Votes: 172 10.0%
  • Infiltrator

Votes: 274 16.0%

• Total voters

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When you are farming materials in ME2, you sure go through those 30 probes really fast

Punxsutawney

Apr 18, 2018
I love that even after playing through ME1 six or so times for 100% achievements back in the day, I'm still discovering new things.

I never clocked that there were separate quests based on the Citadel based on your backstory - I just did the Sole Survivor quest for the first time.

Also, omg, the Prothean Orb on Elatania. Never found that before! I really love the little text-based story details in this game.

I found a bug. The side mission where you have to find the data disk hidden on a monkey, once you find the monkey with the datadisk, you can examine it over and over again and get +6 paragon points every time.

Edit: Apparently this is nothing new! https://masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/UNC:_Lost_Module

Last edited:

TheElderKing

Jul 31, 2020
I love that even after playing through ME1 six or so times for 100% achievements back in the day, I'm still discovering new things.

I never clocked that there were separate quests based on the Citadel based on your backstory - I just did the Sole Survivor quest for the first time.

Also, omg, the Prothean Orb on Elatania. Never found that before! I really love the little text-based story details in this game.

I found a bug. The side mission where you have to find the data disk hidden on a monkey, once you find the monkey with the datadisk, you can examine it over and over again and get +6 paragon points every time.
It's more of a glitch. ME had others like that, that increase your P/R score (Lorik's quest in Nigeria), or EXP (Therum). They simply kept all of those from the OT.

Sep 21, 2019
They just don't make games like these anymore.

I played ME1 all day today, and it's artwork is just timeless. What a great game. The combat upgrades are fantastic as well. I only played it once in 2009, so it is really awesome getting replay to this at 4k and 120 fps on PC.

The HDR is also awesome.

Really makes me appreciate these games more. I wasn't expecting to be pulled back into this world again.

Oh, and the soundtrack is fucking incredible.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure people will get sick of me talking about the gun changes, but they really are wild. I'm playing on insanity and rolling through the game easily with a party of Adept Shepard, Liara, and Tali. None of us have a single point spent into a gun skill. I even cleared the moon mission easily, and that's the one where its all drones that are immune to physics effects from Liara and Shep's biotics. The rest of the game where Liara and Shepard can actually do stuff with their biotics has been a cakewalk.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Hearing the HDR is really pleasing, and I think cements my choice to play the PC build at 4K 60fps on my OLED (as opposed to 144fps @ 1440p, no HDR). The smoothness is preferable but I've played all three of these games to death, so I might as well milk the Legendary Edition for the best visuals I can.

Now I just need to work out if or how I'm gonna use a mouse and keyboard on my OLED, or if I try with a pad. AFAIK the three games are pretty comfortable with a pad, but I vastly prefer shooting with M+K. Hmmmmmm. Might need to reorganise my setup a bit.

Sep 21, 2019
Hearing the HDR is really pleasing, and I think cements my choice to play the PC build at 4K 60fps on my OLED (as opposed to 144fps @ 1440p, no HDR). The smoothness is preferable but I've played all three of these games to death, so I might as well milk the Legendary Edition for the best visuals I can.

Now I just need to work out if or how I'm gonna use a mouse and keyboard on my OLED, or if I try with a pad. AFAIK the three games are pretty comfortable with a pad, but I vastly prefer shooting with M+K. Hmmmmmm. Might need to reorganise my setup a bit.

OLED plus 4k HDR is the right choice over fps and lower res.

You won't regret it. Game looks incredibly good.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Just met the Illusive Man and yeah, this is way much better.

It looks fantastic but people were right in that contrast is weird during dark scenes. It won't bother me tho.

(music is so much better lol)

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
%100 Completed the first game. What a incredible enterence for the trilogy.

Now It's time to start best game I've ever played.

2021051704014291jaj.png

What level were you at when you finished?

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Playing ME1 on Series X -- game is awesome, but is there any way to reduce/eliminate the camera bob when you sprint? I'm not usually sensitive to stuff like this, but it kinda makes me nauseous.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I take it back, I don't know how people get to max level in one playthrough without exploits/bugs.

Level 27-28 is 50kxp, level 28-29 is 90k.

