• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which class will you choose?

• Soldier

Votes: 380 22.2%
  • Adept

Votes: 296 17.3%
  • Engineer

Votes: 126 7.4%
  • Vanguard

Votes: 724 42.2%
  • Sentinel

Votes: 172 10.0%
  • Infiltrator

Votes: 274 16.0%

• Total voters

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
cBAJI07.jpg

8hbcuOU.jpg

Jump to discussion | Digital stores: PSN / Xbox / Steam / Origin
oC6gQxN.jpg

pJ6H0iw.jpg

SfZSxZd.jpg

Og1omj0.jpg

Ptv4jrg.jpg

zKpAsYR.jpg

1wejjR4.jpg

wFoZVxJ.jpg

ecOiIE9.jpg

tkkCIWc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
EXYY3St.jpg

jNXrnZp.jpg

SrQpVwP.jpg

xTOwRf4.jpg

When does my digital copy unlock?
  • PlayStation Store: Midnight, May 14th (local time of the store region)
  • Xbox Store: Midnight, May 14th (local time of the store region)
  • Origin/Steam: 5PM CEST, May 14th ( May 14, 2021 at 11:00 AM )

Can we finally holster in ME3?
Nope.

What are the system requirements for the PC version?

Minimum requirements:
  • Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-8350
  • RAM: 8 GB System Memory
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760/ AMD Radeon 7970 / R9280X
  • GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
  • Hard drive: At least 120 GB of free space
  • DirectX version: DirectX 11
Recommended:
  • Operating System: 64-bit Windows 10.
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen 7 3700X .
  • RAM: 16 GB System Memory.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070/AMD Radeon Vega 56.
  • GPU RAM: 4 GB Video Memory.
  • Hard drive: At least 120 GB of free space
  • DirectX version: DirectX 11.
Does the PC version support mods?
BioWare has confirmed to be talking to members of the modding community to ensure a smooth transition, and more details on this are supposed to be revealed near launch.

Can my two RTX 3090 on SLI run this at 4K and 60fps?
Yes, but you might want to set shadows to medium. /s

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably get this for PC. It's been a while.

Also I'm definitely playing Vanguard and spamming Charge + Nova.

Last edited:

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Paragon, Vanguard, FemShep. I've played through ME1 10 times over the years and this is the build I've loved the most.

The last time I played through the trilogy was back when it came to back-combat on Xbox and it was...buggy (ME1). I have been waiting for a remaster of the trilogy, and I always wanted a 3 games, all DLC, 4k/60/HDR and I cannot believe the day is almost here.

This is such a special series, and I don't mean to sound cynical, but I don't think we'll ever get something like this trilogy ever again. Not even from the new one(s) currently in development. I don't mean they won't be good--if they are--I just mean they'll be good in a different way.

Part of the reason, also, is because of when these games came out. There was nothing like it. Bringing your saves into the sequels in a meaningful way, and it actually working, was (and still is!) incredible!!

Man, I cannot wait. It's like going back home to visit some old friends and family. :)

Last edited:

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Man I've been waiting for this trilogy since the last-gen consoles launched. Can't believe they're here this week!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic OP!

Can't wait to dive in and make all the same story decisions all over again :D

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 3 day weekend coming just in time for this.

I can't wait to do my pure Renegade run and play as the greatest intergalactic gaslighter in history.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Great OT. On PC does it just make sense to buy straight from EA or does buying on steam launch straight from steam?

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
I think I'll go Sentinel. I've done soldier/adept/vanguard runs before, so this will be a bit different. They're kinda decent at everything so I can choose whatever squad I want.

Omniblack

Jul 10, 2020
I want to enjoy this OT, but it's my first time running through the games. I wonder if we can reconsider open spoilers

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I can't fucking wait to experience that opening sequence on ME1!!!! The opening paragraph, the synth welling up, title screen and a shot of earth.... fuccccckkkk

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice OP i really can't wait for this!

Unfortunately i will only be able to play it from next week but at least any issued will be known by then

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

There's going to be a cast and crew reunion on YouTube on the 15th, should be lots of fun.

Oct 30, 2017
Seeing how much work has been put into the games including consistency across all titles plus 4k/60 on Series X may have convinced me to buy this (again). Great write-up, OP!

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oh god what an awesome OT! I really can't articulate how hyped I am for this, the saga was one of my favorite things ever and having an excuse to replay all of them, and better than ever, is just what I needed, Femshep we meet again my dear old friend!

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
Soo...

What are the odds they put a new ending in mass effect 3? It could serve as a tie in to the new game, and deal with the big criticism of the original me3

I am 60% sure they did that

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Most excited that the character creator has been unified across games. Can't wait to mess around in it (even though I'm just going to recreate my original FemShep anyway).

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I pre loaded on xbox but it only says 21.3 GB? Is there an update later coming to bring that to 84GB or whatever.

May 25, 2019
London
I have no idea what class I want to play this time. I played all of them in ME1 and ME2, but started with Soldier before finding out how broken biotics were in ME1. ME2 was better balanced to the point where I felt like Sentinel was like a swiss army knife

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to play Mass Effect, never beat it. I hope this will change that.

Also, really excited to play the ME3 DLC, didn't play any of it other than the one where you get Javik which should have been free. Citadel sounds like it almost redeems some of the bad aspects of ME3.

ME2 is a known quantity, I loved it but I don't see any major improvements it needed.

OP
OP
Phellps

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
great OT! I forgot completely you have to pick a class, I'll have to think about this one.

re: Best Buy, I have the PS4 edition pre ordered and it says "Pre-ordered. We'll let you know when your pre-order ships." The last few games haven't usually shipped until thursday before release for me, and I've gotten it on release day (friday), so we'll see. I do know there was a massive kerfuffle with a recent game and Best Buy, where it didn't ship till well after launch. Hope thats not the case here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Any reviews/analysis of how the remasters perform before I commit to a purchase?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
was kaiden's story interesting or do you keep the space racist around?

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Super stoked for this! Really the only time I've been truly excited for a remaster/remake. This is my favorite series in 35+ years of gaming and ME2 is probably my favorite game of all time.

Think I'll go vanguard. I went solider in ME1 back in the day, not entirely sure if I stayed soldier or went vanguard in 2 and 3 (remember having some biotics and comboing more in those games.

Otherwise, just will recreate my main playthrough as paragon default male Shepherd as that's my fondest memory with the games and canon in my head.

Last edited: