Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I keep reading this and it excites me even more.

Looking forward to it

Yup, the second part is easily the best one, as it turns into a real monster-in-the-house type movie, like the ending of JP was. You sense Bayona's experience with these kind of movies to create some cool tense moments, with a lot of visual flair. This isn't a movie as bland as JW by a long mile.

So don't let the negative reactions influence your opinion beforehand. I found it a very solid, fun and exciting blockbuster, despite some of it's flaws (dumb characters doing dumb shit, a screenplay that misses focus)

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two things annoyed me.
How did the Mosasaur survive three years in a tank with no food. There is no way the Indominus flesh lasted that long.

How is the kingdom of man fallen... at best there were a dozen dinosaurs. How are they going to be a threat?

Yeah freeing them is going to get people killed but there didn't seem to be many carnivores and all it would take is a .50 calibre machine gun to take them all out.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Two things annoyed me.
How did the Mosasaur survive three years in a tank with no food. There is no way the Indominus flesh lasted that long.

How is the kingdom of man fallen... at best there were a dozen dinosaurs. How are they going to be a threat?

Yeah freeing them is going to get people killed but there didn't seem to be many carnivores and all it would take is a .50 calibre machine gun to take them all out.
Yeah it's not really that big of a deal
dozens or hundreds of people and controversy will probably die obviously but besides Blue due to her intelligence I don't see it being the fall of man but probably a huge pain

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Since when do we need spoiler tags for movie OTs? People who haven't seen it yet shouldn't be posting in them and making everyone else have to use tags just to talk about the film imo.

Had a good time with it. While it's similar to the first in terms of characters and tone somewhat, I liked how things played out in a different way even compared to Lost World. There were some plot points which raised eyebrowns, but overally it felt like a dynamic theme park ride with a bunch of set pieces and nevery got boring. I do like how Jurassic World is taking the entire "what if" concept of the franchise to new heights in terms of how it can progress as a series narratively. The characters are still all VERY stupid, but shrug, I think I actually enjoy that part of the films. Also, there was a lot more physical comedy than I expected here. Some nice slices of dark humor too. Really hope they make a third one!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I told my gf the plot to this movie (namely the big twist) and this was her reaction:

giphy.gif

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The way I'm reading some comments, I'm almost getting the vibe that it's another Suicide Squad situation. In that, it's not simply that it's dumb/bad overall, but rather that it often seems to fail at basic filmmaking in general.

Is that accurate?

It can't be stated enough that this movie has no clue how an end credits scene works.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Just saw it
A good dino movie
More surprises would been good
Clifhanger ending
Trailers spoiled to much of the movie last minutes

OP
OP
WhiteRabbitEXE
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Since when do we need spoiler tags for movie OTs? People who haven't seen it yet shouldn't be posting in them and making everyone else have to use tags just to talk about the film imo.

[...]

Really hope they make a third one!

Yeah, I was wondering about this too.

Guessing because if it's not out in the USA it doesn't really count as being out?..

I didn't add that to the title (I'm gonna guess Jawmuncher did?), but yeah, I believe the issue is the US release being a whole two weeks later. It briefly came up in the franchise OT anyway, which probably sparked the edit. For what it's worth, I'm fine with it being a spoiler topic if that's what everyone wants to do, even if it means I can't use it for 2 weeks, lol. I'll leave it up to whoever cares the most haha.

(And @ duck: JW3 already has a date, writers, and director)

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
5 more reviews until it reaches 80...this may determine if it stays fresh or rotten.

The last day or 2 before the US release however is pretty much the finalized score(for the most part).

Also there seems to be mixed reactions on reddit now.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It always seemed pretty obvious to me that Goldblum would only be in it for that court/trailer scene and wouldn't be substantial save for some "be careful" speech.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
80 reviews in and it's still fresh...all that's left is the week it comes out in the US unless a drastic change happens before then.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
My only conclusion after seeing this, is that Colin Trevorrow has never actually observed human beings communicating with each other.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Watched it today and wasn't all that impressed, easily my least favourite of the five films so far.

I suppose I'll have to go into spoiler tag if that's what's happening..

All the new characters were terrible, especially those two young annoying hipster twerps. The grandkid was irritating. The villains were horribly cliched and forgettable.

When I think back on this film in say a month or a year's time, I don't honestly think I'll be able to remember any stand out moments. There's no tension whenever a dinosaur comes on screen anymore because the amount of near-miss scenes is bordering on comedic and annoyance.

The subplot they throw in towards the end with the grandkid is so bizarre and completely not needed that I nearly laughed out loud in the cinema.

Just, just kill a good guy for once, do something interesting and memorable, make me sit up in my seat and think holy shit.

The last 25 minutes ish are quite enjoyable I'll give it that, even if the whole sequence has already been revealed in the trailers, and I really liked that one shot of the bronchiosaurus(?) standing alone on the pier as they all sailed away.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I also can't believe over on Ign they got Gav Murphy to review it, the biggest Jurassic Park fanboy known going by how much he talks about it on their podcast.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just came back. Movie was a lot of fun, a lot of great scenes, and excellent visuals. Basically got what I want from this series.

