Status
Not open for further replies.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I have an unused ea play membership and am contemplating waiting 6 months for this to land on the service and then activate it. Hmmmm

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
the only thing i have an issue with are the new character models in ME1

always preferred those models to ME3's

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
Looks superb, really just want to see a Digital Foundry video showing the PS5 plays at a rock solid 4K60 or if I will have to play on PC. Want to play on console due to the LG CX.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. I'm totally fine with that. I do think OG ME Liara looks a lot younger.

Yeah, I think with Liara and Ashley in ME1 they largely just cleaned up their ME1 models though Liara's body model for her casual outfit is based on ME3's female medical personnel. That said, it's currently unknown how many ME3 models they backported. We don't know if scenarios exist where Garrus's ME3 head model only was backported to ME2 or something but I could see it.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
I'll never understand this.

An HDMI cable will do the trick.
Our setups are very different, I don't want to purchase a 50+ ft HDMI cable, have it running all over the house, and then have to setup another keyboard/mouse in the living room. Remote streaming is no good, even over ethernet either.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Is the French dub legit? I'm should probably play in French to improve my French since I recently bmoved to France, but I've had a hard time finding good dubs for games. Maybe I'm just too used to English ones.
Yeah French dub on Mass Effect is really good (imo)
Usually, French dub are awesome on Sony games (Uncharted, Horizon, GOW, etc...), on Ubi games (Assassin's Creed), CDPR (TW3 and C2077) or Arkham games from WB

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I'll never understand this.

An HDMI cable will do the trick.

It's really not hard to understand:

- Not everyone has a PC near their TV and don't want to stretch hdmi cables across their home.

- HDR on PC still sucks half the time.

- A TV is not a monitor on a desk, usually there is an armchair or a couch in front of them, while a PC might be in another room entirely. Your wireless peripherals might be out of range, also you might not want to use mouse and keyboard to start games (even if you play with a controller) while sitting on your couch.

Our setups are very different, I don't want to purchase a 50+ ft HDMI cable, have it running all over the house, and then have to setup another keyboard/mouse in the living room. Remote streaming is no good, even over ethernet either.

Exactly.

Mar 8, 2018
It's really not hard to understand:

- Not everyone has a PC near their TV and don't want to stretch hdmi cables across their home.

- HDR on PC still sucks half the time.

- A TV is not a monitor on a desk, usually there is an armchair or a couch in front of them, while a PC might be in another room entirely. Your wireless peripherals might be out of range, also you might not want to use mouse and keyboard to start games (even if you play with a controller) while sitting on your couch. They might also be out of range, depending on your setup.
Not to mention that consoles significantly reduce friction. Simply pressing the home button on the controller means you always boot directly into the same interface with consistent and reliable navigation. There's essentially no chance of encountering a scenario that is impossible to resolve from your couch with a controller.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
Not to mention that consoles significantly reduce friction. Simply pressing the home button on the controller means you always boot directly into the same interface with consistent and reliable navigation. There's essentially no chance of encountering a scenario that is impossible to resolve from your couch with a controller.
Exactly. If there was a specialized frontend for Windows to make living room PCs more suitable for gaming ala consoles I would be all for it though and build a second PC in the living room. As it is now, I love PC gaming, but at my desk not at my TV.

Nov 8, 2017
I take it all the people playing it early are doing so without the first patch applied since the game is not officially out yet.

Improves performance
Improves stability and fixes crashes
Improvements to Ambient Occlusion (AO)
Lighting improvements - both visual and performance-related
Miscellaneous content fixes

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the French dub legit? I'm should probably play in French to improve my French since I recently bmoved to France, but I've had a hard time finding good dubs for games. Maybe I'm just too used to English ones.
Yes, it's that good honestly, probably one of the best dubbed game in French. I would even dare to say some voices are fitting better some characters in the games. I will instead switch to English this time to experience the OG voice cast.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Looks superb, really just want to see a Digital Foundry video showing the PS5 plays at a rock solid 4K60 or if I will have to play on PC. Want to play on console due to the LG CX.

