Oct 27, 2017

EDIT:
- 4 quest types available:
  • beginner quest: slay an Great Izuchi
  • intermediate quest: slay an Mizutsune
  • basic training quest
  • Wyvern riding training quest
- all 14 weapon types playable
- beginner and intermedia quests available in solo, local co-op and online co-op modes
- more info:
Internet multiplayer requires a subscription to Nintendo Switch Online (paid).

The number of times you can start a quest to defeat Osaichi and Tamamitsune is limited to a total of 30. Once the number of quest departures has been reached, all four quests, including the Basic Training and Wyvern Riding Training quests, will become unplayable.

The game can be played within the following conditions and time frame.
Single-player and local multiplayer: Until the remaining quest departure count runs out.
Internet multiplayer: Until the end of the "Monster Hunter Rise DEMO" distribution.

There is no transfer of saved data to the full version.

Also there's an item pack you get for playing the demo with 20 Mega Pots, 5 Pitfall Traps, 10 Energy Drinks, 5 Mega Demon Drugs and 5 Mega Defense Drugs ( forgot the localized name lol).

Last edited:

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
It just said avaiable from January 7. What does mean, right now? After midnight somewhere? Give me a time Capcom!

eridanus

Nov 12, 2017
According to the leaked PPT, it will roll out from UTC 0:00, January 8th.

Last edited:

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
xmSf5Zg.gif

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
www.capcom.co.jp

モンスターハンターライズ | CAPCOM

ハンティングアクションに新風を巻き起こす『モンスターハンターライズ』がNintendo Switchに登場!

please free up to 1.6GB or more for the demo

The number of times you can start a quest to defeat Osaichi and Tamamitsune is limited to a total of 30. Once the number of quest departures has been reached, all four quests, including the Basic Training and Wyvern Riding Training quests, will become unplayable.

Single-player and local multiplayer: Until the remaining quest departure count runs out.
Internet multiplayer: Until the end of the "Monster Hunter Rise DEMO" distribution.

Also there's an item pack you get for playing the demo with 20 Mega Pots, 5 Pitfall Traps, 10 Energy Drinks, 5 Mega Demon Drugs and 5 Mega Defense Drugs ( forgot the localized name lol).

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so it's available from january 8th? why did the presentation say 7th?
should i ask for a title change?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's listed as 8th Jan in the JP trailer, so the earliest it'll release is 30 minutes from now.

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm planning on checking out MHW on PS5 in the coming weeks but how come Rise is not coming to consoles?

Whats the story behind this?

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What weapons are you all going to try out? I'm going to hop back into Bow and LBG to see if they still feel as good as they did in World. Then I'll check out my old standby of GS to see if I want to go back, then try out some other stuff that I haven't dipped into much to see if they click with me.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be midnight UTC, huh?

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018

Limited quest count for demo? Shitty.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So do we have any info on the actual release timing? Probably 2.5 hours from now?

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic trailer and information, what a GREAT way to start the fucking year off. Will download ASAP.

Deleted member 5189

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
since there's no save data transfer there's no reason to not to just totally blow it away and redownload it either so... what's the point

unless it has to phone home every time you do a quest, which would be absurd

The Switch knows how often and how much a software has been used. You need to use another user. Just redownloading should not work.

There may be a chance that the 30 tries are system wide for all users.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning on checking out MHW on PS5 in the coming weeks but how come Rise is not coming to consoles?

Whats the story behind this?
The second game in a generation is always a portable game from the portable team. It's how the series has run since 2005.

(The last two gens have had the portable games uprezzed and ported to other consoles, but they're not specifically designed for those consoles.)

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Limited Play is goddamn stupid.

I think 4U had the same thing...

...except I went to Capcom UK HQ, which gave us a Unlimited Demo BEFORE they gave Limited Demo to the riffraff.