Meanwhile individual enemies are giving between 200-1000 (2000 for geth colossi).

Fairly certain I can hit 29 between Ilos and the finale, but no way in hell will I hit 30.

Is this game not crashing for anyone? I can't even get it to launch on my XSX.

Just in case, have you unplugged/de-sync'd your headset mic?

Apparently that hard crashes the game.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, how was Vigil not edited as a seizure hazard? I've never had one but I still don't feel comfortable looking at that thing.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
The Specter X gear is tied to the rich achievement, which apparently was stealth removed.

Colossus gear is always a crapshoot - best chance is planet jumping between Noveria/Feros/Citadel (with the appropriate license, forget exactly which), and hoping the Normandy requisition officer has it in his stock.

IIRC once you planet hop, if you're desperate you can just save right in front of him before talking to him, and his stock will randomly roll.

edit:

Apparently reddit is saying Spectre x is now available, but only after Virmire? And you may have to load/create a new save that 'opens' up the spectre gear on any profile, then reload your OG leveled save?

Mmmm... i wonder if there are patches coming.

TheElderKing

Jul 31, 2020
Okay, I take it back, I don't know how people get to max level in one playthrough without exploits/bugs.

Meanwhile individual enemies are giving between 200-1000 (2000 for geth colossi).

Fairly certain I can hit 29 between Ilos and the finale, but no way in hell will I hit 30.

I'm glad I used the exp glitch on Therum for a few levels…hopefully it'll be enough.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me or did the option to set subtitle size only appear when beginning a game? I was playing around with the HDR settings (contrast = how much black crush you want?) and pressed to reset to default which reset all menu options to default. Can't find the option anywhere now.

Edit:Looks you have to back out to the launcher to set this.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020

Yup, there it is. My headphones desynced. Thanks!

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Made it to Spectre status and explored all of Artemis Tau, sans Therum. Starting up on recruiting Liara next time.
So far, been a delight to jump back into, even though my last playthrough was ~1 year ago. The inability to remap buttons makes me a little sad I can't add a map to a stick-click or something.

The best part of the Remaster has been the photo mode for me. It's been a ton of fun to play with moving the camera to places it never could go before and capture moments and scenes that feel representative of how playing ME for the first time was for me. As corny as that sounds.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I caved and bought the game today, I did Eden Prime and am going Renegade for the first time... it feels super wrong for me, but I do wanna shake things up.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
How long did that take you?
What level were you at when you finished?
Realistically you can do this in one playthrough of about 15-20 hours if you skip dialogue. Worst thing is completing the majority of the game, which equates to doing the assignments on uncharted worlds. Trophy should pop after Ilos if not at the end of whatever planet you do before that depending on how many side quests you did. Removing insanity from platinum basically killed any actual difficulty for the trophies. You can get all 3 platinums playing on normal with separate characters. The Legendary Edition trophies are just there.

brobban

Oct 28, 2017
Why oh why is skip dialogue and confirm response mapped to the same button (XSX here)!! Don't know how many times I've selected an option without even knowing what it said.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
I am about to wrap up ME1 on insanity but I'm only Lv. 28, despite finishing everything except for 2 of the collectible quests. How do people get to Lv. 30 in one playthrough, I'm missing thoudands of XP points?!

Jan 4, 2018
Any side missions worth doing in ME1 for continuity aside from the Cerberus base, Luna VI, Nassana Dantius, and Geth incursions? I've done pretty much everything available just on the Citadel as well.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hit 4 crashes in the final boss which was some really unfortunate timing. It seemed like using biotics was making the audio crack and crash when a cutscene triggered, got through it just with guns which as an adept was...uh. Something.

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
Mass Effect 2 has already corrupted 2 saves, losing me close to an hour of progress both times. Also, most of the time when loading into a save, I can only see the skybox and hear ambient noise. No buttons work, and it's impossible to bring up the menu forcing me to end the process with task manager and restart the game. Not impressed with this port's polish so far. Quitting for tonight because I'm so damn sick of replaying stuff that I have already completed.

Edit; Figured it was worth mentioning that I'm literally on the very first recruitment mission; all of these issues have happened within the first ~3 hours of the game. If my play session tomorrow continues to be this negative I doubt I will keep playing these games until they get patched further to hopefully fix these issues. I'm on PC.

