krypt to balance.

I just really wish NRS would issue a separate patch that puts online win rewards on par with towers of time rewards in terms of reward vs. time spent. With the number of unlockables in this game, we should be unlocking a heap of them at a steady pace in online.
Yeah, it's really weird that NRS almost disincentivises online play. You would think that's where they would want people to spend their times if they're looking for game longevity.

Then again, online play in fighting games is rough. Maybe they think casual players will be more likely to stick around for the tower grind than getting their asses handed to them online. My first online fighter was MKX and I got absolutely destroyed for a long, long time.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you could pick the order in which you tackle the co-op tower with.

Having a Jade main be the last character makes things SO much easier lol

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for the glitch tip, Era! Got all those Warrior Shrine heads in 30 minutes, instead of 30 hours. Always happy to cheat both the game and myself.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Really feeling Cassie in this game, her mid-screen combos look cool as all hell and they're pretty simple to pull off, she seems to have great buttons as well. I wonder if NRS will ever try and mess around with the moves in the tournament variations for balance, I would trade Flippin Out for almost anything else.

Yeah, she's who I've been using. Haven't touched ranked because of the variation stuff, been using kneecapping, tackle and bitchin' bubble. Bubble is pretty whatever but the other two feel good, kneecapping is basically essential.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Quick question!

My wife got me the Komplete edition on Switch for my birthday last week. I finished the story mode last night so ummm what is the standard progression of what I'm "supposed" to do? Does it make any difference or do people just go between Krypt and towers?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Learned a damn near 400 damage combo with Sonya. Can't wait to not use this online because I always forget these strings.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to keep my excitement in check considering the last PC patch didn't fix what it was supposed to.

Is there any verification anywhere yet that we're up to date now? All character balance changes, tower changes, economy changes, AI battle changes?

argh, I wish I could sit down with this right now lol

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
https://old.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bj62tz/4302019_april_pc_patch_2/

Trying to keep my excitement in check considering the last PC patch didn't fix what it was supposed to.

Is there any verification anywhere yet that we're up to date now? All character balance changes, tower changes, economy changes, AI battle changes?

argh, I wish I could sit down with this right now lol
I can confirm, it has the balance updates that the PS4 version has.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question!

My wife got me the Komplete edition on Switch for my birthday last week. I finished the story mode last night so ummm what is the standard progression of what I'm "supposed" to do? Does it make any difference or do people just go between Krypt and towers?

You go into the towers to earn currencies, then go into the krypt, exchange your earnings for either cosmetic items or items that aid you in the towers and you go back and forth between them repeatedly.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quick question!

Cool-ass wife, btw. I just practice with characters, then play online. But apparently people are obsesssed with the Towers of Time wasting their time.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have any tips for getting inputs to come out? I'm using the Xbox One Dpad and its funky as hell sometimes.

Does changing the input style (diagonals) or length help?

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
On PC, entered the ToT menu, got a message the time race ended and then got an endless Failed to connect to server message. Nice. I hope I'll find my rewards in the notifications, if not, I'll be pissed.

edit: Didn't get shit, ffs. I went to check if I have the top 5% scorpion skin unlocked as I was 2.9% yesterday so unless I really fell, I didn't get my rewards.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah, it's really weird that NRS almost disincentivises online play. You would think that's where they would want people to spend their times if they're looking for game longevity.

Then again, online play in fighting games is rough. Maybe they think casual players will be more likely to stick around for the tower grind than getting their asses handed to them online. My first online fighter was MKX and I got absolutely destroyed for a long, long time.
The thing is, shouldn't they just do both? Like, I agree that towers make sense for casual players (when they are properly balanced). They let people mess around with single player, earn rewards, have a constant stream of content to keep them hooked, it is an "easy" way to try out new characters and feel rewarded instead of destroyed etc. when playing online isn't their preference. That's there arleady (post-balance). The majority of online players are going to avoid the single player, because the modes that reward your time change the game in fundamental ways that most find less fun. It seems like it wouldn't be that hard to know roughly how often players unlock kosmetics/augments/gear/currencies in an hour of gameplay in the Towers Of Time and just have that translate to online play as well?