• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
"Perhaps extinct franchises should be left extinct."
poster.jpg

"What, so soon? Isn't this weeks away?"

Well, it turns out there's some sports thing called "football" (idk, looks like soccer to me, crazy Europeans) that apparently the un-Americans among us follow, and the US release date happens to be right in the middle of it, so long story short...

details.png

Director: J.A. Bayona (known for The Orphanage, The Impossible, A Monster Calls)
Writers: Colin Trevorrow & Derek Connolly
Based on the characters created by: Michael Crichton
Music: Michael Giacchino
Release Date: June 6th worldwide, June 22nd in the US
Summary: When the island's dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event.

starring.png

fk.gif

Rexy
Professional Isla Nublar super hero

blue.gif

Blue
It's in her blood!

howard.png

Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing
Capatalist turned naturalist in just three years (former record holder - John Hammond, 4 years). Fan of high heels.

pratt.png

Chris Pratt as Owen Grady
Raptor tamer and T. rex stunt man.

wong.png

BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu
He was so preoccupied with whether or not he could, he didn't stop to think if he should.

goldblum.png

Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm
"Hahahrawrrahaha"

New cast members
  • Justice Smith: Not a computer nerd, he's a hacker.
  • James Cromwell as Sir Benjamin Lockwood: The Steve Wozniac to John Hammond's Steve Jobs.
  • Rafe Spall as Eli Mills: Lockwood's right-hand who hires Owen and Claire to rescue the dinos. Probably doesn't own a paint and tile store.
  • Daniella Pineda as Dr. Zia Rodriguez: Paleovet. As it turns out, that's somehow a hot career field.
  • Toby Jones as Gunnar Eversoll: Taking animals off the island was the worst idea in the long sad history of bad ideas... until someone chose dino auctioneer as profession.
  • Isabella Sermon as Maisie Lockwood: Because it wouldn't be Jurassic without children in mortal danger.
(will probably work on this a little more later, was a bit rushed, but otherwise, see you all on the 21st!)

Last edited:

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dying to see it. I have tickets for Thursday I will be camped outside the cinema for the first showing.

I am equally, if not a little more, excited for Michael Giacchino's score.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any reviews yet? If it's coming out in two days, surely it's been screened for critics?

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I don't have much hope for this. JW was meh, and this ones plot feels very contrived.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly I don't have much hope for this. JW was meh, and this ones plot feels very contrived.
Also the characters in these movies are terrible. I don't like them and I don't want to spend time with them.

That's why they had to get Jeff but I doubt he has much to actually do with the film.

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the plot. Contrived it may be but I like the idea of the legality and morality of creating (or recreating) a lifeform. If a natural disaster happened and you had the means to save an island full of extinct creatures would you save them or let them die.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also the characters in these movies are terrible. I don't like them and I don't want to spend time with them.

That's why they had to get Jeff but I doubt he has much to actually do with the film.

Yeah agreed, it's hard to care about them. Unlike Lex and Tim, the new kids are annoying as fuck, I don't think much of Pratt and Howard's characters either, the whole plotline of TAMING VELOCIRAPTORS that the World series plays on is the epitome of dumb, right up there with Raptors talking to each other (literally) that JP3 played on, then of course there's the lack of the original cast. No Allan Grant, No Satler, Ian Malcolm will be in this for 5 minutes just so they can slap Goldblum's name on it, and of course sadly Lord Attenborough is long lost to the world.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the advert and hated it. I know it's a movie about dinosaurs being brought back to life, so I should take a relaxed attitude to accuracy and credibility, but the whole Chris Pratt/Raptor love affair is too much for me.

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah agreed, it's hard to care about them. Unlike Lex and Tim, the new kids are annoying as fuck, I don't think much of Pratt and Howard's characters either, the whole plotline of TAMING VELOCIRAPTORS that the World series plays on is the epitome of dumb, right up there with Raptors talking to each other (literally) that JP3 played on, then of course there's the lack of the original cast. No Allan Grant, No Satler, Ian Malcolm will be in this for 5 minutes just so they can slap Goldblum's name on it, and of course sadly Lord Attenborough is long lost to the world.

I think you need to watch Jurassic Park again. Tim and Lex are incredibly irritating and do dumb shit like attracting the T-Rex and somehow manage to survive an attack by two Raptors by running around in a kitchen and Tim manages to survive a 10,000 volt shock.

They aren't trying to tame Raptors. They are trying to train Raptors to obey commands. How is that any different than training a K9 dog to attack on command or a sniffer dog to find drugs.

They are highly intelligent animals. Primates and Dolphins can communicate with each other.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
I think you need to watch Jurassic Park again. Tim and Lex are incredibly irritating and do dumb shit like attracting the T-Rex and somehow manage to survive an attack by two Raptors by running around in a kitchen and Tim manages to survive a 10,000 volt shock.

They aren't trying to tame Raptors. They are trying to train Raptors to obey commands. How is that any different than training a K9 dog to attack on command or a sniffer dog to find drugs.

They are highly intelligent animals. Primates and Dolphins can communicate with each other.

I think it's an interesting idea and not really unbelievable. It just doesn't work for whatever reason in the films for me. It just ends up feeling silly. Something with the script or acting I don't know.

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
poster.jpg

What a godawful poster...

It's a limited poster (I think) that is a play on every Marvel poster ever.
51zQB3DjpdL.jpg

I think it's an interesting idea and not really unbelievable. It just doesn't work for whatever reason in the films for me. It just ends up feeling silly. Something with the script or acting I don't know.
When people say 'talking raptors' people automatically translating their noises into perfect english. Hey new dinosaur we are going to attack you, wait whats that, the humans are bad?????? oh no!

A noise could be something as simple as friend, or bad. Primates don't construct sentences they take other cues such as sight, smell and touching to convey language. Notice how the Raptors head bobs and moves as they "talk".

Possumowner

Oct 27, 2017
Uk
Patiently waiting for reviews...I'm gonna guess it'll be a fun popcorn movie but nowhere near the first 2

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Should be some ridiculous fun. I enjoyed the first one but I've long since accepted there will never be another JP.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I seriously have doubts about this movie but I'll probably watch it anyway cause dinosaurs

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got an unlimited card so the movie won't cost me anything but petrol money to get to the cinema, so I can watch it and then tell you if it's worth a watch or not long before it even comes out in the US.

I do have a gut feeling though this might not be that good. I was really meh on the first one, and this one feels like it's got less going for it.

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
I hope to see it this weekend in Spain. I expect this and the next one to honor the name and start a Jurassic World, and maybe a future trilogy to be Jurassic War, with a full world infested of dinos. A jurassic dino crisis...

May 3, 2018

Pratt becoming super pals with the Velociraptors is just the single stupidest fucking thing about the new movies. It's so angeringly dumb.