Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The fact that Ukraine cut the water to the peninsula tells me that Ukraine sees Crimea as part of Russia. It's virtually impossible to reconcile with people after you cut the water on them. It's a very clear signal that you want to kill them all.
I'm 100% positive Ukraine doesn't see Crimea as part of Russia. Turkey's statement confirms as much. Russia's inability to support Crimea only reinforces Ukraine's claims for that matter.

Last edited:

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Cutting off infrastructure to invaders and the land they take isn't unusual.
I think it used to be common in the past when the population also retreated with the army, here, the population has remained in Crimea. Also, water is not any infrastructure, people can live without electricity, bridges, roads, internet etc.. When you cut the water, people die en masse and very quickly.

What Ukraine is doing is basically razing a building to the ground because there has been a hostage situation in there. It shows that they didn't care about the hostages in the first place.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I think it used to be common in the past when the population also retreated with the army, here, the population has remained in Crimea. Also, water is not any infrastructure, people can live without electricity, bridges, roads, internet etc.. When you cut the water, people die en masse and very quickly.

What Ukraine is doing is basically razing a building to the ground because there has been a hostage situation in there. It shows that they didn't care about the hostages in the first place.

If they didnt care in the first place why did they even bother providing this to them?

Enkidu

Oct 27, 2017

To say that Ukraine is trying to kill the people of Crimea is insane. You seem to forget that people aren't trapped in Crimea, they can easily leave if Russia can't make the land livable. Sure, it's not great to have to leave your home, but Ukraine is obviously not going to provide infrastructure to a foreign invader.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that Ukraine cut the water to the peninsula tells me that Ukraine sees Crimea as part of Russia. It's virtually impossible to reconcile with people after you cut the water on them. It's a very clear signal that you want to kill them all.
So you expected them to keep supplying the part of their country that was annexed and help the occupation?

Good to know. Let me know where your house is, so I can put you on the street and go live in it myself. You'll still pay the bills, right? If not, you never cared about the house anyway and since you never cared for it, no reason to complain that you lost it.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017

Are you serious?

Russia invades and Ukraine has a duty to continue supporting the invaded area?

I'm sorry but I honestly have to question your motives in stating something like that.

Eric_S

Nov 29, 2017
Every time Putins approval ratings tank, there seems to be some kind of saber rattling or fuckery.

Putin: So my approval is in the sewers due to me murdering a journalist and building a palace that'd make Caligula blush? Lets invade someone and/or stir the gepolitical shit pot!

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017

Every other country would do the same or something worse, including Russia.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): concern trolling
Like I said, you don't fuck with people's water, food, air and medicine supply. You simply shouldn't involve those things in your geopolitical games because it only causes suffering and death for people in huge scale. The main victim of what Ukraine (cutting the water) and Russia are doing are Crimean people. What Ukraine is doing is pushing people to migrate. To me, Ukraine is making it clear that they don't want the people, they want the land.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Like I said, you don't fuck with people's water, food, air and medicine supply. You simply shouldn't involve those things in your geopolitical games because it only causes suffering and death for people in huge scale. The main victim of what Ukraine (cutting the water) and Russia are doing are Crimean people. What Ukraine is doing is pushing people to migrate. To me, Ukraine is making it clear that they don't want the people, they want the land.
It's a siege. The point is to pressure Russia into giving up so that supply will be restored.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017

And to me its quite clear you're at best a Russian apologist whose quite happy with a country invading and occupying a region but then blames the victim when they don't support said occupation.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And to me its quite clear you're at best a Russian apologist whose quite happy with a country invading and occupying a region but then blames the victim when they don't support said occupation.
Ah, personal attacks. I could defend myself against your accusations but I don't think I should go defensive against bad faith arguments. It would just drag the discussion down.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
It would probably cost a lot to truck in water and water treatment equipment while various permanent solutions were being built.

But if you're spending the money to invade, it really is literally the least you should do.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, personal attacks. I could defend myself against your accusations but I don't think I should go defensive against bad faith arguments. It would just drag the discussion down.

You're literally parroting the lines of Russia and saying that Ukraine wants to kill the people of Crimea because it doesn't care about them.

Calling you out on that is too much, but apparently saying that Ukraine wants to murder several hundred thousand people is just fine apparently. Strange balance of perspectives you have there.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You're literally parroting the lines of Russia and saying that Ukraine wants to kill the people of Crimea because it doesn't care about them.

Calling you out on that is too much, but apparently saying that Ukraine wants to murder several hundred thousand people is just fine apparently. Strange balance of perspectives you have there.
Tbh I have no idea what Russia has been saying let alone parrot them. You didn't call me out on the merit of what I said. You just threw insults at me. If you are willing to tell me why cutting water (which is needed for staying alive) is OK, I am happy to be proven wrong.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Like I said I don't think what Russia is doing is OK. I am saying what Ukraine is doing is not.
Which is also why Russia withdrew from the Geneva Convention when people pointed out they were violating it in Crimea.
The fact that Russia is commuting crimes doesn't make it okay for Ukraine to cut the water.

