• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jedmaxwell

Sep 22, 2018
Got 12,993 in the UK which is enough to keep GPU ticking over each month but it does feel tougher now with all the big point nerds.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
10 534 points this month. The nerfs really hurt me. I was doing around 15K before. And I'm pretty dilligent doing things available to me everyday. Still, that means I can get 50 days of GPU for about every 45 days of doing points. I'm ''breaking even'' so to speak.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
19,733 monthly total, factoring in the final console weekly bonus and some points from a $13 purchase (Signalis :D). I stopped grabbing the achievement daily once I hit the total needed for the 1000 pt monthly and news articles weren't registering last night.

17k will keep the Game Pass lights on at least with a little bit in the pocket for the odd store redemption.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
24,185 points this month for me with some purchases. I have 1,027,545 points currently. I really need to start spending lol.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The daily poll isn't working for me today, it's saying the poll is closer and I can't get the 10 for today, annoying (mostly as it will kill my streak)

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The daily poll isn't working for me today, it's saying the poll is closer and I can't get the 10 for today, annoying (mostly as it will kill my streak)

Was about to write the same thing.. I will try again later.

EDIT:

Stolen from Reddit.

CLick the poll and change the number in the URL to 20240430

It will load up yesterdays poll and give you today's points.

FilthyCasual

Aug 30, 2021
When they changed the rewards program, did they remove the feature where you could auto redeem for GPU every month for fewer points than manually redeeming? Or is it a bug that I didn't get a redemption code this month?

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
When they changed the rewards program, did they remove the feature where you could auto redeem for GPU every month for fewer points than manually redeeming? Or is it a bug that I didn't get a redemption code this month?
Auto-redeem still exists, in the new rewards part of your profile on xbox and maybe elsewhere. Sometimes people report it not working for them.

Redeeming 3 months of Game Pass Core for 15,000 points currently gives you 50 days of Game Pass Ultimate (for current Ultimate subscribers) at a rate of 300 points per day, versus auto-redeeming a month for 10,500 which is 350 points per day.

FilthyCasual

Aug 30, 2021
Auto-redeem still exists, in the new rewards part of your profile on xbox and maybe elsewhere. Sometimes people report it not working for them.

Redeeming 3 months of Game Pass Core for 15,000 points currently gives you 50 days of Game Pass Ultimate (for current Ultimate subscribers) at a rate of 300 points per day, versus auto-redeeming a month for 10,500 which is 350 points per day.

I found it and it says I'm on auto-redeem, but I didn't get a code, which has happened before. I guess I'll log a bug.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone NOT complete the monthly Game Pass quests and can see when they expire?

I guess the next month's will open up on Tuesday 7MAY, but that seems late in the month for it to happen to me? Especially when the 1st was a Tuesday, too.

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
So .. in couple weeks I will be moving to another country and I know the points that I have now will be useless in another region ( no issue I will start again from zero ) .. the thing is .. how long it takes after updating the address in awards account until the account work again .. tried with support and nothing from them

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
So .. in couple weeks I will be moving to another country and I know the points that I have now will be useless in another region ( no issue I will start again from zero ) .. the thing is .. how long it takes after updating the address in awards account until the account work again .. tried with support and nothing from them

Redeem what you have now and pray it still works after you move, contacting support is almost always useless if they respond at all they will just give you the usual bullshit answers and tell you to read the service agreement and don't use VPNs and so on. If you are really unlucky you will be stuck with the "on the go" error message for a while or unable to redeem anything especially if you don't get rid of the points you earned in another country.

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have a question for iOS users

Is there any way to stop Bing searches conducted on Safari from opening up the Bing app?

It never used to do that but now it does, and the Bing app is shit as it opens each new search in it's own tab which means you're forever closing tabs while searching, all while the app starts to chug (or it does on my old ass phone anyway)

So ideally, is there a way to do Bing searches from Safari without it forcing the Bing app open, or alternatively, is there a way to stop the Bing app from opening every new search in it's own tab?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question for iOS users

Is there any way to stop Bing searches conducted on Safari from opening up the Bing app?

