xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
btw Sony, for the love of god, stop announcing games soooo many years before they actually release.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I am so bummed about this. The Last of Us was my favorite PS3 game and I'm excited to play 2, but Ghosts looks way more enticing for me than TLOU2.. ahh well, such is life.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. But this makes PS5 all the more appetizing to get on release date if two of their AAA heavy hitters come out with a PS5 version

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So for the GoT guys... what do devs even do when they suddenly unexpectedly get extra months? Restructure their whole work plan for the final months of development?

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Interesting with E3 two weeks later to actually confirm or deny either BC upgraded support, or just PS5 titles for Last Of Us and GOT.

I guess that won't really affect sales that much

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a Breath of the Wild situation now where it releases on two consoles and because of it, neither version is as good as it really could have been? I sure hope not...

I am SUPER hyped for this game. I want it to be amazing, dammit.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I'll say this: next-gen, Sony really needs to pump out these titles a bit faster or get a few more studios. They got an easy win this gen with the WiiU flopping and the Xbox One being noticeably behind in power parity at the start of the gen. They have too many games that seem to take 5 or more years to make.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
GoT is definitely a ps5 version pick up.

We still dont really know what they will do with cross gen games. Offer a patch for ps5 exclusive features? Release an enhanced copy? Whatever the case, planning to play this on ps5.

Part2 is now TBD for me. Not sure if I want to wait for the ps5 copy. Even if I avoid Era, YT casually spoils shit for me. Its maddening.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
This honestly reads as more optimistic on the game than I think a lot of people were. This sounds like they were on course for Q2, earlier than I would've expected for sure, and are now going later to get out of TLoU's way more than anything else.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Too close to PS5. I'll have zero interest in this game if it's launched too close to next gen. Shit better be cross gen.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not cross-gen it will be one of the dumbest moves in recent memory.

Every PS4 game will work on PS5, and some of them will likely have enhancement patches. This one is being lined up after TLOU2, so around two months or so for GOT before PS5 launch and have a patch ready and there is your cross-gen

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I never really expected GoT to be ready for release before Q4 2020.

So then, does it release on PS4 in Oct/Nov 2020 and get an enhanced BC patch right away

Edit:

Does a PS5 remaster release on a separate SKU sometime in 2021 as a Complete/GoTY Edition?

Or, no PS5 version at all, just BC or enhanced BC?

Last edited:

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Now that's a disappointment. 7 years after Infamous ? How is that even possible ? Maybe they had big problems during the development ? Maybe after Nioh and Sekiro they realized the gameplay wasn't good enough for a samurai game so they restarted the development ?

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that's a disappointment. 7 years after Infamous ? How is that even possible ? Maybe they had big problems during the development ? Maybe after Nioh and Sekiro they realized the gameplay wasn't good enough for a samurai game so they restarted the development ?

I won't pretend to know what's going on over there, but Second Son came out in 2014. It was followed by a DLC expansion later that year. In 2016, Sucker Punch gave us a PS4 Pro patch for Second Son as well.

So it's been awhile, but if development didn't start until 2015, that'll be about 6 years time for a Fall 2020 release. Similar to what Horizon Zero Dawn had which was also a new IP.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Tsushima in the latter half of 2020 seemed like a given. A 3-month wait for Part II is also not a big deal.

Let's not pretend Sony is in some kind of rut here. They're about to bookend this gen with 2-3 amazing games. PS5 is about to have 2-3 must have games to buy it for and that's not even considering the launch window exclusives.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not pretend Sony is in some kind of rut here. They're about to bookend this gen with 2-3 amazing games. PS5 is about to have 2-3 must have games to buy it for and that's not even considering the launch window exclusives.

Other than Horizon 2, what games will you think they'll be? Let's not delude ourselves here. PS3, and PS4's first two years of exclusives post launch were mediocre, and sparse. Sony has not yet demonstrated they can provide a satisfying exclusive lineup for the first 2 years of their new console launches.

A faaaar cry from their PS2 days. Miss this type of Sony!

28590845283_9bd5d77b7d_b.jpg

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish they would just save it for PS5 launch at this point. But I guess they do still need a big PS4 release later next year.