• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
Haven't seen it mentioned, but Don't Starve: Giant Edition (it's Play Anywhere but the console is only on PC) has console commands to unlock achievements as well. Takes a bit more effort since you have to do some things without the console, but you can give yourself every item needed so it's just a matter of reading the guide and following it. The game is a bit weird when starting up though, the 'accept Live TOS' window shows up behind the game window on first boot and sometimes it may look like it crashes when starting when in reality it's just connecting to Live or something.

Don't Starve: Giant Edition - 1000 GS in 10 minutes with console commands

1000 GS in 10 minutes with console commands TrueAchievements forum thread

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Goodness me. GP on PC is just a frustration. Sometimes works fine. Other times not. Stuck on 90% of a download "restoring user data". And another game is just stuck on installing.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
There is apparently a free game called One Leaves that can get you a bunch in 5 minutes and the rest in a couple hours. Going to get the quick ones later and save a better game so I can play it for fun instead.

m.youtube.com

One Leaves - Full Game Achievement Walkthrough - FREE + EASY GAMERSCORE

One Leaves - Full Game Achievement Walkthrough - FREE + EASY GAMERSCORESubscribe:http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=Maka91ProductionsSupport...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Sea of Solitude. Neat little game that has some personal themes (bullying, loneliness, etc). Pretty easy and short 1000.

Its available on EA Play, but there is a "Director's Cut" coming to Switch that improves the script and voice acting (though I like the swedish/german? accents)

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I have more than $70 of MS store credit I don't know what to do with, and I'm still enjoying racking up points right now. Replaying DOTT, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango is never not entertaining, even using an achievements guide. I'll move on to other stuff when that's done. I didn't think 10000 would be feasible at first, but now I'm thinking it might.

Not that I have anything I want to spend the points on currently though!

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Starbound on PC is a super easy 1000 points. All it requires you do is load up a mod. There's a guide for it over on True Achievements.
Having trouble getting this game to work. I am given the option of Starbound and Starbound server. The server one is the only one that loads the game. When I start a game and after creating a character, I get an error saying "unable to star local server. Could not acquire lock for the universe directory".

Any ideas?

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Having trouble getting this game to work. I am given the option of Starbound and Starbound server. The server one is the only one that loads the game. When I start a game and after creating a character, I get an error saying "unable to star local server. Could not acquire lock for the universe directory".

Any ideas?
I just clicked the Starbound option (not server) and it booted up fine after a minute. I made sure the mod was installed and made a new save and just walked right until I could kill something.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Any ideas?

did it not too long ago, worked fine to me. starbound, not starbound server.

Jul 26, 2018
I have more than $70 of MS store credit I don't know what to do with, and I'm still enjoying racking up points right now. Replaying DOTT, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango is never not entertaining, even using an achievements guide. I'll move on to other stuff when that's done. I didn't think 10000 would be feasible at first, but now I'm thinking it might.

Next big sale, say spring sale, you could buy a bunch of $ 10~ good, not so recent, and cheap games and give them away. As a gamer on a strict budget, that's how my wife and I get games, so I'm sure a resetera giveaway would be much appreciate by other users.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018

Hitman 3 is out in a few weeks, which is looking incredible.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
There is apparently a free game called One Leaves that can get you a bunch in 5 minutes and the rest in a couple hours. Going to get the quick ones later and save a better game so I can play it for fun instead.

m.youtube.com

One Leaves - Full Game Achievement Walkthrough - FREE + EASY GAMERSCORE

One Leaves - Full Game Achievement Walkthrough - FREE + EASY GAMERSCORESubscribe:http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=Maka91ProductionsSupport...
Dang US only :(

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, I did just that. The mods I installed carried over to PC as well so I just had to boot the game up and they went off.
Did you use zztop1? It worked on console, and it's enabled on pc but they aren't popping

EDIT: fixed it, I needed to install choggi's library. it worked on console without it so I hadn't considered it.

Last edited:

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
i had the mayo thing from the console one back in hall of fame, got a pop-up while trying the pc version. then uninstalled them, installed zztop1, quit the game and boom it's raining cheevos hallelujah

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Just went and did endless legend, and then realized I have apparently already done it before lol. Don't remember this game existing.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
That Korgan game isn't bad. I've played faaaaar worse.

i mean it kinda is, in a charming oldschool flash game way. super repetitive and theres some obvious padding on it "run all map collecting gears now run all map back collecting plants". but its a hack and slash and i excuse a lot of bad stuff cause i like the genre, and well, rec room gave me less points in less time but it still was a vastly worse experience imho

turning everything into ice and then blasting them with the mage was fun though. i just changed characters to use traps, didnt use a single point on anyone else

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i see people talking about a 10k GS challenge -- how do i access it? on my gamepass mobile app all i see are daily, weekly, and monthly challenges.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
i see people talking about a 10k GS challenge -- how do i access it? on my gamepass mobile app all i see are daily, weekly, and monthly challenges.

it's on the microsoft rewards app, the one with a medal icon (you also need to check it on console)
don't forget to activate it first

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Just switch your console to US in the settings? There's no region lock on the Xbox store.
Yes - it's even easier to change in the web. Just go to the xbox store on a web page and in the bottom left corner of the whole page (in the small print and legal text), there's a language option. Just click on that and pick US english from the list, and suddenly you'll see all games and prices in dollars. Just click buy/install there and it will be added to your account and device.

I'm in the Uk and I have one leaves achievements.

