• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which class will you choose?

• Soldier

Votes: 380 22.2%
  • Adept

Votes: 296 17.3%
  • Engineer

Votes: 126 7.4%
  • Vanguard

Votes: 724 42.2%
  • Sentinel

Votes: 172 10.0%
  • Infiltrator

Votes: 274 16.0%

• Total voters

Baobab

Feb 4, 2021
Does anyone know if there is support for mouse and keyboard controls on Xbox Series x?
I finished the games on PC when they came out and i do not have a good enough computer for the legendary edition.....but i suck with shooter games on consoles.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Getting ready to roll my Renegade Adept FemShep all through the trilogy. Bow before your biotic queen, peasants!

Just something that I thought here when reading the OP:

Do you guys intend to punch that female journalist in your new playtrought?

I did it in 2007/2012, but since everything went to shit on the last decade, I don't think I'll have the will to punch a journalist nowadays.

Absolutely not. Violence against journalists has a very different context today. And I thought it was soooooo funny back in the day :/

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
My first and only playthrough was as soldier, combat focused. Now I'll do something different, not sure what though.

Lots of votes for Vanguard I see. Is that a Bio build?

Nov 21, 2017
What a beautiful OT!

Mass Effect is still my favorite video-game franchise, and this remaster is a... goodbye to any ripples of a social life that I have left. Covid got the most of it, Mass Effect will clean up the rest. It's stay-at-home time for reals!

Anyway, looking forward to this journey again. And again. And again.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
My first and only playthrough was as soldier, combat focused. Now I'll do something different, not sure what though.

Lots of votes for Vanguard I see. Is that a Bio build?

Vanguard is so dope in 2/3. Charge in with a strong biotic charge, melee and/or shotgun blast to the face, rinse and repeat.

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
Super pumped up and ready to relive the one of most fucking awesome sci-fi saga. As long as my memory serves, this is the first time I'll will play 3 games second time.

Side note: Absolutely hate this new trend of shitting OT threads with poll at the top. When I'm browsing on mobile without login, top of the page is garbage poll (in addition to other shit). So much useless scrolling on each page.

Nov 2, 2017
I would've been happy if they just re-released the PC version with official controller support.

That we got all of this is awesome.

Can't wait for this Friday!

Now they need to work on KotOR. ;)

Oct 28, 2017
Every time I see the comparison between the original and remake the original seems like it has much more of a sci-fi atmosphere, the lighting re-work has taken something away.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love the OP!

Almost 100GB on my PS5 though? I might need to make more room lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I plan on streaming the whole trilogy, doing nearly every single thing I can do.

The possibilities are endless.

I can do so many things this time around.

So I've decided-

I'm going to make all of the exact same choices I made the first time and also play Solider... like the first time.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Baobab

Feb 4, 2021
Can't wait to dive back in ! Really hard not to go with Vanguard again but I wonder if that playstyle is too risky for insanity. Hmm what do you think ?
The vanguard on insanity is really doable in ME1( because biotics are overpowered- just make those enemies fly with lift) and on ME3 th same holds truth (the nova power is a big help for crowd control and you can do quit a lot of animation canceling between biotic charge and nova that gives you i frames).
it is a little harder on ME2 and you really do need to know the composition of the enemy vawes and what enimies to take out first...that is until you do the kasumi loyalty mission and manage to get the flash bang grenade as a power( which gives excellent crowd control after the biotic charge).

This guide helped me a lot at the time:

Vanguard and the engineer are probably my favourie classes for ME single player!
Another tip for and for of ME2 insanity is to just use the mattock as your weapon, it is a beast!

It is a pity that there is no ME3 multiplayer beacuse playing as a volus vanguard was hilarious.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
Super excited to see the trilogy in HDR.. Mass Effect 2 in 4k/60/HDR on an OLED is going to be so beautiful. Can't wait to soak in all the atmosphere in Omega..

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to become Garrus and go full infiltrator sniper man on insanity through the whole thing

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Arrival, Leviathan, or Omega DLC so I have some brand new Mass Effect experiences ahead of me. I have a lot to be excited about this release.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I really liked the way it was handled with ME Andromeda. But I don't know if that's more of a Frostbite perk than Bioware putting an honest effort. But yeah, let's hope they nail this one.

Its probably frostbite stuff since every frostbite game had good HDR

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This Friday (and the weekend for that matter) is going to be painful. So much shit happening on the 14th. RIP sleep I guess.

Jan 11, 2019
Great OT but that writeup for ME1 is indeed a HUUUGE spoiler. As far as I remember, you don't get that reveal until you have "that talk" on Virmire.

I urge you to remove/rewrite it to make this OT flawless indeed.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I'm hyped. My save for ME3 got corrupted towards the end of the game and I never did wrap up the series, so I'm excited to finally call this done.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to watch some streams for people who haven't played this before.

Great OT but that writeup for ME1 is indeed a HUUUGE spoiler. As far as I remember, you don't get that reveal until you have "that talk" on Virmire.

Well we are in the spoiler OT.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I've always played Vanguard and whenever I'll play the remaster I'll go for Vanguard again. Every time I hesitate but in the end it's the class that seems the most fun by far.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So am I crazy, or does GameStop, Amazon, Walmart and anywhere else not have digital copies of it for PS4/5 available?

I can only seem to find the digital one on PSN :/

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

I assume you're talking about the spoiler-free one? But yes, you're right: you don't find out about the cycle until the Sovereign talk.

OP should consider editing it for the other OT, but not this one since it's open spoilers.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
time to fall in love mass effect again then go through another heart ripping as it all falls apart in the last hour.

DemonFox

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure what platform I'm going to buy it on. Xbox series x or PC. 120 fps are more than enough. Would you say the mods are worth getting it on pc?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
It is gonna be weeeeeeeird to go from the remastered ME1 to the 'touched up' ME 2/3, going off of how good those screens look for ME1.

Kinda wish we'd gotten all 3 with the same level of remaster treatment, alas.

Torn between Soldier and adept (I have baaad memories from ME1 vanguard only being able to use shotgun/pistol, lol - I know we can have all weapons now in ME1, but not having the accuracy level ups would be annoying for AR's and the gigantic sniper sway) for the first playthrough.

But yes, Vanguard all the way in 2 and especially in 3.

3 almost feels like cheating in 3 with charge-nova-charge spam - it's almost impossible to die, unless you run into a banshee grab or somehow be 'unable' to get a lock on another enemy you can clearly see.

I like the concept of Infiltrator, but I would always feel like I'm running low on sniper ammo in 2/3.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
I've played through the trilogy atleast three times, and always choose default male shep, high paragon, and adept. Will this time be different? Probably not lol.
I've always chosen the default male shep because he just is Shepard in my eyes. I just don't think I can create a custom character and still hear his voice coming out of someone else's mouth. Maybe atleast this time I'll choose a different class. Seems like vanguard is a good mix of both abilities and gunplay.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
How can you not play as standard male Shep.

iu

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Is Mass Effect insanity Gears of War level hair pulling madness or god forbid worse?

First time replaying since they came out so figured I'd go for it

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This is one of the games I am most excited for!
I played and beat ME1 no DLC and only played the start of 2 so I have a lot I have not played.

Im not sure if my 1080ti/Ryzen 7 3700x NVME setup is good enough to run this at 4k60 tho lol

I may just get it on XSX but the decision is tough!

Regardless - Excite!!

Also, amazing OP :)