• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Just turned it on to Higgins. He's like a stereotypical southern republican. 'The democrats want to eat your babies!'

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
His words have been conveniently dismissed because saying 'no quid pro quo' after being caught isn't a defense you fucking goof.

IT ISN'T A DEFENSE BEFORE BEING CAUGHT.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
The line the Republicans seem to be repeating is "the Dems are delegitimizing the voice of the people who voted for this president. They're taking your democracy away"

Note, I'm not seeing them actually defend the "totally innocent" president. They're attacking the process and making the Dems look like the true enemy of democracy.
The sad thing about this is, why are they not upset with the president for ruining this opportunity to lead for their party? People elected him, and he let you and your constituents down!

It's like being mad at the cop for arresting your kid, and not your kid for drinking and crashing the car you gave him into a parked car.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Oh man, I'm sorry to have dug deeper on this. Thanks for having the courtesy to respond any way. He sounds absolutely gone. It sounds like he needs to completely lose media access for an insanely long time.

He is, and that's what's so frustrating about it.

I'm back home because my fiancee and I have hit rock bottom financially and I've got some lingering mental health medical issues from my time in the military that I need to get fixed. I'm in California, she's in South Dakota (dealing with her mom, which is a whole other level of crazy).

First time I've been home in 5 years, first time I've seen my parents in 2, and I already want to leave (but I have nowhere to go, no source of income until I can find a new job).

Its like a systematic break down, just start randomly spewing republican talking points. This is embarassing for the American political system and beyond parody levels of awful.

It's all they have, and sadly, a good amount people in this country are dumb enough to fall for it.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
You're god damn right we do, you dumbfuck. You've demonstrated you shouldn't be in office. I hate you and everyone else in your party.

Oct 27, 2017
"sensitive natures"? WHAT THE FUCK? Dude is a habitually lying sex offender and a traitor. And I do think Trump voters are stupid.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realize Hillary Clinton becomes president once Trump is removed. Huge if true!

Mar 29, 2018
literally why would trump be worried about this at all. the senate is going to bail him out, he's just doing outrage for show.
Again, being impeached is a massive bit of negative optics. It shows that the government's systems of accountability consider him a big problem. Even if he stays in power, it's a big publicity knock, if nothing else.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You are Congress. You are not suppose to say "My President". That's not your job.

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is a fucking conman and a sexual assaulter and probably in debt to Russian oligarchs. You bet we were trying to get rid of him from the beginning.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Wish Nadler or some dem had the balls to say "oh btw remember when Reps said publically to make Obama a 1 term president? You fucks are projecting on what you do. Fuck off bitch."

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The subtext that is being established is that because the dems are influencing the 2020 elections with impeachment, Trump's future attempts will be justified and hand waved away. We are gonna both sides ourselves right into the grave.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I don't normally watch this kind of thing, but I've noticed an interesting contrast of how different the electorate is between the parties in the house. On the Democrat side, you see a lot of women and people of color, and they're all of various ages, but for Republicans, it's almost entirely angry old white guys. If the house is supposed to be a reflection of the American people, then I think it does a pretty good job.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I don't normally watch this kind of thing, but I've noticed an interesting contrast of how different the electorate is between the parties in the house. On the Democrat side, you see a lot of women and people of color, and they're all of various ages, but for Republicans, it's almost entirely angry old white guys. If the house is supposed to be a reflection of the American people, then I think it does a pretty good job.

It's pretty goddamn obvious which party aims to support what basis.

Dems have people of all ethnicities, backgrounds, and experience type.

Reps have mid-to-old age white people.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
I play a little game where I try to guess which party the current person talking is (I'm watching it muted since I'm at work and also I can't stand hearing Republicans). I'm usually correct for this very reason :P

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty goddamn obvious which party aims to support what basis.

Dems have people of all ethnicities, backgrounds, and experience type.

Reps have mid-to-old age white people.
And to that, the problem we face is that mid-to-old white people absolutely love to vote, whereas that same sentiment isn't as true for everyone else. That's why so many Republicans are voted in and keep their seats. I'm hoping that Trump has woken the rest of the voting population up to the dangers of not voting, and we see an enormous turnout next year of Democratic voters.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
"Our country is more divided than ever!"

Yes, because your sycophant calls us traitors, enemies of the people and claims we're are waging an "assault on the United Stated."

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
"Our country is more divided than ever!"

Yes, because your sycophant calls us traitors, enemies of the people and claims we're are waging an "assault on the United Stated."
They keep saying this impeachment will lead to this but Republicans helped destroy any unity under Obama. They were so racists they blocked his admin and has slowly been leading to a far right Pres for a while.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And to that, the problem we face is that mid-to-old white people absolutely love to vote, whereas that same sentiment isn't as true for everyone else. That's why so many Republicans are voted in and keep their seats. I'm hoping that Trump has woken the rest of the voting population up to the dangers of not voting, and we see an enormous turnout next year of Democratic voters.
They need to be educated that these mid-to-old white people were outvotted before. Enough in key states can overcome even the electoral college.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The line the Republicans seem to be repeating is "the Dems are delegitimizing the voice of the people who voted for this president. They're taking your democracy away"

Note, I'm not seeing them actually defend the "totally innocent" president. They're attacking the process and making the Dems look like the true enemy of democracy.

Oh, where were these Republicans when McConnell refused to allow Obama to nominate Garland to the Supreme Court? The people voted for that president (both popularly and by way of the electoral college), and yet Republicans didn't seem at all concerned about what the voice of the people.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry the GOP is terrified that this has happened. They've purged hundreds of thousands from voter rolls in key swing states (GA and WI) in anticipation.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
they get power from their voters, the American people.
USA is rotten on the inside
It's a vicious cycle though, more like a cancer. Republican representatives and their voters constantly bring each other lower and lower until all of a sudden they exist in a different, far more perverted and debased version of America all together.