ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
So I hit 10k, the card gave both check marks but it didn't give me the bonus. Or is it supposed to?
I don't believe it is supposed to. The 10k you can get is from the GS points you "earn" by playing the games, as GS on it's own does not normally add to your Rewards points. This is how it worked last time as well, although someone (in this thread?) did mention they seemed to get an additional 10k bonus, I feel that might be an outlier mistake.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
10,000 points is about the equivalent to $10? Just trying to figure out if it's worth playing stuff I don't want to for 10,000 points.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
Is there any analysis of the best cost-benefit of points for getting XGPU?

I did some calculations and it seems like the best option is to spend 15,000 points on 3 months of Xbox Live Gold and convert that into 50 days of XGPU. As opposed to spending 12,000 points on one month.
I'm interested in this too, what's the most cost efficient way to buy/get GPU?

This doesn't make much sense to me. If you get a three day streak, you get 45 points (15 points per day bonus). Every steak over that is the same 15 point per day bonus. But if you break the streak purposely every fourth day, you're now only getting 45 points bonus for every four days, so that's 11.25 points per day bonus.

Am I missing something? Are you just willing to reduce the points per day bonus to get the points in sooner?
I figure you lose 25 points every 4 days rather than a potential 250-300 when you miss a long streak. I would always screw up at weekends so it works better for me...less of a risk and it only costs me ~6 points per day.

I don't believe it is supposed to. The 10k you can get is from the GS points you "earn" by playing the games, as GS on it's own does not normally add to your Rewards points. This is how it worked last time as well, although someone (in this thread?) did mention they seemed to get an additional 10k bonus, I feel that might be an outlier mistake.
A couple people reported they got an extra 10k but that was probably a bug/glitch.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
10,000 points is about the equivalent to $10? Just trying to figure out if it's worth playing stuff I don't want to for 10,000 points.

More or less. With level 2 rewards for me it's 9300 points for 10€ I think. For now I'm not doing it this time apart from activating and playing normally. We'll see maybe next week.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
More or less. With level 2 rewards for me it's 9300 points for 10€ I think. For now I'm not doing it this time apart from activating and playing normally. We'll see maybe next week.
Okay thank you. Do you only get the points if you get 10k or if I earn like 3k in GS will I get 3k in rewards points?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, how does the math work out for people getting Gamepass Ultimate for their Xbox console?
I'm purely a PC guy and I can get a month of PC Gamepass every 20 days or so just from searching and those daily quizzes. Gamepass Ultimate is more expensive but I know that gets you more points from playing on console, getting achievements and stuff.

Scott

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious, how does the math work out for people getting Gamepass Ultimate for their Xbox console?
I'm purely a PC guy and I can get a month of PC Gamepass every 20 days or so just from searching and those daily quizzes. Gamepass Ultimate is more expensive but I know that gets you more points from playing on console, getting achievements and stuff.

I can only speak from Canadian experience but I think this is similiar to US too.

Xbox has the Microsoft Rewards app where each week has a set of 3 tasks that earn you 100 points and for streaks of 10 weeks you get a bonus 2500 points. Throughout the week there are often offers for 5 points each. Every day there is an offer for 50 points for earning an achievement in any Xbox game. You do not need gamepass to earn these points.

With the gamepass mobile app (I cannot find any concrete info if you can log into it with a Gamepass PC subscription but I suspect you can) if you do all the quests you are going to earn approximately 2000 points per month. If you have ultimate there is usually a bit of a bump on one of the quests (ie get an extra 50 points with ultimate) but really nothing major (so far at least). Assuming you can access the mobile app with Gamepass PC you could probably earn a good chunk of the 2000 with Gamepass PC games but the biggest hurdle might be some of the quests may be for games that are only on the console Gamepass.

TLDR: on console if you were to do every single quest / task (excluding the bonus offers for buying specific games / DLC) you are looking at approximately 4k in points per month. This month there is a quest to get the equivalent gamescore you earn in rewards points but those have not been that frequent.

Hope this helps.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017

Not really. If you can play some of the stuff that gives you 1,000 points in like 5-10 minutes that's one thing but I'm not going to play something I have no interest in for even an hour or two to get 1,000 points just because it's 'free' money. My time is worth more than getting $1 an hour. I'm just using the promo as an opportunity to play some shorter Gamepass I actually want to play but have always been put on the backburner. If I can get a few dollars out of it while also playing stuff I actually want to play that's fine with me.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing seems to be updating right now for me either in the rewards app.

I stopped playing games last night and just went to play something else. This morning I woke up to find the score had fixed itself to be more correct. I think it was just a slow period, but it looks correct for me now. So it seems like it will still count your points, but if it is lagging behind, that's pretty much what it is - lagging behind.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I can only speak from Canadian experience but I think this is similiar to US too.

