• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed Play a PC game now says you have to play it for 15 minutes lol

Anyway, I'm at 13,927 this month so far. Pretty terrible tbh.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed Play a PC game now says you have to play it for 15 minutes lol

Anyway, I'm at 13,927 this month so far. Pretty terrible tbh.

As someone that only just now got all this extra stuff like Jewel, I can only see it as an improvement lmao

Was barely getting over 10k previously, but I'm set to get about 15k (Or 14k more or less if I subtract the 1k I finally got for completing the puzzle)

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
My count this month is terrible 😂 less than 7500 points 😅 I already got the 500 monthly gp points and I've never even got the new 1000 since the old 1000 turned into the new 500.
No weekly streak either, no more shit for me. And thanks you to DD2 for giving me the daily 15 mins until some days ago because right now I'm not even playing on the Xbox anymore.

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
It been 1 month since they restricted my account from redeeming .. man .. it is hard to let the points like this ..

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I'll pass 9000 points per month with the current settings. I only do about half of the maximum searches so there's room to increase.

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
Around 10k so far so half of what i got before the nerfs pretty depressing, it's enough for game pass pc though so will probably continue.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
As someone that only just now got all this extra stuff like Jewel, I can only see it as an improvement lmao

Was barely getting over 10k previously, but I'm set to get about 15k (Or 14k more or less if I subtract the 1k I finally got for completing the puzzle)

Except that they raised the point redeem price of everything so it's not really an improvement even with that

I kept doing it without the annoying things (daily achievement and spending an hour searching because of the cooldown) and I got less than 5000 which gets literally nothing (well, I could get a five reais gift card that buys nothing, but they ask for the phone now and it's bugged and I can't progress 9 out of 10 times and when it does it takes more than a week for them to approve it and the sale I wanted to use it already ended). They completely gutted the program, it's sad to see. From easily the best on the market to so shitty it feels like Microsoft is purposefully mocking those who still are around

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Except that they raised the point redeem price of everything so it's not really an improvement even with that

I kept doing it without the annoying things (daily achievement and spending an hour searching because of the cooldown) and I got less than 5000 which gets literally nothing (well, I could get a five reais gift card that buys nothing, but they ask for the phone now and it's bugged and I can't progress 9 out of 10 times and when it does it takes more than a week for them to approve it and the sale I wanted to use it already ended). They completely gutted the program, it's sad to see. From easily the best on the market to so shitty it feels like Microsoft is purposefully mocking those who still are around

The amounts to redeem stuff is still the same for me afaik

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
huh really? here they made xbox gift cards slightly cheaper but almost doubled everything else

Yea I just now checked everything I'd potentially get (Amazon, Xbox, and Gamepass), and they're all the same still. I remember being tempted to spend it once some were mentioning increases weeks ago, but it never happened for me it seems

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
MS support really can't be bothered actually sorting anything can they.

Finally got a response to my ticket from a few weeks back saying that the issue is now resolved but they'll keep the ticket open for 24 hours if there's issues, just reply to the email.

A minute after that response, my junk mail has a notification for my support ticket having been closed.

I mean, what's the point. There's clearly a larger issue with the Scratch to Win reward that's affecting people going by Reddit that's resulting in the On the Go message but they clearly don't want to admit that Rewards is broken.

I've stopped earning at this point. If my account suddenly let's me redeem, I'll be able to grab £15 worth of vouchers but I'll opt out at that point. Not worth the bother.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I haven't had a single search count in 6 months
Same here. On my older laptop, I can go the next search basically as quickly as my laptop will load the page since that alone takes a few seconds.

On my desktop PC, I can sometimes go too quickly to the next search but really it only takes a couple of seconds to pause before moving on. And considering all of my searches are topics that I manually entered a long time ago, I often find myself reading some of the headlines anyways.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
On the Bing mobile app it reports something has gone wrong and to contact support. It works elsewhere. I tried clearing the cache and such with no success. I redeemed a reward from a browser and it immediately came through. It's annoying that it will mean a greater reduction in points without the app's streak while waiting for them to get back to me.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oooh!
Vampire Survivors getting a free update means more achievements for it. It's still Game Pass, too!

Only 7 for the Laborratory Update, but if you're like me and haven't played it in a long time, you completely skipped the "Space 54" update too, so that's 8 more.

That's two weeks of daily achievements booked, lol (unless you accidentally get two in one run like I did a couple days ago -- DOH!).

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Today the service is busted, can't even start games in cloud.
Search/browser earnings from mobile apps is also busted on Android.

The Xbox app earnings are working though(just claimed Play a PC Game). Jewel was slow to register, but that's been most of the week.

Edit: Okay, so mobile Bing and Start apps are busted, but mobile searches are registering if you check desktop or point totals. News story points are not registering though.

Last edited:

15SagittaeB

Feb 12, 2022
I ended up at ~15.2k points for the month, but that's with the last ever 2500 point 10 week bonus, so I guess I can expect 11-12k per month in the future.. well, I guess it's enough for free GPU

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm at 7800. I've skipped doing all the daily searches compared to before. So I'm actually generering more points now. 1 or 2 months ago I got around 4000 something doing every single task every day of the month.

Edit: so if I would have done all the searches every day I would have landed on about 12 000 points, I guess? That's an uptick for me with all the changes.

Last edited:

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Hm, two games from the leaving list I'm still interested in with Supraland: Six Inches Under (played the first) and Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising... Hate when that happens.

Not the most exciting new drop otherwise, but I'll try the KONA games at some point.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, only 14,156 this month for me, AND that's including points from about 27 dollars in purchases in games and a movie (so about 2700 points).

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
16,986, if i ignore the 1000 I got for the puzzle then 15,986

Still butthurt af I missed out on that last 2500 points though

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
17,083 but with 2500 from the dead xbox rewards app. Still seems way more than I thought I'd end up with. Interested to see what I'll end up with next month.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
NzLpMt5.png

lmao

yeah bye bitch

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Ending the month at just over 13K, not great and I've definitely fallen off/missed stuff and expect to miss more as time goes on, especially once I hit another $100 Amazon gift card next month.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I finished near 16,477 this month. I'm surprised I got that high tbh. The 1000 puzzle piece helped at the end.

Last edited:

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Barely 7k this month, finally less than enough to keep GPU going so might be time to let it go for me. I can't be bothered to do the searches everyday so most of the points are never going to be back for me. It will be nice to have a few free minutes back everyday though.

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
Not closed yet, but I'll reach around 14k, with 2,5k weekly stretch. My new normal will be around 10,5 - 11,5k, which still more than enough, but not that more than enough.

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
15,230 with some days didn't do searches since still feeling down for not letting me redeem .. I will give the program 1 more month

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else get an email from rewards with the subject "Sending you lucky thoughts" about entering a $5000 sweepstakes? I didn't enter any sweepstakes, but I also see it in my rewards order history from today costing 0 points.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else get an email from rewards with the subject "Sending you lucky thoughts" about entering a $5000 sweepstakes? I didn't enter any sweepstakes, but I also see it in my rewards order history from today costing 0 points.
They have sweepstakes you automatically enter if you search for like 3 or 5 days or whatever sometimes. I'd have to guess it's that.

I don't remember the email (I kinda just tune out most of my emails unless they immediately raise a mental flag), but I DO see this in my order history.

oFsIxtP.jpeg

Last edited: