• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wholeheartedly recommend it as a game and otherwise.

139754318_10158047333042725_8591124339140864403_o.jpg
Wow!

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
but I'm still wondering if those Sony rumors are true and they are licensing their IPs
From the creators of hits like "Silent Hill is getting announced very soon, I'm telling you!1!1!1!" and "Halo is coming to the Switch soon, I'm telling you!1!1!1!!" comes "Bluepoint is making three MGS remakes, I'm telling you!1!1!!"

Not holding my breath.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Honestly, how big was Silent Hill? Is it a Metroid syndrome style of game, people remember it to be a bigger franchise than it really was or what?

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Hyper Sports R would have done well. Lean into the nostalgia, produce a ridiculous pad for it. Call it Track N Field R. Sell it in the same way Fitness Boxing and Ring Fit are being sold.

Easy million seller WW.

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Didn't expect the Switch to stay above the 100k mark let alone increase a little. It has really healthy momentum from last year and the big software line up the year will have will make sure it keeps on going. Feels like the Switch really has the best amount of good marketing but also luck and everything has been going too well for it. Everything falls right in pieces even if it's not intended.

Deleted member 15360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, how big was Silent Hill? Is it a Metroid syndrome style of game, people remember it to be a bigger franchise than it really was or what?

Its not that big sales potential.

Its just how the rumours have been going and drama surrounding it lol.

I believe in Kath who started the rumours, will see this year if she turns out right

how to save playstation

GAMBLING FOR WAIFUS

PS4 is now the Genshin/Apex Machine

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Yes, it is. I think no game in the franchise sold over 2 million copies WW. SH2 underperformed, in fact (which is why SH3 was originally going to be more action-focused).
Its not that big sales potential.

Its just how the rumours have been going and drama surrounding it lol.

I believe in Kath who started the rumours, will see this year if she turns out right

Yeah, then I doubt Sony is paying Konami a license and putting a Tripe A budget behind it.

Gacha Santa Alter

"This guy are sick"
Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
I know D6 did better than 5, launch numbers on first page and all, but I was expecting better since it launched simultaneously on Switch.

Guess everyone fecked off to play the mobage or something.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
They did it, they actually did it, 100% madmen shipping enough Switches to have it surpass 3DS launch alligned before February.

Edit: Oh, I completely forgot, BOND bombed, that's really sad for a new IP

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Disgaea 6 didn't enter eShop January top 20 but that was a high bar for it. Looking at its pre-orders from previous week's top 20, digital sales must be somewhere between 5 and 10k.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to hear how Genshin does on the Switch. IMO, it's probably ripe for being a highlight if the Switch Pro has DLSS support as Nvidia now supports it.

Apex, don't see being too popular on Switch since it's probably 30fps

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Disgaea 6 did pretty well and with digital it might be higher then we think. I don't think it will reach the series heights but still a nice upward trend. Will look forward for the western performance too.

brutaka3

Oct 27, 2017
People expectations are always weird, Bond was never going to be a big seller and probably will end up around expectations (unless tonight sell-through is abysmal). Also, Disgaea 6 did pretty well considering how terrible 5 did. Now, all the other releases of the week, those probably bombed.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
With sales like these on Switch I feel like Vanillaware games would benefit greatly.

I wonder what's the holdup.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to hear how Genshin does on the Switch. IMO, it's probably ripe for being a highlight if the Switch Pro has DLSS support as Nvidia now supports it.

Apex, don't see being too popular on Switch since it's probably 30fps
Didnt bother Fortnite.

I really need to stress how the mainstream audience doesn't know or care a thing about framerate or resolution.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shame about Buddy Team Bond not charting. Curious how much better Famicom Detective Club is going to do. It could have some nostalgic fans, but its also an ancient game from several decades ago.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt bother Fortnite.

I really need to stress how the mainstream audience doesn't know or care a thing about framerate or resolution.
I just don't have high expectations for apex for some reason. I know it's popular, but I have no idea how it does on ps4

It's silly considering a lot of their games were on Vita a portable system. A transition to switch would be a good move for them since the platform supports lots of AA games.
it's probably a case of waiting for a greenlight (and some assistance) from the publisher

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020
I just don't have high expectations for apex for some reason. I know it's popular, but I have no idea how it does on ps4

it's probably a case of waiting for a greenlight (and some assistance) from the publisher
The physical version of Apex Legends is already among the best sellerson Amazon Japan at #69.
It'll do fine.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
The magic number for Monster Hunter bundle will over 100 but it's unknown if there will be additional reprints.

For Switch Red Nintendo will keep stocking it at least until the end of FY.

Only through lotteries from most retailers.

Tbone5189

Succ-essor
Mar 25, 2020
The magic number for Monster Hunter bundle will over 100 but it's unknown if there will be additional reprints.

For Switch Red Nintendo will keep stocking it at least until the end of FY.

Only through lotteries from most retailers.

over 100k??? And I figured red NSW would be only first week shipments, I know its limited but I think new OG colors should be a thing.

Deleted member 15360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Apex had the most players count for PS4 according to Gamestat, has around 4.5-5 mil players ~

No Concurrent Stats though

Free to play - Japan - 2020 PSN

1 Apex Legends
2 Call of Duty War Zone
3 Genshin
4. Fortnite
5 Hyperscape
6 Wilderness behavior
7 Spellbreak
8 Rocket league
9 eFootball Winning Eleven 2020 LITE
Ten Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2[/CODE]

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt bother Fortnite.

I think it really depends on the game. I absolutely think that one reason COD became so popular on consoles was their focus on 60fps when others focused on eye candy. Mainstream might not care about the 60fps itself as a marketing term but they do care about smooth and snappy gameplay in fast paced multiplayer shooters.