It never used to do that but now it does, and the Bing app is shit as it opens each new search in it's own tab which means you're forever closing tabs while searching, all while the app starts to chug (or it does on my old ass phone anyway)

So ideally, is there a way to do Bing searches from Safari without it forcing the Bing app open, or alternatively, is there a way to stop the Bing app from opening every new search in it's own tab?
Just type in 'quote of the day' and click until you get 60 points.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that works anymore, using those kind of links stops at 15 for me, but it gives me points for other searches

I'll try that tomorrow anyway to see if it works
I have the former, like when searching movie casts, but the quote of the day search still works, likely because they send you there as a point reward several times a week.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
wanted to double check as much the ifood card was for my last cashout and just cant find it anymore? did they just remove it straight up? any other brazilian rewards user can check that too?

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Hmm. I think the maximum I could achieve per day doing everything is 273.

Edit: with 4 weekly console bonus + 273 x 30 it equals to 9290 / 30 = 309 points per day.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
My automatic point redemption for the month, game pass ultimate, did not pop like usual. Is there a way to manually do it and still get the auto redeem discount?

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
Redeem what you have now and pray it still works after you move, contacting support is almost always useless if they respond at all they will just give you the usual bullshit answers and tell you to read the service agreement and don't use VPNs and so on. If you are really unlucky you will be stuck with the "on the go" error message for a while or unable to redeem anything especially if you don't get rid of the points you earned in another country.
The support answered and they informed me to update my address with correct information.. I take it they mean after moving to new address .. they didn't remove the restriction so I can redeem my balance points before leaving .. but alas.. my mind is in peace and I know I lost the 82k points lol .. no issue . will start from zero after 2 weeks and lets hope everything works fine

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed I have a badge on my Xbox profile that says "Weekly Set" is that like some "I used MS Rewards before it turned to shit" badge?

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
How the heck do I turn off the automatic redirect to the bing app when I search in safari? It's highly irritating. When I asked microsoft copilot it told me to uninstall the bing app :/ :/ :/

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How the heck do I turn off the automatic redirect to the bing app when I search in safari? It's highly irritating. When I asked microsoft copilot it told me to uninstall the bing app :/ :/ :/

iOS doesn't give you that level of granularity in settings. For once, Copilot is correct.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, can't get this final "play a console game for 15 minutes" for the week to go through for 2 days now

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I like Microsoft Jewel. I have no idea why this is a thing for points, but it's fun for 5 minutes!

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i love how this new set of things are completely lost when I play stuff in the xcloud

don't know if it counts as pc or console, today didn't even count the achievements

harleyvwarren

Oct 31, 2022
Illinois
It's usually playing another game that "play a console game" finally registers for me, after the first game I play for 15 minutes. Finicky as hell, per usual, since the beginning, really.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hard restart the console. Mine were taking hours, now I restart the console in the morning and it takes less than 15 mins

Cool, that did the trick, thanks

It's usually playing another game that "play a console game" finally registers for me, after the first game I play for 15 minutes. Finicky as hell, per usual, since the beginning, really.

Well thing is, I thought I had it figured out for weeks now, never needed to bother witu starting a new game, but then all of a sudden it stopped working altogether

Anyways, I got it figured out now thankfully

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
I still do it with Fortnite in xcloud every day and it always works for me I usually play zero build for 15 min (or longer since this game mode is actually pretty fun).

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I got a pop-up saying my streak protection days have expired for the year, though I never enabled it or had it available for me to enable in the first place. I know that it is for people to enable before going on a 2 week overseas holiday, not something to have on all the time as it reduces every day it's enabled. That's not the issue.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I got a pop-up saying my streak protection days have expired for the year, though I never enabled it or had it available for me to enable in the first place. I know that it is for people to enable before going on a 2 week overseas holiday, not something to have on all the time as it reduces every day it's enabled. That's not the issue.
Never heard of it, how can you enable it?

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of it, how can you enable it?
If it's available to you, it's above the daily set on the right side, above "sneak peek at tomorrow's set". If you have it, only enable it if you think you will break your streak in the next few days, not as something to have on normally as you can only have it on for 14 days a year. It goes down regardless of if you do the daily set or not.

I've never had it though.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Man they really cracked down on this shit - I need to add a phone number to get rewards now? 100k points just sitting there meh

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
REJOICE!

ycBKm0K.jpeg