Edit - MS even have a handy dandy picture of it
cf5d8a21-0d95-c060-b237-51053e532bb2.png

Last edited:

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I have 9400~/10000 left from beating Edith Finch earlier (1000 for the game).

Never thought I'd ever play that game but since it was on Game Pass and had some points, I thought I'd play it. Pretty interesting story and was only a few hours long so no regrets at all.

I think I'll just play other games normally to get the final 600 since I have a few games I'm currently playing. Good excuse to actually play through them.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 10k but the card won't complete. Guess it is glitched. Both tasks are checked. Guess I will check again tomorrow

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Just tried for 45 mins to get star bound to start on PC. Loads of fatal exception errors. I give up. That PC Xbox app really is trash tier.

i ran into the same problem. i solved it though. the reason it crashed for me is that on launch it tries to make a folder named Starbound inside C:/Users/yourusername/Documents.
however, i put my documents folder on a different drive, and that directory didn't exist so i got this giant wall of text fatal exception error when i tried to launch. after i created the new folder, the crash was gone and the game worked fine.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
The bard's tale arpg is pretty easy to 1000g following the TA guide. Another one with debug mode/cheats not stopping cheevos. Takes a little time but overall quite painless

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The touryst is a pretty cool game, not one of the super short games though. It's 4-5 hours. I'm out of short games to do at 8,000

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
So I did Edith Finch on Xbox last time around--if I do it in PC gamepass, will those achievements count?

Also, One Leaves was glitched--I played through it a bit (following a guide) and no achievements popped.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished 10k. Not too bad with some of the tricks like rec room, surviving mars, spacebound, endless legend, etc...

Oct 26, 2017
BTW, Sims 4 is an easy one as well on Xbox One if you have Ultimate via EA Play:

A big chunk are super quick and easy, but a couple of worlds give a chunk of their own and take a while. Just make sure to follow along and save regularly in case you screw up something (I did at one point. XD).

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
so here's what i have done so far, all on PC game pass:

don't starve - fast and easy 1K with console commands
endless legend - fast and easy 1K with console commands
bard's tale ARPG - easy 1K with console commands, does take a little bit of time though.
starbound - near-instant 1K with the achievement mod
surviving mars - near-instant 1K with the two achievement mods from the paradox mod manager
five nights at freddy's 2 - easy 960 using the skip night trick. the last 40 involves RNG so i didn't bother

that's 40 short of 6K for me.

there's also a couple other quick cheaty ones i've heard of like age of empires DE (worth 1250, can use regular cheats), subnautica (console cheats), ARK (more console cheats), which should get me another 3.2K pretty easily, so then i'll be at over 9K.

also, astrologaster, edith finch (on console GP only right now, coming to PC next week), and gardens between are all supposed to be nice and relaxing 1K, although not necessarily all that fast.

last month, i played through scourgebringer and carrion and got 1K in both, but that was before i hit the punchcard of course. if anyone is looking for an easy game to get 1K in legit, then try carrion. scourgebringer is a little harder to 1K but if you like roguelikes it is probably worth checking out

Oct 28, 2017

bard's tale ARPG - easy 1K with console commands, does take a little bit of time though.
surviving mars - near-instant 1K with the two achievement mods from the paradox mod manager
five nights at freddy's 2 - easy 960 using the skip night trick. the last 40 involves RNG so i didn't bother

there's also a couple other quick cheaty ones i've heard of like age of empires DE (worth 1250, can use regular cheats), subnautica (console cheats), ARK (more console cheats), which should get me another 3.2K pretty easily, so then i'll be at over 9K.

also, astrologaster, edith finch (on console GP only right now, coming to PC next week), and gardens between are all supposed to be nice and relaxing 1K, although not necessarily all that fast.

last month, i played through scourgebringer and carrion and got 1K in both, but that was before i hit the punchcard of course. if anyone is looking for an easy game to get 1K in legit, then try carrion. scourgebringer is a little harder to 1K but if you like roguelikes it is probably worth checking out

Link to the Starbound mod?

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
Just switch your console to US in the settings? There's no region lock on the Xbox store.
Maka91 made it seem like a console reset and sounded like it might not be a good idea!?
Yes - it's even easier to change in the web. Just go to the xbox store on a web page and in the bottom left corner of the whole page (in the small print and legal text), there's a language option. Just click on that and pick US english from the list, and suddenly you'll see all games and prices in dollars. Just click buy/install there and it will be added to your account and device.

I'm in the Uk and I have one leaves achievements.

Edit - MS even have a handy dandy picture of it
cf5d8a21-0d95-c060-b237-51053e532bb2.png
Thanks, I tried this - I can find the game and click get but it then opens a store page that says unavailable!?

BTW, Sims 4 is an easy one as well on Xbox One if you have Ultimate via EA Play:

A big chunk are super quick and easy, but a couple of worlds give a chunk of their own and take a while. Just make sure to follow along and save regularly in case you screw up something (I did at one point. XD).

Thanks, I think another list worth exploring is one where you can get an easy (say) 100pts - if I could download 10 games and each would give me an easy 100pts that would be the same as playing a whole 1k game....it's about getting the best bank for buck.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Lol Endless Legend just comes back error on trying to download. GP on PC is just utter crap. That's 3 for 3 in the past 24hrs trying to play anything on this POS

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

astrologaster can be pretty fast if you speed through it, but the game is interesting, so i stopped to read stuff instead of just following the guide