Last edited:

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
you gotta be kidding me with this shit omg

the save is basically unsalvagable lmao. can't get out, just... stuck in limbo. I only lost like 25 min of progress but still though

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody here who have played ME1 (on PC) and did the Garrus' mission where you have to meet Dr. Saleon, and for some reason got permanent massive framerates dropped after dealing with him? The game dropped to 20fps after completion message box appeared. The menu like 'Equipment' still in 60fps, but game is in 20fps.

And it's persistence for the rest of the game, even when I returned to Normandy.

...unless when I travel to other location on map, like to Citadel, then framerate is restored back to normal.

Just want to know whether it's me only or this weird bug universally happened to everyone on PC, or maybe even on consoles.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal with subtitles position? I've never seen a piece of media have their subtitles up top before. They cover people's faces during conversations in cutscenes.

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
Anybody here who have played ME1 (on PC) and did the Garrus' mission where you have to meet Dr. Saleon, and for some reason got permanent massive framerates dropped after dealing with him? The game dropped to 20fps after completion message box appeared. The menu like 'Equipment' still in 60fps, but game is in 20fps.

And it's persistence for the rest of the game, even when I returned to Normandy.

...unless when I travel to other location on map, like to Citadel, then framerate is restored back to normal.

Just want to know whether it's me only or this weird bug universally happened to everyone on PC, or maybe even on consoles.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. No idea what's up with it but you're not alone. I think for me it at least went away after I was back aboard the Normandy. Can't exactly remember though.

The thing I'm wondering is if anybody else feels like the new leveling system in 1 is a little broken. As somebody who farms equipment and max's out their favorite skills, I'm finding that I've now got a pistol that can pretty much one shot anything and it takes a lot to take me out. I'm only playing on Normal difficulty which is what I've always played through the trilogy on, but like this is way too easy. I'm one shotting almost all the Geth on Ilos with ease. Like the bigger Geth enemies present a bit more of a problem but anything else it's like shoot them in the head and if that doesn't work give em a biotic push and they're down. Anybody else feel they're getting too op too quickly? I remember Ilos always feeling a bit more challenging and the final bit in the Citadel definitely presenting a meaty challenge so I'm a little upset everything is a little easier. Though not so much that I want to crank the difficulty up.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am playing on Veteran, but already thinking of bumping it up to Hardcore, because my Infiltrator Shep is demolishing enemy forces. I think I am around Level 8/9.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
So glad i decided to pick this up. I don't normally go back to older games with one or two exceptions, even old favourites, but ME1 has got its hooks well and truly in me again.

I spent a few hours last night mopping up all the sidequests I had, none of which were especially good but I still really enjoyed it 🤷‍♂️ this universe is fun just by being in it.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
The thing I'm wondering is if anybody else feels like the new leveling system in 1 is a little broken. As somebody who farms equipment and max's out their favorite skills, I'm finding that I've now got a pistol that can pretty much one shot anything and it takes a lot to take me out. I'm only playing on Normal difficulty which is what I've always played through the trilogy on, but like this is way too easy. I'm one shotting almost all the Geth on Ilos with ease. Like the bigger Geth enemies present a bit more of a problem but anything else it's like shoot them in the head and if that doesn't work give em a biotic push and they're down. Anybody else feel they're getting too op too quickly?
I expect most people are feeling like that. After the first few hours it feels like it plays the way other games play on New Game Plus (probably because that's effectively how the new level scaling makes it act).

When I was trying to use medkits I spent a bit of time letting enemies just attack me and it was a little bit ridiculous how long it took them just to take down the shields, even standing directly in front of them.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The space sequence at the start of ME2 looks RIDICULOUSLY good, holy shit. That HDR is poppin.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The space sequence at the start of ME2 looks RIDICULOUSLY good, holy shit. That HDR is poppin.
I just played a little bit of that opening just now and yeah, it looks amazing.

I picked a Sentinel for my class this time. Played a Vanguard back in the original release, and an Adept in ME1 LE, but I think I want something a bit more versatile.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
They better not have lost the licence for the end credits theme of 1. I will be very upset. That whole ending was perfect, and the song makes it.