• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
640x478_ac.jpg
Lol

Legit own a pair of these and will never apologize to anyone. Comfortable AF and no socks needed.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
afyrPdK.jpg

Stacy Adams Madison Cap Toe Boots. Been wearing these for a few years and they are still my best looking and favorite shoes to wear.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
Alden boots (US made), classic Indy boot, or any of their cap toe boots. Go shell cordovan leather if you wanna splurge ($700+). Viberg (canadian made) Service boots in the 2030 last (lasts are what determine sizing and shoe profile). These options aren't cheap but are built to be handed down to your kids with proper care and resoling. Truman Boot Co. (US made) are a cheaper alternative to Viberg, using aping their style very very closely at around $150-$200 less than Viberg.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I don't really wear boots much, but I love my Keen hiking shoes (for everyday wear). Closing in on two years and zero problems so far. They do have a pretty big selection of boots.

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what you're going for and what your budget is. I'm in my mid 30s so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

My favorite mid range boots are Crockett and Jones and for high end, I splurged on a pair of Edward Green Galways. Those were my end game footwear.

For the most part, you want a rubber sole, most mid to high end boots that aren't dress boots will have Dainite soles. They are long lasting.

Get fitted properly at a retail location and see what lasts work for your feet.

I can highly recommend C&J Conistons, Islay (love the high lacing on these), and one of my personal favorites that has been discontinued, the Galway II.

Oct 25, 2017
buncha people givin me shit for linking to some goth boots. we exist, fuckers. goddamn. your "stylish" boots are a laugh riot if you want to look like someone who has given up

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
buncha people givin me shit for linking to some goth boots. we exist, fuckers. goddamn. your "stylish" boots are a laugh riot if you want to look like someone who has given up

Red Wing Iron Rangers in black. Best boots I have ever owned for anything outside of backpacking. I wear the shit out of them and they still kick ass.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I totally get the love for the style and worn look of Clark Desert Boots but they just don't fit me, I hate the wide ankle, I need support, you just can't tie them close. Actually baffles me why people get on with them. I went a size down and it was still worthless around the ankle.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not a super boot person or whatever, but the price-to-quality ratio of my Thursday Vanguard boots is great.

Oct 27, 2017
For general use I find these Timb Euro hikers super comfortable.
nhuWaYV.jpg

They also had a design your own boot thing that I was tempted to treat myself with.

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
I belive it was the poet odb who said "get some chukka's fukka". You can't go wrong with Clarke's tbh.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I always forget that as a Texan, "boots" conjures a different image for us than the rest of the country lol. I was gonna recommend some Tony Lamas or Ariats, then I saw the direction the topic went.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Honestly, some of these boots posted look like the bulky orthopaedic footwear that 80-year olds with fucked up feet are forced to wear.

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are some hideous boots in this thread.

It's fine as long as you're happy wearing them, buy damn man, it's sad. I don't even want to imagine the outfits that go with some of these boots.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I made a thread like this back on GAF and it seemed like everyone recommend red wing iron Rangers. Ended up buying a pair and they are sexy as fuck. Only issue with them is they look really narrow on my feet. Try them on in store and buy off Amazon. I got mine for 220. 80 bucks off the regular store price. Also get a full size smaller then you regulary wear.
Red-Wing-Iron-Ranger-Boots-1.jpg

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
Thanks. I'm looking everything over.

Red wings seem good but they're not at all casual.

Well, those ones above look good.

I think I'll check out chelseas or just stick with palladiums.

Last edited: