criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Contemplating creating a new IG account just to create a Threads account. I don't want my IG connected to my Threads account.

Anyone else do?
Since day 1, so I have a second IG account that's basically nothing. I hope in the future we can delete IG account, but keep threads. With the ability to just sign up for a threads account.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Damn good changes.

Just need to be able to sort search. They also need to stop censoring certain words in search as well.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Limiting it to one tag is exactly how to do it, good job. You should be tagging the crux of your thread, not adding a million tags just to get more eyes on your post to try to game the system. At that point it becomes useless.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keeping people from abusing tag spam is like my number 1 concern with tags, so im glad theyre putting in guardrails

Searching through tags on Twitter got unbearable because people just packed as many irrelevant tags as possible to boost visibility. Just awful stuff and im glad theyre getting out ahead of it

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Keeping people from abusing tag spam is like my number 1 concern with tags, so im glad theyre putting in guardrails

Searching through tags on Twitter got unbearable because people just packed as many irrelevant tags as possible to boost visibility. Just awful stuff and im glad theyre getting out ahead of it

yeah, sometimes with youtube videos i'll open the description and just see a billion tags in there, even for unrelated stuff because they want to get caught in the SEO.

A single tag is a great way to do it.

Royalan

Not actually the youngest mod — AP Fact Check
Oct 24, 2017
Been a little the last week.

Can someone compile all the new features so I can update the thread title? 👀

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I get a looooooot of pro-Israel posts from people I don't follow on Threads. Not even just Threads, but the little Threads banner on Instagram.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
One tag is a very interesting move - Instagram is the worst for posts having a million tags, partly as they can be hidden behind the extended description field but everyone there gets paranoid if you don't have them you'll get no reach and paste in 50. So if this works, I'll be interested to see if it goes wider too.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
They really need to figure out a solution with the EU. Huge userbase that is missing and that the platform desperately needs.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Been a little the last week.

Can someone compile all the new features so I can update the thread title? 👀
Off the top of my head, topic tags (kinda like hashtags?), gif support and polls. I'm sure there are smaller things too but those are the biggest I can think of, but gifs and polls were a few weeks ago. Tags or whatever they're called are new and being tested

Jul 1, 2020
The main issue as far as what I can see with the service launching in the EU is that Threads is joined at the hip with Instagram. Once they split them apart and users can create their own accounts in Threads directly and not have to create/use an Instagram account Threads should be able to launch in the EU, in theory anyway.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
They announced this week you can delete your Threads account without deleting your Instagram.

It looks like they've started to unstitch the products. Hopefully we get news about EU soon.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
There may be other, bigger changes coming to the app soon. Alessandro Paluzzi, a software engineer who's found a lot of features on Threads before they're out (including the new cross-platform post-suggesting switches), posted a screenshot that suggests Meta could be preparing to open the platform up to EU users. Meta has held off on launching Threads in Europe because of how the region's Digital Markets Act governs the handling of cross-platform data.
www.theverge.com

Threads users can keep their posts off Instagram and Facebook now

You can keep your posts on Threads only now.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
You can now click a button in each post to translate something to English. It's a funky little symbol that appears in the lower right of the post. Nice addition.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
The Biden Admin have all joined Threads today.

Did something happen with Twitter in the past week?

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Elon Musk post/repost/reply to something super anti-Semitic this past week?

And even the likes of Sony are pulling ads now?

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
The Biden Admin have all joined Threads today.

Did something happen with Twitter in the past week?
Musk agreed with a tweet saying Jewish people hate white people:
www.theguardian.com

White House condemns Elon Musk’s ‘abhorrent’ antisemitic tweets

The X owner tweeted that a post about Jewish people hating white people was ‘the actual truth’, prompting backlash

And multiple big companies paused advertising on Twitter after their ads apparently appeared beside tweets praising Adolf Hitler and the Nazis:
www.theguardian.com

Apple, Disney and IBM to pause ads on X after antisemitic Elon Musk tweet

Linda Yaccarino, the CEO of X, attempted to do damage control as Paramount and Warner Bros among others also pulled ads

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have a Threads account and don't plan on it. A little disappointed though that topics on here are still like 98% twitter embeds and 2% threads. I really feel like as a community we should make a push to use Threads whenever possible.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a Threads account and don't plan on it. A little disappointed though that topics on here are still like 98% twitter embeds and 2% threads. I really feel like as a community we should make a push to use Threads whenever possible.
Hard for me to do so considering I can't even use the website as a European.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They'll still be around in 2030 when you work up the courage.
Yeah, I still don't personally follow the logic where a wizard book series game can't even be mentioned because it's author is a transphobe, but we can use, discuss, share links to, and essentially promote and fund a transphobe racist fascist bigot's social media site that he actively uses and manipulates to promote hate.

Last edited:

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
And they didn't just create Threads accounts. They've actually left Twitter.

Elon dun fucked up.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
And they didn't just create Threads accounts. They've actually left Twitter.

Elon dun fucked up.
Damn I thought they were going to be posting on both. Them leaving Twitter is pretty big.

I'm seeing a lot of people moving over. Hard to know how much it's just the algorithm promoting those posts to me but I don't think it's just that. People are sick of Elon's promotion of nazis and the rest of those scum.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Threads is becoming a successful replacement for Twitter. The video can still use some work with scrubbing. I am also getting some random weird stuff in my feed that I have no interest in. However, my friend did so maybe it's just the algorithm acting a bit strange.

Every day new people are joining looking for people with the same interests.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017

so if you are in Europe you can't even see an embedded Thread on here? I'm guessing that's not the case and you can.

Threads and tweets are used as a way to spur/guide conversation on here, so not sure why people shouldn't use them as an embed as long as European's can see them and read the information they present.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so if you are in Europe you can't even see an embedded Thread on here? I'm guessing that's not the case and you can.

Threads and tweets are used as a way to spur/guide conversation on here, so not sure why people shouldn't use them as an embed as long as European's can see them and read the information they present.
No, we can see them, but no one in Europe will share them, so that's at least half of the world still using Twitter.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not going to search something on a site to post here that doesn't allow me to follow the people/orgs I want, read comments, share, like, etc etc. So because of that if I do share something on here, it's going to be from Twitter/Nitter.