Mar 9, 2018
I'm trying to find a new pair of really nice boots.

I was inspired by a friend, who bought some really nice and cool looking boots. I can't find anything really similar in men's so I need suggestions.

This is the a style I like.

https://goo.gl/images/bPmrr3
bPmrr3

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Frye makes some nice boots. Also look into Red Wings or Danner.

edit: I just clicked your image...not really sure where you should look.

vertigo

Aug 25, 2018
Brooklyn
yo i love those i want a pair tf
not a man but boots are 90% of my shoes
i like docs the best its not that style tho

Dec 22, 2017
Red Wings are nice but will set you back $300 bucks.

Ecco makes nice every day boots. What they lack in style they make up for in comfort.

I went to a mall last weekend, and there was a store called Buckle that seemed like I was way too old to be shopping at, but they had a surprisingly nice selection of boots. I got a pair for $100 bucks. Not sure how long they will last.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Find yourself a Century 21 and browse around, you'll find a lot of the type you're looking for. Definitely try them on as the fits can vary a lot, at least they do for me.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're looking more for tactical (combat) style boots then I guess?

Bates or 5.11 Tactical would be closest... but they soles are going to be thicker and the profile will be less attractive.

Spykupp

Aug 22, 2018
I have 3 pairs.

Wolverine 1000 mile boots
4-Wolverine-1000-Mile-Rugged-Boot-Brown-3.jpg

Red Wings Iron Ranger
5696835-1-red

Urban Outfitters Chelsea Boots
32251126_022_b

The Red Wings are my favorite. So comfortable and nice in the winter.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I support Red Wings. Great boots, but make sure you get your fit right because you don't break them in so much as they mould it around your foot and whatever that gets you is supposed to last you.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Red Wings and Wolverines look like clown shoes with the wide toe.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow managed to score these redwings in a size ten for FORTY dollars. They were in the sale aisle but not tagged and the cashier honored the price. Couldn't believe my luck.

x3QjZLa.jpg

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to check out Trask boots. I have a few of the styles and I gotta say they're the best kind of boots I've ever worn.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've had my eye on Thursday boot company (on Amazon) they're $200 and look a bit more my style compared to Red Wing but I haven't taken the dive yet. My GF bought me darn timberlands so I'm stuck with them for a while

Oct 25, 2017
Highly recommend New Rock boots. Mine have lasted over 10 years without a single issue, and they look great. This is one of their more subdued, casual pairs, but you can get some really cool ones if you like
c9KjQ4h.jpg

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I'd been wanting a pair of Red Wings for years, but I could not get the styles/colors I wanted in the wide size I needed. I ended up buying a pair of Canada West Boots (WM. Moorby Signature Series model 2820) from the factory in Winnipeg. They're gorgeous.

Canada_West_Moorby_2820_Black_Cherry_Boots__00028.1526114947.1280.1280.png

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I've been wearing Doc Martens for about 6 months now constantly and I love them. The break-in period was hell though!

Spykupp

Aug 22, 2018
And those $300 boots will last you a decade plus.

Good boots last.
Yes exactly. Also not sure if all Red Wings stores do this but the one I bought them from will replace the laces for free if they ever break. They also let you take your boots in before winter and they will spray them with a leather protector which helps protect against salt for free.

Oct 28, 2017
I will say though that I'd very much like a good pair of cowboy boots. Now those look good and can even be worn in formal settings. Way better than what I'd normally wear.

Wez

Sep 11, 2018
Few people look good in boots imo, always comes across as stuffy/trying too hard

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
i guess this is a post your boots thread now. meermin derby boots are my favourite piece of clothing i own

10148716170000HE-A_22.jpg

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't buy those trash boots you linked to. Yikes
Buy a nice pair of suede chukkas and call it a day.

hamboner

Oct 30, 2017
Highly recommend New Rock boots. Mine have lasted over 10 years without a single issue, and they look great. This is one of their more subdued, casual pairs, but you can get some really cool ones if you like
c9KjQ4h.jpg
If that's "more subdued, casual", I'd hate to see the rest of their offerings. Looks like something off the set of Battlefield Earth.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yes exactly. Also not sure if all Red Wings stores do this but the one I bought them from will replace the laces for free if they ever break. They also let you take your boots in before winter and they will spray them with a leather protector which helps protect against salt for free.
Mine does that too, but the red wings I went to is so far away that It's not really worth going over there.

Their laces are kind of flimsy anyway.