Xbox has the Microsoft Rewards app where each week has a set of 3 tasks that earn you 100 points and for streaks of 10 weeks you get a bonus 2500 points. Throughout the week there are often offers for 5 points each. Every day there is an offer for 50 points for earning an achievement in any Xbox game. You do not need gamepass to earn these points.

With the gamepass mobile app (I cannot find any concrete info if you can log into it with a Gamepass PC subscription but I suspect you can) if you do all the quests you are going to earn approximately 2000 points per month. If you have ultimate there is usually a bit of a bump on one of the quests (ie get an extra 50 points with ultimate) but really nothing major (so far at least). Assuming you can access the mobile app with Gamepass PC you could probably earn a good chunk of the 2000 with Gamepass PC games but the biggest hurdle might be some of the quests may be for games that are only on the console Gamepass.

TLDR: on console if you were to do every single quest / task (excluding the bonus offers for buying specific games / DLC) you are looking at approximately 4k in points per month. This month there is a quest to get the equivalent gamescore you earn in rewards points but those have not been that frequent.

Hope this helps.
Hmm, alright. So combining that with the 8K or so you can get from Bing every month, you could feasibly get enough for Gamepass Ultimate most months. Thanks.
Like I said, this was purely for curiosity's sake. I've got no intention of getting an Xbox console myself, I was just curious if console peeps got the same kinda deal as PC users solely relying on Bing, since GP-U takes so many more points and there isn't a plain GP-console option.
The Gamepass mobile app is still usable if you're just on Gamepass PC, obviously, but you don't get any quests. I converted my sub to Gamepass Ultimate for a few months and I got weekly quests for playing Gamepass games on my PC, but that was only five points a week. If you just have a PC sub, you don't get those, but if you have an Ultimate sub and a Windows machine that's at least capable of playing some low end games on GP-PC like Opus Magnum, Among Us, Dead Cells, etc., it might be worth pulling them up.

Last edited:

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Does the gamerscore 10k appear in your rewards points right away or do you have to wait until the task if over then claim?

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Not really. If you can play some of the stuff that gives you 1,000 points in like 5-10 minutes that's one thing but I'm not going to play something I have no interest in for even an hour or two to get 1,000 points just because it's 'free' money. My time is worth more than getting $1 an hour. I'm just using the promo as an opportunity to play some shorter Gamepass I actually want to play but have always been put on the backburner. If I can get a few dollars out of it while also playing stuff I actually want to play that's fine with me.
This is my stance as well. I will do some of the easy games that can be done on PC or xCloud during the day while I'm working, but for my "free" time I usually only focus on games I would like to play anyways. Fortunately, I've had Edith Finch in my backlog for a while now so I took advantage of the promo to get the 1000 GS on that.

I'll probably play the LucasArts games as I've wanted to give those a play again (I played them originally when they came out on PC), but I don't see myself grinding away on games I don't enjoy. If I hit 10,000 then great, if not that's fine too (last time I made it to around 8k).

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
lol why is the rewards app the buggiest thing on my XSX.

it crashes every time I try and redeem the daily achievement thing.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I honestly don't know if I've ever been able to redeem that. Any time I think about it after getting an achievement, I select "earn now" but I never get a checkmark.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how long it would take to get those 75 pts for Monster Hunter? Im not trying to fuck with something that has a steep learning curve just to get to my first "big hunt"

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know if I've ever been able to redeem that. Any time I think about it after getting an achievement, I select "earn now" but I never get a checkmark.

Yeh it constantly crashes. Had no issues redeeming the daily achievement thing before despite this but today its totally borked. Also not tracked my achievements within the 10k card - hoping its just a matter of time and they'll eventually show up

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how long it would take to get those 75 pts for Monster Hunter? Im not trying to fuck with something that has a steep learning curve just to get to my first "big hunt"
Don't do it for 75 points. Seems no one really knows which monsters count and the game takes hours to really get going. If you are interested in trying out the game then maybe the 75 points can be a carrot but if your goal is the points then skip it. Not worth it.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Don't do it for 75 points. Seems no one really knows which monsters count and the game takes hours to really get going. If you are interested in trying out the game then maybe the 75 points can be a carrot but if your goal is the points then skip it. Not worth it.
I'm 99 percent sure any of the main creatures count. I have vague memories of doing it years ago with a great jagras which is the first thing you're sent to get in the game . I don't think it took ages but there is a bit of tutorialling to get through.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 99 percent sure any of the main creatures count. I have vague memories of doing it years ago with a great jagras which is the first thing you're sent to get in the game . I don't think it took ages but there is a bit of tutorialling to get through.
Some are saying Great Jagras don't work on TrueAchievements. Either way, you will be spending a couple of hours to get something that's worth like $0.08.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, alright. So combining that with the 8K or so you can get from Bing every month, you could feasibly get enough for Gamepass Ultimate most months. Thanks.
Like I said, this was purely for curiosity's sake. I've got no intention of getting an Xbox console myself, I was just curious if console peeps got the same kinda deal as PC users solely relying on Bing, since GP-U takes so many more points and there isn't a plain GP-console option.
The Gamepass mobile app is still usable if you're just on Gamepass PC, obviously, but you don't get any quests. I converted my sub to Gamepass Ultimate for a few months and I got weekly quests for playing Gamepass games on my PC, but that was only five points a week. If you just have a PC sub, you don't get those, but if you have an Ultimate sub and a Windows machine that's at least capable of playing some low end games on GP-PC like Opus Magnum, Among Us, Dead Cells, etc., it might be worth pulling them up.

I'm in Europe and only play on console. There's a console only rewards app with some daily/weekly points, especially the daily achievement thing, otherwise not much I guess. I don't play on pc but I sub with ultimate because it was cheaper via gold conversion at first and then it's cheaper to just accumulate gold/pc pass via rewards and convert it back to ultimate (instead of redeeming ultimate). I get about 11k points a month and that's enough for it to get itself paid in that way. And then some.

I don't think it'd be worth the time anyway. Don't, not for 75. The game is awesome, though.

Okingjrr

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
France

It took me like an hour to do it. That said, I've played through the game on PC, so I knew what to do, and killed the monster in 2 minutes.
Between the cutscenes that can't be skipped and long-ish tutorial, I'd say a new player might take an hour and a half.
As for which monster counts, The Great Jagras unlocks it for a new save, which is the first proper hunt in the game. (At least, it did for me).

But yeah, it's not worth it if you don't want to be bothered with the game's complicated mechanics

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

It's a real POS, lol. It crashes literally after every single action I do.

Open a link, go back, freezes and crashes.
Activate something... crashes after.
Redeem something... crashes.

If it weren't for the MS emails telling me some of the stuff went through I wouldn't know.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
It's a real POS, lol. It crashes literally after every single action I do.

Open a link, go back, freezes and crashes.
Activate something... crashes after.
Redeem something... crashes.

If it weren't for the MS emails telling me some of the stuff went through I wouldn't know.

Yeh its insane how often it crashes. I have to open it a good four or five times to actually get through everything due to it crashing to the home screen every other click (and even then a lot don't seem to register).

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear, in an odd way, that it's the app rather than my Xbox. It seems like something that they should fix for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more than halfway through Superhot and I have just 3 achievements to go. The last one is very dumb (you have to have the game running for 2 and a half hours) so I dunno if I'll do it.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Finished "Call of the Sea" pretty nice little adventure/puzzle game. Lots of missables but there's chapter select thankfully. Easy to just casually play and then mop up.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Because of this stupid 10000 achievement thing I now understand Kingdom Hearts somewhat and have emotional investment in Aqua.

Fuck.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Some are saying Great Jagras don't work on TrueAchievements. Either way, you will be spending a couple of hours to get something that's worth like $0.08.
I don't think it'd be worth the time anyway. Don't, not for 75. The game is awesome, though.

Ok good to know. Someone else here got great jagras to work so it may be the tracking in the app that's glitchy.

As everyone said, not really worth it for 75 PTS unless someone wants an excuse to try the game.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. Now I must weight other factors, but I have a few easy options on the PC side for this promotion. I've stuck to things I actually want to play and achievements that raise my ratio on Trueachievements.

Yeh theres an easy 3/4000 on PC which can be done in maybe 15 mins, I just did them whilst windowed and doing other stuff. Games like The Gardens Between / What Remains Of Edith Finch were an easy 1000 and both games I wanted to play so win win.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone on my list who played those Xiloton games and I saw they are giving out 3000 points for doing shit like "press start button" LMFAO

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
So I'm over 3K so far in a few days which is crazy to think about given how long I have been sitting around this gamerscore. Don't Starve on PC was no effort for 1K which was cool, Gardens Between was neat, and I've just been doing a few other things here and there.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the 50 point rewards are making me get achievements when I wouldn't otherwise. Luckily I was half-way through Little Acre when I hit 10k, so on days when I don't naturally get achievements (or don't play much) I can just open it up and get to the next achievement. 50 reward points per day adds up to a fair amount over time. After I finish Little Acre (which is a cute and fun game) I'll have to find another game that can work for that purpose.