• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting open.

"Yeah, I didn't give a shit about those dead kids, just so you don't think I'm really far left or something! But I gotta do this thing."

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I don't normally watch this kind of thing, but I've noticed an interesting contrast of how different the electorate is between the parties in the house. On the Democrat side, you see a lot of women and people of color, and they're all of various ages, but for Republicans, it's almost entirely angry old white guys. If the house is supposed to be a reflection of the American people, then I think it does a pretty good job.

The optics of impeachment, as it they did in HJC, make it clear that a bunch of white men want to defend Trump's efforts to cling to power by cheating.

The Democrats who voted in favor included 11 women, and 13 Latinx and people of color (Ted Lieu missed the vote recovering from a heart procedure). Three (plus Lieu) are immigrants. One is gay. These Democrats voted to uphold the Constitution a bunch of white men, several of them owners of African-American slaves, wrote hundreds of years ago.

The Republicans who voted against were all white. Just two were women. These Republicans voted to permit a racist white male President to cheat to get reelected in violation of the rule of law.

This is about a clash between the rising America and the past. And it's unclear who will win this battle for America. But the stakes are clear.

Yeah, story of America right there. And why the old generations are so afraid of millennials and younger: because those generations makeup is predominantly not white and male.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
they get power from their voters, the American people.
USA is rotten on the inside
to be fair many of the people here are voting based on lies. hate too, sure, but I'm willing to bet if they actually had accurate information when going into the polls things would be quite different. not to mention how much voter purging, gerrymandering, etc also changes the results. So it's not too surprising that we get shitbags voted in when they lie their way there to people that are either too ignorant to know how to check or see the signs, or those without the means to. But these are things that need to be dealt with, though unfortunately it's an uphill battle even being able to put better checks into place first.

like how are we still using voting machines that are so easily hackable? why hasn't there been a HUGE bipartisan push to either get reliable machines made HERE in the states, or switch to paper (or both). it's not a mistake or an accident. people have been shouting about this. so when you say people voted a lot of the problems in - yes but... not exactly?

people are being spurred into a stupor to fight and hate each other and just about all of it is misinformation/disinformation. it's by design. and it is profoundly sad. Gotta keep fighting to put better leadership in place and then fix how our democracy is run.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Biden wasn't third in the race when trump made the call to Ukraine, he was first by a wide margin what is he talking about?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
We really need a live fact check person during these speeches. Interrupt them when they say something untrue.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I honestly thought we'd have some republicans jump ship by now
O well

trash party, but it's like 45 percent of our country... how the hell do we heal?

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I really wish they weren't allowed to just enter conspiracy theories into the historical record without at least an asterisk.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
They voted for the impeachment prior to the call because of the Mueller report. Which, like any damaging allegations against the president, you tried to sweep under the rug.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
Also younger white people are more exposed to minorities, as a result, they don't carry the same ignorant views as the previous generation.
This is true. It's not just about demographic make up, but race relations between different generations as well. Where younger people may see a comrade, older generations may see a threat.

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
"A precedent in which no future president will be immune to impeachment"

So you're saying that you want presidents to be immune to impeachment, eh? WONDER WHY