It has issues though, and mainly two annoy me. 1. The recycling of scenes from older movies. This is a sequel, not an homage.

2. Fuck the trailers. Just fuck them. Fuck everyone who edits them, and fuck everyone who greenlights them. I am not kidding, every single major scene in the entire movies has been spoiled by these fucking trailers. The trailers have shown basically nothing but the highlights of everything that happens.

I'm so done with this trailer spoiler shit. It really ruins the fun when everything that happens you just know the next outcome because that's what they chose to show you in the trailers. There is no suspense because of it? There are no surprises, and it pisses me the fuck off.

I need to be stronger for the next movie and just avoid any and all trailers. Trailers have become a blight. They do not tease anything. They reveal everything.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it. It's weird, at some points it felt like there was a decent movie between all the crap.
It feels like the studio and director had different views for the movie, but I think Bayona did a great work for what he had to work with. The last 30min are really enjoyable.

Also Chris Pratt is channeling Star Lord in some of the scenes, but I guess it works for the character.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Would someone who's seen it mind answering a question for me?

How prominent a role does Dr Wu play in this? Does he make it out alive?

About the same as the last movie.

It's a little ambiguous because he was stabbed in the neck with a needle. Something was injected into him, thought it could just be tranquilizer since the person who stabbed him is the cowardly IT guy. Doubt he had the guts to inject poison into someone. Whatever's the case, it's left open enough that it doesn't matter.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
That was a terrible movie.

Why did Maisie get into the bed to get away from the Indoraptor ? Also, how did she come away from that experience thinking these dinosaurs which can be vicious and terrifying are "just like me" therefore they must be set free?

Also...there were like 12 dinosaurs that were in the estate, how is that the end of civilization?

Would someone who's seen it mind answering a question for me?

How prominent a role does Dr Wu play in this? Does he make it out alive?

He's literally in the movie at like the tail end being a super evil douche, then he gets knocked out. He's alive and dragged out of the estate.

Last edited:

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that I had some time to digest the movie I wrote all my complaints that I have with Fallen Kingdom here, Basically I like the movie but I"m not a fan of many of the things they do and where this leads Jurassic World 3.

I'm kind of afraid now what they'll do with JW3, but hopefully they'll be able to make a good movie. Can we post unmarked spoilers in this thread btw?

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
I watched some reviews before going in, so didn't have high expectations. They were right. Very meh movie, one or two moments managed to pique my interest momentarily, but then it went back to being meh. I found the little girl the most interesting character. Would've liked this movie more as a Lara Croft origin story, lol.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
That was a terrible movie.

Why did Maisie get into the bed to get away from the Indoraptor ? Also, how did she come away from that experience thinking these dinosaurs which can be vicious and terrifying are "just like me" therefore they must be set free?

Also...there were like 12 dinosaurs that were in the estate, how is that the end of civilization?

Oh, you know, they
will magically multiply into the millions until the next sequel.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The movie has an absolutely terrible script but the action and directing is top notch.

But seriously, the script can go into a dumpster and you wouldn't find it because it's complete and utter garbage

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The movie has an absolutely terrible script but the action and directing is top notch.

But seriously, the script can go into a dumpster and you wouldn't find it because it's complete and utter garbage
Great story, poor execution with the script, great directing, poor execution of the setpieces.

I really did not like the action bits, though. They felt clunky as all hell.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
So writing dumb shit spoiler

we live in a world where someone sits down and writes a man outruns a full speed t-rex even casually has time to scream before running and keeps looking back. I mean if they say she got arithiritis due to age or battle damage can believe it maybe. But this t-rex busts out at full speed and can't catch a dude. This is barely 10 mins into film before it stupid as shit

OP
OP
WhiteRabbitEXE
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

Seems about right, given that Trevorrow is an awful, awful writer, and JA Bayona is an excellent director, haha. Good thing the next movie's director won't be held back by the script!

because Trevorrow will be directing it lol

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Just came back. Movie was a lot of fun, a lot of great scenes, and excellent visuals. Basically got what I want from this series.

It has issues though, and mainly two annoy me. 1. The recycling of scenes from older movies. This is a sequel, not an homage.

2. Fuck the trailers. Just fuck them. Fuck everyone who edits them, and fuck everyone who greenlights them. I am not kidding, every single major scene in the entire movies has been spoiled by these fucking trailers. The trailers have shown basically nothing but the highlights of everything that happens.

I'm so done with this trailer spoiler shit. It really ruins the fun when everything that happens you just know the next outcome because that's what they chose to show you in the trailers. There is no suspense because of it? There are no surprises, and it pisses me the fuck off.

I need to be stronger for the next movie and just avoid any and all trailers. Trailers have become a blight. They do not tease anything. They reveal everything.

Whichever friend forced you to watch all the trailers, you need to get rid of them.