• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
They could add
2nd gen: the crabs, Chameleos, Yama Tsukami, Akantor
3rd gen: Gigginox, Qurupeco, Agnaktor, Duramboros, Nibelsnarf, Volvidon, Amatsu
4th gen: Kecha Wacha, Najarala, Seltas+Queen, and all the other G4 flagships

Please, please, please, bring back Chameleos! Best Elder Dragon ever. Easily one of my favorite fights in the series.
I'm in for Yama Tsukami as well cuz I never faced it and it seems pretty different from the norm.
Qurupeco for calling shenanigans.
You can keep Nibelsnarf and Volvidon, though.
Najarala and Seltas duo are top shelf material imo as well.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I once again demand Lagiacrus and Asthalos to return! Capcom, your turn.

PS: Also, add Agnaktor while you're at it. Thank me later!

:D

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Najarala and Seltas duo are top shelf material imo as well.

Yes, yes! The Seltas, especially, are among my all-time favorite monsters. Unique fight, unique dynamic, and their gear makes me look like an awesome super robot. What wasn't to like?

I also hope, like above, that Kecha Wacha can come back. One of the big monkes that I actually consider more truly "fun", and less never-ending rage in response to its bullshit, like with Rajang or Blangonga.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
MH JP Twitter just hit 250k followers. The "Please Stay Tuned!!" makes me think we'll be getting some news this week or the next. Hopefully this week because I can't take the wait any longer! Show the desert, Capcom!

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017

Looks like endemic squid. Does anyone know what the two buff icons are? I'm guessing the first is affinity? I haven't played World so not sure about the second one.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
New Nintendo Direct this tomorrow. Totally expecting some new Monster Hunter info here, maybe a new demo release too.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia

Looks like endemic squid. Does anyone know what the two buff icons are? I'm guessing the first is affinity? I haven't played World so not sure about the second one.

The second one is definitely armour related going by the little cuirass icon. I'm guessing it works like the divine protection skill, where there's a percentage chance you'll take reduced damage on a hit.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So I was messing around with the LBG and HBG in the demo, and I really like both.

I think I did better with the LBG, the damage was a big higher and the wirebug guard is gross with the damage of the counter shot.

can't decide which I'm gonna use to compliment the charge blade tho :/

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
the biggest surprise is the twins helping with the rampage. I wonder how they'll handle that.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017

looking DAMN good can't wait for the release good to see the twins coming in on the action and apex monsters! are the collectors consoles and controllers now confirmed for you lot in the states now :)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Almudron looks like it's going to make Jyuratodus even more pathetic than it already is.
New spider looks great.
Cool to see Delex back if only because it likely means no Cephalos/Cephadrome.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Annnnnd the Portable team keeps their record going with introducing more awesome monster designs. For me, there hasn't been a single stinker in this bunch!

Also...now that we know Apexes are back in some form, as are "Free Hunts"...I wonder, are Guild Quests, next? Besides 4U's handling of Apexes, it was (and still is) the best package deal for MH content, as far as I'm concerned.

So anything of that ilk will just make me so very, very happy. Much more if Relics are back, too!

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
So apex was the endgame mechanic like tempered monsters from world right?

In a nutshell, yeah.

Although, even more insane, because Apexes took choice monsters like Zinogre and Rajang, drove them up to Arch-Tempered levels....and then tied it with the Wystone mechanic, which was a necessary thing you had to use while fighting them, or else even your purple sharpness weapons would bounce off.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
This roster just looks great. All the new monster have been awesome design wise. I'm guessing we know where that Switch Axe armor from the demo comes from.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Annnnnd the Portable team keeps their record going with introducing more awesome monster designs. For me, there hasn't been a single stinker in this bunch!

Also...now that we know Apexes are back in some form, as are "Free Hunts"...I wonder, are Guild Quests, next? Besides 4U's handling of Apexes, it was (and still is) the best package deal for MH content, as far as I'm concerned.

So anything of that ilk will just make me so very, very happy. Much more if Relics are back, too!
Where did we find out about free hunts??

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Does the demo update automatically? I'd like to make a few Mizu runs to shake off the rust in order to not use my extra tries on it when the Malo is available.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to burn out before the release so I'm going to skip this second demo. I think I can wait two more weeks... maybe.

super excited though. This game looks amazing, and I'm excited to go hunting horn/light bow gun this time around as opposed to my trusty hammer.
Let's hunt Era!

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I'll do a few runs but not gonna burn it, want to play the full game. IT IS SO CLOSE I CAN FEEL IT.