deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, it's not hard to get the secret movie on Standard? Very likely I'll stick with that, then.

This seems like a good choice, the story of Big Hero 6's world in KHIII follows after the events of the movie, while Tangled and Frozen look like recreations of the story. Pirates 3 is also a recreation and Toy Story here is new but you seem familiar enough with those.

Ah, ok, I'll definitely make a point of seeing BH6 then; thanks for the heads up on that! I'd been more or less casually avoiding details.

Anyway, y'all have fun. See you sometime next week... After how I played the last few games, it's gonna be weird but fun not having lots of guides to consult. Though I guess it doesn't have the kind of systems I used those for anyway.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Amazon bumped my five year old 30 percent off order. Those monsters! It's now set to arrive Tuesday.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Appparently tthere's more collectors editions of the game in the SE store. Picked one uo as my brother was really pestering me for the figures.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe if we spam simplygames that GAME are shipping early they'll cave, right? :^)
Already twitted them, expect the stock answer that they can't ship yet though 😢. Only reason I went with them is the hope for playing on the weekend as off until Tuesday.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played a Kingdom Hearts in years — worth getting the $100 large bundle of everything?

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a small spoiler question.

Is Xaldin in this game at all and do you fight him? I just need a simple yes or no.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Like always、I'm grateful that there are subtitles for Donald. I have a harder time understanding him than rural Japanese dialects.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
1st choice is Wisdom, HP, Balanced, second choice is the usual Staff, Sword, Shield choice.

Xbox achievements are official if you want see what they're worth and they're icons: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/KINGDOM-HEARTS/achievements
The Thermosphere achievement definitely confirms that

Schwartzgeist is straight up the boss from Einhander and not just a new monster using it's name. The icon design is literally it's design from Einhander.

Edit:

LOL

KINGDOM HEARTS II.9

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a good choice, the story of Big Hero 6's world in KHIII follows after the events of the movie, while Tangled and Frozen look like recreations of the story. Pirates 3 is also a recreation and Toy Story here is new but you seem familiar enough with those.
so it follows pirates 3, not 5?

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Deluxe Edition from the SE Store just started shipping!! Almost there, can't wait.
fEIDTUY.jpg

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
I'm hoping they'll be some difficulty impressions coming out over the weekend.

I've had initial problems of picking a difficultly mode that's either too easy or too hard in the past and have usually played through 4-5 hours before having to restart which I'd like to avoid this time around.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Aqua on birth by sleep last night.

I am so so hyped for KH3. I only ever played 1 and 2 (never any of the handheld games) but I watched a catch up video on the story, and will still tackle them once I beat 3, since I really liked the aqua path in BBS.

I can't believe we are finally getting a proper 3. I still remember being so hyped at the end of 2 when sora gets the glass bottle with the note, but you don't know what the note said. The amount of time I spent trying to find answers and theories online was nuts

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I just played little bit and the game seems to run MUCH better than 0.2 did on my base PS4.
It doesn't seem to have that shitty frame-pacing feeling of 0.2, and the framerate seems much higher.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
So that "review thread" is going by pretty fast figued I will post here instead.
Do we actually know 100% that there is critical mode after beating the game?

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017

This was really awesome to read (I try to not look into reviews because we so close now). There is a bit more if you follow the tweet.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played a Kingdom Hearts in years — worth getting the $100 large bundle of everything?
Came in to ask this exact question lol

I'm not sure if this is quite a good thread for it since we're all biased to some extent. I love the games, they have a very charming cast, and a story, while muddy, is a lot of fun to go through. The biggest thing I'd ask you to ask yourself first before diving in is how cheesy can something be before you call it quits. I mean this full of affection, but KH is the cheesiest series I've ever had the joy of experiencing, and if you're okay with that(or better yet, if you can find enjoyment in that), then you should def pick the full collection up as it's extremely worth it.

Otherwise, music is pretty god-tier, and combat ranges from "this is pretty fun" to "Man, why can't every game play like this."