Also, I'm not discussing the legality of the situation. I am saying that cutting off people's water is just cruel.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I have no idea what Russia has been saying let alone parrot them. You didn't call me out on the merit of what I said. You just threw insults at me. If you are willing to tell me why cutting water (which is needed for staying alive) is OK, I am happy to be proven wrong.

You post incredibly offensive lines, that mirror what Russia state TV says, in tacit support of a hostile foreign power. And then start bleating about "tone" when called out about it.

It's the same tactic used by right wingers and other terrible people all over the web. Post a horrendous opinion and then when you're called out on it, moan about personal attacks.

Why don't you try not being an apologist for a regime that has murdered thousands of people, brutally occupied a peaceful neighbouring country, and then blaming said country for not supporting Russia in its ongoing occupation?

Because me being pissy with you on forum doesn't come *close* to what you are saying or defending. You are literally saying that Ukraine wants to murder the its own citizens in its own country.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You post incredibly offensive lines, that mirror what Russia state TV says, in tacit support of a hostile foreign power. And then start bleating about "tone" when called out about it.

It's the same tactic used by right wingers and other terrible people all over the web. Post a horrendous opinion and then when you're called out on it, moan about personal attacks.

Why don't you try not being an apologist for a regime that has murdered thousands of people, brutally occupied a peaceful neighbouring country, and then blaming said country for not supporting Russia in its ongoing occupation?

Because me being pissy with you on forum doesn't come *close* to what you are saying or defending. You are literally saying that Ukraine wants to murder the its own citizens in its own country.
I don't care about the tone. I was pointing out that what you said didn't include any argument.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
If Russian can't support the territories it illegally annexes then it has no business invading sovereign nations.

Also this feels like where we're headed to in the futures: countries fighting over natural resources with a pandemic raging in the background. Dystopian bullshit for real.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Russian can't support the territories it illegally annexes then it has no business invading sovereign nations.

Also this feels like where we're headed to in the futures: countries fighting over natural resources with a pandemic raging in the background. Dystopian bullshit for real.
Russia committing crimes doesn't make it okay for Ukraine to cut off the water.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Like I said I am not discussing legality. I used Geneva convention to show that sieging is cruel.
Good thing they aren't sieging, then.
Russia committing crimes doesn't make it okay for Ukraine to cut off the water.
Ukraine cutting off water has no tangible effect on anyone other Russia, who are more than capable of supporting Crimea. If Crimeans are not supported, Russia elected not to. So you're shifting the blame to a victim of aggression.

zon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys, don't feed the troll. He's, at best, only doing it for attention. His regurgitated propaganda has no merit and is not worth engaging with.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And I'm saying that it isn't sieging at all considering there is someone else that can bring in the necessary resources.

Well, it doesn't matter what Russia has done or is capable of doing. Ukraine has a very clear choice, Should we do something that hurts Russia and also Crimeans (but mostly Crimeans)? Hurting Russia outweighs caring about Crimeans for them.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017

What does this even mean? Crimea gets annexed. It's not Ukraines anymore. They cut off the water supply because they don't want to support the occupation. Russia annexed the land, they have to supply it with basic utilities. How is this Ukraine's fault? The annexation was seven years ago. Russia managed to build a GIANT bridge to connect Crimea to Russia. The canal has been closed all this time. How is it on Crimea that Russia didn't bother to supply fresh water?

And what are you proposing exactly? Russia invades your land. And you should just make it even easier for them to hold on to it? The water supply is about the one major pressure point they can use against Russia.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
part of me wishes America would just drone Putin's ass already. fuck it, see what happens. i can't see anyone worse rising to his position.

i'm 99% pacifist, but i make an exception for mass murdering ultra-nationalist psychopath dictators who threaten to cause a war in Europe not seen since the big ones. Putin's regime simply needs to fucking end yesterday.

ohh right, they have nukes, no one can do anything serious.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I don't think it helps the citizens of Crimea either way, when they are dying because they have nothing to drink. FUCK Russia, but that
doesn't make Ukrain immune to criticism.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Lol it's like he's saying when Nazi Germany invaded Russia, Stalin shoulda made sure resources were freely available and easily accessible.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
If Russian people are dying of thirst then maybe Russia should appeal for international aid? Or give them water?

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it helps the citizens of Crimea either way, when they are dying because they have nothing to drink. FUCK Russia, but that
doesn't make Ukrain immune to criticism.

In this specific case, it literally does?

Are y'all stupid or is this some kinda Russian bot thing?

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): concern trolling
Russia is a water rich country.

Jap, thats why Russia and Putin suck ass, Ukrain still is punting geopolitics over peoples lives, which at least should be able to be questioned.
I totally see how it makes sense to cut of the water, to put pressure on Russia, but that still doesn't help those Ukrainian civilians living there.

The ROK still provides humanitarian aid, which directly helps the country they are at war with, stay in power. They could let even more North Koreans hunger to put pressure on the regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.