• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
What I meant by evolving btw is only when it looks more likely NSW would hit 6mil this year....

Team2021 vs Team2020 >>>>>> TeamNSW vs Team3DS
(if shipments were to surpass 3DS lifetime)

or simply this I dare say....
Team6 vs Team7 for hardware sales (NSW) by years end

Only other bets I got so far for this year is If you think MHR will become the best selling third party game of all time or not (5mil+ essentially) and bonus cuz no one is expecting it SM3DW become the best selling 3D Mario in japan though I'm waiting to see intill launch first lol

JavelinR

Mar 1, 2018
If Nintendo can update the Switch with an iterative successor this year, it could sell to current owners all over again... it would be like the Gameboy Color, really a generation leap in technology and hardware over the original gameboy, but still part of the same platform. Just think if they were able to push 3DS as part of the DS platform, instead of something separate, it could have added to the DS total and would have realistically climbed over 50M sales, though might have left the market in 2016, in time for the Switch.
I wouldn't expect anything rivaling a "generational leap" coming out this year. This holiday would mark about 4.5 years since the OG Switch came out. The Gameboy Color came out 9.5 years after the original Gameboy and during an era of more exponential technology growth. Technologically speaking such a jump isn't affordable yet

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even If Switch Pro does have DLSS, I really have questions on the kind of DLSS which will be applied. Anyways once things get revealed we will know anyways.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
The magic number for Monster Hunter bundle will over 100 but it's unknown if there will be additional reprints.

For Switch Red Nintendo will keep stocking it at least until the end of FY.

Only through lotteries from most retailers.
What kind of day one shipment can we expect for the Switch Red next week ?

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
What similar alternatives existed at that time with multiplayer at 30FPS?

From console shooters I guess Halo was the biggest. Of course after that many have tried and only BF has somewhat managed carve its own big market on consoles (and went to 60fps too later on). I just think that while the term itself doesn't sell games to the mainstream the gameplay it makes possible does. Why does Nintendo target 60fps with most of their games (especially multiplayer focused games) if it doesn't matter?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
From console shooters I guess Halo was the biggest. Of course after that many have tried and only BF has somewhat managed carve its own big market on consoles (and went to 60fps too later on). I just think that while the term itself doesn't sell games to the mainstream the gameplay it makes possible does. Why does Nintendo target 60fps with most of their games (especially multiplayer focused games) if it doesn't matter?
It does matter but it is not significant.

Did Mario Kart 64 sold way worse because it was 30fps instead of 60fps ? I don't think so.

Fortnite took off while it was still 30 fps on consoles.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Of course it is important but I don't think it was ever the deciding factor. Like, Driveclub, Kirby Star Allies or Ratchet and Clank did not sell any worse for being 30FPS in genres that are used to 60 FPS

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even If Switch Pro does have DLSS, I really have questions on the kind of DLSS which will be applied. Anyways once things get revealed we will know anyways.

Yeah, it's important to be mindful of the fact that all the examples of DLSS we have seen so far are on GPUs that are pretty much the same size as the whole Switch body.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

You really like feet, don't you? :P

Hiska-Kun is already making it, imo i think a year each from DS/3DS/NSW is enough for this comparation.

I think it would be more informative to compare your target (Switch 2021) with the previous record year of successful platforms (DS, 3DS, and of course the Switch) in one single place, but it's true Hiska-kun is already covering the latter comparison. Your choice, though.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
Wow at Switch and Disagaea. Seitch overtaking the 3DS launch aligned is quite the feat as well. Only the DS is left after that.

Glad PS5 has more stock, hopefully that continues to be the case.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
09./07. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics <TBL> (Nintendo) {2020.06.05} (¥3.980) - 10.411 / 623.205 (-9%)

I always believed Club house, Nintendogs, Miitopia and tododashi life would be best suited to mobile games, but at this point Nintendo is leaving money on the table by not having sequels of the above. Nintendogs could be huge in this day and age.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda find it hilarious how the new Idolmasters game isn't on Switch.

I want to understand the thought process behind this lol. Just weird on how badly the Namco support has been dropping. The were on board and now it seems like they don't care as much.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

I want to understand the thought process behind this lol. Just weird on how badly the Namco support has been dropping. The were on board and now it seems like they don't care as much.
These thread would be half as big if we could follow the standard thought process of most JP publishers. Just baffling.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017

To be blunt, I think it'd be for the best to just wait for more announcements from Namco overall. No, studios under Harada's direct control won't still support the system, but there's potential for other titles across different franchises (like Taiko since 2021 is the series' 20th anniversary).

EDIT: Also, don't underestimate Little Nightmares II, it may be an upcoming overperformer.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

It is a game with high end graphics aiming to the West.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
I think the Namco's situation was Harada searching for an excuse for not supporting the system. Since it never came, he now pretends that the system doesn't exist.

On topic, good Switch numbers overall, and it seems that the PS5 is improving, which is good.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
PS5 last four weeks

Do we feel that supply will continue to increase in Japan, or does a plateau of ~20-30k initiate for the next few months (until RE8)?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

xdghjys.jpg

lightning16

May 17, 2019

It makes no sense at all. It feels similar to how baffling Sakura Wars was, but even worse I think.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 last four weeks

Do we feel that supply will continue to increase in Japan, or does a plateau of ~20-30k initiate for the next few months (until RE8)?
I feel like it's hard to tell what the state of Sony's supply is, considering they are struggling to stock PS5 worldwide. If the stock exists, I could see it selling a weekly range of 15-30k depending on the software released. I don't really see a weekly average above 30k happening anytime soon.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
09./07. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics <TBL> (Nintendo) {2020.06.05} (¥3.980) - 10.411 / 623.205 (-9%)

I always believed Club house, Nintendogs, Miitopia and tododashi life would be best suited to mobile games, but at this point Nintendo is leaving money on the table by not having sequels of the above. Nintendogs could be huge in this day and age.

Tomodachi 🤣

In fact, I do feel Nintendogs wouldn't have the same appeal as those other games because it is heavily targeted towards kids (rather than the whole family) and doesn't really have a multiplayer component. I think Nintendogs would fit mobile well with parents leaving very young kids to play on their smartphones/tablets.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
It does matter but it is not significant.

Did Mario Kart 64 sold way worse because it was 30fps instead of 60fps ? I don't think so.

Fortnite took off while it was still 30 fps on consoles.
Of course it is important but I don't think it was ever the deciding factor. Like, Driveclub, Kirby Star Allies or Ratchet and Clank did not sell any worse for being 30FPS in genres that are used to 60 FPS

Of course 30fps games can sell well even in genres where 60fps is more common but I absolutely think that 60fps (and gameplay it provides) is big part of the success of some games. There is a reason why Nintendo that targets mainstream audience that cares even less about tech terms than mainstream audience on PS/Xbox targets 60fps with most of their games.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Tomodachi 🤣

In fact, I do feel Nintendogs wouldn't have the same appeal as those other games because it is heavily targeted towards kids (rather than the whole family) and doesn't really have a multiplayer component. I think Nintendogs would fit mobile well with parents leaving very young kids to play on their smartphones/tablets.

Having you dogs walk and play with someone else's dog would be huge! Just like the Animal crossing multiplayer.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Of course 30fps games can sell well even in genres where 60fps is more common but I absolutely think that 60fps (and gameplay it provides) is big part of the success of some games. There is a reason why Nintendo that targets mainstream audience that cares even less about tech terms than mainstream audience on PS/Xbox targets 60fps with most of their games.
I agree with this post. Nintendo games feeling good to play is a vital part of their long term success. There are exceptions like Zelda and the like, but their fantastic 60fps gamefeel keeps customer returning over a long period of time.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont see the same replication of DLSS which you see on PC on high end graphic card. As i said ill wait and watch.
the quality is the same regardless of the gpu. the differences lie in how long it takes. the weaker the gpu, the more milliseconds the upscaling takes. a Switch Pro's usage of DLSS will be limited to how much power it takes to run at acceptable frame rates

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020

I could see Nintendogs sell 3-4mil copies, similar to Nintendogs+Cats on the 3DS, but Tomodachi has 10mil+ potential.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendogs needs a gameplay breakthrough because if it's just the same as before I don't think it will do so much.

Tomodachi has a great potential. Just needs to improve its formula.

Nov 2, 2017
Posting again for this week thread.
Konami "confirmed" expansions for momotaro in the page 9 of the pdf.

In regard to our continued efforts, we continue to attract many users by conductingevents and promotions to meet user needs in various titles including PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL SPIRITS A (Ace) and Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL LINKS. We continue to expand Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME globally and attract more users for the new line up of Yu-Gi-Oh! RUSH DUEL. As for computer and video games, we continue to make efforts to acquire new users through effective sales promotions and expansions of game content, in particular with Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo teiban. In addition, we are working hard to develop EDENS ZERO for computer and video game as well as mobile game, which is based on a popular space fantasy comic.

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020
Posting again for this week thread.
Konami "confirmed" expansions for momotaro in the page 9 of the pdf.

In regard to our continued efforts, we continue to attract many users by conductingevents and promotions to meet user needs in various titles including PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL SPIRITS A (Ace) and Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL LINKS. We continue to expand Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME globally and attract more users for the new line up of Yu-Gi-Oh! RUSH DUEL. As for computer and video games, we continue to make efforts to acquire new users through effective sales promotions and expansions of game content, in particular with Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo teiban. In addition, we are working hard to develop EDENS ZERO for computer and video game as well as mobile game, which is based on a popular space fantasy comic.
So no release ww sadly.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Can we hope the PS5 numbers to at least stabilize?

If you're talking about having PS5's in stock, then possibly, though if they don't come out with a must have title that's exclusive to the PS5 that Japanese gamers would love (like the remake of Demon's Souls), then the numbers will start declining.

I imagine that people in Japan who are currently buying PS5's are currently playing PS4 games on it right now.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It will be intersting to see the PS5 games charting this week. We might get some LTD updates since it has been a while.

Oct 27, 2017
What I meant by evolving btw is only when it looks more likely NSW would hit 6mil this year....

Team2021 vs Team2020 >>>>>> TeamNSW vs Team3DS
(if shipments were to surpass 3DS lifetime)

or simply this I dare say....
Team6 vs Team7 for hardware sales (NSW) by years end

Only other bets I got so far for this year is If you think MHR will become the best selling third party game of all time or not (5mil+ essentially) and bonus cuz no one is expecting it SM3DW become the best selling 3D Mario in japan though I'm waiting to see intill launch first lol
Given how well 3D land did in japan (holding the previous record of best selling 3d mario) theoretically 3D world has the potential cuz clearly 3D land's format resonated with japanese audiences ,plus the multiplayer aspect would help it as well. The one thing holding it back is that it released in japan before(but given how amazing MK8 and Pikmin 3 did ,that might not be an issue)