• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
nobody is saying the looting or that Target Corp will have to pay some insurance is worse than the killing and systemic racism and police issues FFS. The thread topic is the protests happening here, and the looting has come along with it so it's going to be mentioned and questioned. If you don't want to discuss it don't quote about it multiple times.
If you're only interested in discussing how bad the looting is while not engaging with the centuries of history that got us to that moment then ya maybe there isn't much for you to say.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Well lets be optimistic and hope the righteous anger of so many people leads to positive changes. I'd rather have this and a ton of targets be looted if the alternative was everyone just shrugging and going "that sucks.

Lol, we both know that isn't true. Else we wouldn't be going pages upon pages about your stinky thinkin about looters and getting free stuff at a time like this.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Interviewing in front of a dumpster fire:
Screen-Shot-2020-05-27-at-11-04-45-PM.png

Hey, look. It's the Cleveland Browns.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
-edit- not worth it arguing over people mad at stolen tv's. Ill leave this oldie but goodie tho:

"First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, we both know that isn't true. Else we wouldn't be going pages upon pages about your stinky thinkin about looters and getting free stuff at a time like this.
Why are you being so hostile because I'm annoyed some people are taking advantage of a shitty situation for their own personal gain? Where did I imply its a far more serious issue than the killing of George Floyd?

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Looting is going to happen in a situation like this, humans are humans. No point in freaking out over it, even if there wasn't looting and it was entirely peaceful protests, shit would still get lambasted for "blocking the roads" for imaginary grandmas in ambulances re; every BLM protest in years past.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
The Cub Foods might be on fire... this is a massive grocery store and a hundred feet from Target. This is based on that live feed... smoke was filling the building.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there are literally LINES of people looting Target now, like cars actually lined up.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

What the fuck is wrong with you if this is the thing you are outraged about in this thread.

Fuck off with that bullshit. Tired of this white pearl clenching bullshit.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If you're only interested in discussing how bad the looting is while not engaging with the centuries of history that got us to that moment then ya maybe there isn't much for you to say.
Maybe actually read what i wrote, what are you even talking about?
The looting is happening and is a big deal, as just posted, someone may have been killed from it. The sarcastic "won't people think of the corporations" are way less helpful than the actual discussions of the events unfolding.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Why are you being so hostile because I'm annoyed some people are taking advantage of a situation? Where did I imply its a far more serious issue than the killing of George Floyd?

I'd wager that everyone in this thread doesn't like looting. But the difference between most people, is that they're educated enough to understand why its happening and not complain about it for an hour. As if it needs to be stated. As if concern trolling isn't a historic thing for the movement.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
what are they tipping over in this stream?

some sort of light generator?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I actually am concerned a bit for the area. There's kind of a food dessert there and if these places are out, it's REALLY hard to get food around there.

Yep the rainbow foods is long gone right? It has been 5 years since I worked near by. But lets say Cub closes it down after this or at least looking at months to rebuild there is not much anywhere nearby to replace it. Much more industrial area than most would think.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd wager that everyone in this thread doesn't like looting. But the difference between most people, is that they're educated enough to understand why its happening and not complain about it for an hour. As if it needs to be stated. As if concern trolling isn't a historic thing for the movement.
How am I trolling because I am annoyed by a side thing going on?

I also understand WHY its happening, but is this not a discussion forum? If a mod says its off topic then I"ll gladly shut up.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's a case to be made that looting does more harm than good but who cares when it's already happening. It's too late to do anything about it anyway

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
God damn, this is sad. She's willing to hurt others to protect a big business that gives no fucks about her. Or she just wants to stab black people. I don't get it.
Latter, this is what gun nuts want to do, have a excuse to go all Death Wish on people.

I just want to know the benefit of ransacking a Target other than fuck big box stores. Sending a message? I rather go after a Whole Foods.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes, shit just has to burn. If they ain't hurting other people, best thing to do is just let it be a controlled burn in a few retail areas.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
How am I trolling because I am annoyed by a side thing going on?

I also understand WHY its happening, but is this not a discussion forum? If a mod says its off topic then I"ll gladly shut up.

We are discussing why looting has nothing to do with the movement, messaging, or goals during a riot. Also -- there is a history of concern trolling at a time like this. Not your history, but a general history.