• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone who has an early copy commented how performance runs on a base PS4? If it's good enough I might cave and play the game at midnight instead of waiting for my Pro to come in.

If it's 0.2 level, I'll wait.

This is what one of the members had to say about performance who watched a lot of spoiler videos.

I've seen all the leaks. It runs the best on X1X so you would want to go there if you want the best resolution and performance, but it runs good across all of the systems, including base PS4 and X1 and has a consistent FPS near 60. They've managed to make it look and run well across all of the systems. Most of the leaks came from base X1 and it runs smooth as butter on X1, so that should give you a good idea of how the others perform if just an X1 is able to run the game well.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone who has an early copy commented how performance runs on a base PS4? If it's good enough I might cave and play the game at midnight instead of waiting for my Pro to come in.

If it's 0.2 level, I'll wait.
I will post my impression, but honestly it's been over a year since I played 0.2 so I might not remember it perfectly.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura is learning the exact WRONG lesson from the leaks. The lesson isn't "release it in Japan even earlier and fuck the rest of the world", it's actually do a worldwide release instead of giving Japan a pity head-start.

Christ, Nomura. Grow the hell up.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Ah man I realized the only worlds I've seen the movies for this time around are Hercules and Toy Story

Not gonna be as fun world hopping this time around

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Nomura is learning the exact WRONG lesson from the leaks. The lesson isn't "release it in Japan even earlier and fuck the rest of the world", it's actually do a worldwide release instead of giving Japan a pity head-start.

Like the game has been done and shipped out for over a month. If you just release it faster, then less issues would have shown up.

Ah man I realized the only worlds I've seen the movies for this time around are Hercules and Toy Story

That sounds cool actually cause you won't know what to expect.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

I broke my personal rule of "never watch Frozen" a couple of weeks ago so that I'd understand its world a bit better in the game.

Turns out, Frozen is actually a decent movie. Not great, but not bad.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
One more hour. I can't wait to start discussing the game with everyone once i've played it! I'm so excited!
What worldwide release? KH3 doesn't have a worldwide release lol
Five days counts as worldwide for Nomura or Square-Enix I guess. The gap was originally supposed to be around a month between both versions, so I guess he considers this to be one because they're so much closer now.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I meant to watch some of Big Hero 6/Frozen/Tangled/Pirates 3 while with my family over the holidays.

But we didn't watch any, and I forgot to see if friends wanted to watch them, so now I have to decide if it's worth doing myself this week. I feel like it'll be weirder if I don't watch at least some of them; I think I've picked up enough on Frozen's story, seen parts of Tangled, and don't really need to see Pirates 3 as I've read the plot before. So maybe just Big Hero 6 (which I'd probably like the most anyway) and Tangled, then, if anything...? Hmm.

Oct 30, 2017
Five days counts as worldwide for Nomura or Square-Enix I guess. The gap was originally supposed to be around a month between both versions, so I guess he considers this to be one because they're so much closer now.

I don't understand why square didn't so simultaneous, especially when the game's been chilling in distro since the start of December lol. Square gonna square I guess.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here gonna be streaming the JP version in an hour? Kind of want to put a Twitch stream on in the background while I work.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why square didn't so simultaneous, especially when the game's been chilling in distro since the start of December lol. Square gonna square I guess.
Yeah it's really odd. I guess they wanted Japan to have it first or something, it just seems so odd considering the gap's so small that they couldn't shorten it a couple of more days for parity.
Anyone here gonna be streaming the JP version in an hour? Kind of want to put a Twitch stream on in the background while I work.
I will be Wuff if you wanna join in :) (same username as my Era one)

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Finishing up one last 0.2 run.

Unintentionally got the objectives for no damaging Phantom Aqua and the Orb Darksides (I'm playing on Critical), so I think it's safe to say I'm on tilt right now, lol

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I meant to watch some of Big Hero 6/Frozen/Tangled/Pirates 3 while with my family over the holidays.

But we didn't watch any, and I forgot to see if friends wanted to watch them, so now I have to decide if it's worth doing myself this week. I feel like it'll be weirder if I don't watch at least some of them; I think I've picked up enough on Frozen's story, seen parts of Tangled, and don't really need to see Pirates 3 as I've read the plot before. So maybe just Big Hero 6 (which I'd probably like the most anyway) and Tangled, then, if anything...? Hmm.
This seems like a good choice, the story of Big Hero 6's world in KHIII follows after the events of the movie, while Tangled and Frozen look like recreations of the story. Pirates 3 is also a recreation and Toy Story here is new but you seem familiar enough with those.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Look what I just picked up. They we're already Selling dozens of copies :o

ej1A1xv_d.jpg

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I almost can't believe it.

14. Fucking. Years.

Say what you will about the handheld spinoffs (and Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance were the only good ones) but this is, truly, what we have all been waiting for. And that long wait is now over.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I waited half my life for this game its insane. Never was waiting for love, adulthood etc but KH3.

After that life can truly begin :P
Finally.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
16 years. 16 whole years and it's finally come to a end (for now) It's unbelieveable to think about

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

ITT people think Nomura controls everything including game release marketing and timing even when he said in an interview that this was specifically SE marketing's decision

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I will be Wuff if you wanna join in :) (same username as my Era one)
Alrighty, I'll tune in :D Can't participate in chat or anything though.

Nomura revealed how to get the secret ending, looks pretty straightforward.

https://www.dualshockers.com/kingdo...k-secret-movie-and-more-in-famitsu-interview/
That doesn't sound bad at all. Not sure if I want to do Normal or Proud. Think I'll do the latter.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ITT people think Nomura controls everything including game release marketing and timing even when he said in an interview that this was specifically SE marketing's decision

Yeah, I don't know why people are taking to heart anything Nomura says about release timing and his opinions on not doing WW launches in the future

That's not his decision to make. lol

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't know why people are taking to heart anything Nomura says about release timing and his opinions on not doing WW launches in the future

That's not his decision to make. lol

This can be true while also feeling like he should grow the hell up about this and get some perspective on the world-wide fandom of the series.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This can be true while also feeling like he should grow the hell up about this and get some perspective on the world-wide fandom of the series.

Oh I agree that it's dumb

But some people seem to take it as an actual thing he can make happen and that's just not true

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Do GAME do free First Class delivery? Tempted but it's a bit more expensive than everywhere else.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

He doesn't control everything. But getting pissed off about leaks and going "maybe I'll just delay the next release in the West even longer" is not a good reaction.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
49 more minutes, good god we've waited so long.

Nice dude!
Awesome!!!!! Have fun!
Thanks Will enjoy it, no doubt

Normally I am going to receive a digital copy of thé game also in the next two days. I'll probably give it away on resetera to someone that someone else van also enjoy this weekend. I don't see the Point in having two copies :)