Yeah I'm super excited for a DF comparison as well. I've heard impressions are coming today, not sure if that'll include DF or not though. I'm debating between the PS5 and XSX versions…probably near-identical, but would like to make an informed choice nonetheless

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was a remaster of just the original and not all 3.
whoo.png

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017

I am in the same boat. Buying on Series X because I want to play on my C7. I will likely double dip in a year or so to play it in UW 144 on PC though.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gotta say, having 3 Mass Effect threads to follow is a bit much haha. Maybe this one should be abandoned/closed so we focus on the 2 OTs.

Ah, I see. Still though, I didn't know 2 and 3 would be included in the package.

2 and 3 still got much better textures than they used to. Also all DLCs are also included(except Pinnacle Station from ME1, which isn't a big loss I think). So if you never played the story DLCs, you're in for a treat, they're pretty damn good, especially in the sequels.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
Yeah I'm super excited for a DF comparison as well. I've heard impressions are coming today, not sure if that'll include DF or not though. I'm debating between the PS5 and XSX versions…probably near-identical, but would like to make an informed choice nonetheless

Same, altho I'm leaning right now towards XSX version because of:
  • 120 fps support (vs 60 fps on PS5)
  • Likely better AF (16x) from the XSX default BC AF default improvements to all BC games
  • Quick Resume support
  • Likely much faster load times on XSX (usually the case with BC games running on both consoles)
  • EA Play free trial on launch
Only thing that would sway me to PS5 would be much shorter load times or better performance on PS5.

mlk1227

Jan 31, 2021
Might look different depending on the lighting. These may also be pre-patch images. Shi'ira still looks great though, I also kind of like the Asari councellors look. She looks a little scary which works for her. Curious to see if Shi'ala and Benezia have this too.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I think this is more of a problem with the very concept of Asari design.

Ehhhh I think it's a Liara thing, when we're talking facial markings. I like the concept of Asari having distinct facial markings/patterns and using that as a way for the player to differentiate them. And you can see in that tweet how Nelyna and the Councilwoman both have eyebrow stand-ins that still feel alien and consistent with asari facial markings at large. Then you get Liara and it's basically "human woman eyebrow."

It's not something that bothers me as I'm playing it, but seeing it contrasted with other asari makes it pretty obvious.

mlk1227

Jan 31, 2021
Ehhhh I think it's a Liara thing, when we're talking facial markings. I like the concept of Asari having distinct facial markings/patterns and using that as a way for the player to differentiate them. And you can see in that tweet how Nelyna and the Councilwoman both have eyebrow stand-ins that still feel alien and consistent with asari facial markings at large. Then you get Liara and it's basically "human woman eyebrow."

It's not something that bothers me as I'm playing it, but seeing it contrasted with other asari makes it pretty obvious.
Liara's eyebrows may be a family gene thing. Benezia has "human" eyebrows too.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm so anxious to know how it'll run on my R5 3600 + 1080Ti lol I hope it can do at least 1800p60 to throw it at the TV

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
Mass Effect getting a dub in French but not in Spanish :(

But goddamn , the first one I dodged because of those infamous gameplay problems , but now Im super ready.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh

I'm guessing/hoping the weird echo thing going on in this is an issue with the capture or render of the video, and not the game itself (the French gameplay didn't have it).

Looks good though. I still can't decide if I want this on PC or PS5. PC makes more sense for mods and better performance/resolution, but there's just something I prefer about playing games like this on console.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
For US Best Buy purchasees, I just got charged for my PS4 preorder although order status still says "Ships by friday". Hopefully it ships today and arrives friday. I coulda picked up in store but i'm lazy, its hot outside, and best buy is 25 mins away lol

mlk1227

Jan 31, 2021
For US Best Buy purchasees, I just got charged for my PS4 preorder although order status still says "Ships by friday". Hopefully it ships today and arrives friday. I coulda picked up in store but i'm lazy, its hot outside, and best buy is 25 mins away lol
Says same thing for me. It says the game will ship by Friday but the steelbook is arriving by Friday... very odd. I spoke with BB on the phone yesterday and they said most game pre orders arrive on release day and they may not ship until Thursday but you'll still get it Friday typically.

Status
Not open for further replies.