Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I saw this earlier today, and now it's the top post on reddit (for me, at least)

So I think people can agree you made the right call lmao

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I love it. Your home looks beautiful. I want to do some painting on my house but it is an old townhouse and the whole block is kind of similar so I can only do so much. May just replace the green door with a red or yellow one and redo my patio a matching color.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Saw this on Reddit before seeing it here. Small world? Good color choice at least! Doesn't look so drab anymore.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I came in here expecting some good Irishman shitposts, but this thread really let me down.

Paint job looks nice. A touch brighter than I'd prefer on my own space, but it's not so extreme as to be gauche or anything.

OP
OP
AppleBlade

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
That Reddit post was not me. It's weird someone took my pic and posted it there. I'm guessing it was someone here? Whoever posted it claimed it was there house.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Nah that ain't to bad. Someone near a friends house painted it purple. I'd be annoyed to see that cuz it looks bad as fuck

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I think it looks nice. Maybe the window storm shutters being a darker shade of blue on blue is a bit... blendy. I'd consider that being a brighter/different color personally.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
That Reddit post was not me. It's weird someone took my pic and posted it there. I'm guessing it was someone here? Whoever posted it claimed it was there house.

LOL, I was just about congratulate you about it blowing up on reddit.

Top reddit post:

"This is actually crazy! This is my grandparents old house. I've mowed those lawns so many times lmao. Friendly hello from one of the younger Randich's, I'm glad to see that you've really made the place your own. Much love "

OP
OP
AppleBlade

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
LOL, I was just about congratulate you about it blowing up on reddit.

Top reddit post:

"This is actually crazy! This is my grandparents old house. I've mowed those lawns so many times lmao. Friendly hello from one of the younger Randich's, I'm glad to see that you've really made the place your own. Much love "
I might DM that poster because they sound legit. The Randich's did live in my house and they're an awesome and well respected family in town.

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking about how my Dad just painted his house neon green (rave green Seahawks colors) and how his neighbors all asked him to redo it lmao

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
what???

I'm as brain-poisoned and radicalized as the next internet leftist but this I do not get at all. I understand overall suspicion of patriotism but there's a wide fuckin gap between "I hung a flag on my house to make it look nice over independence day" and "murica barackbar hussein obamacare is african and I love my sweet sweet orange president WWG1WGA"

it seems like most people commenting this aren't american (going by your spellings). has the typical sort of former-colony joshing evolved, so that what used to be a disdain for our brasher and broader patriotism is now full-blown suspicion that anybody exhibiting anything remotely related is considered copacetic with the trump admin?

You are making a few leaps of judgement here Andrew. I didn't suggest that someone with a flag is a Trump supporting racist.

As you suggest I live in England, and it might be our cultural views on patriotism differ. I am suspicious of anyone who is overtly patriotic. I think being proud of your country is weird.

Flags are rare here. If I saw someone with an England flag outside their house (outside of a major sporting tournament like the world cup), I would assume that they are a racist. If they had a British flag I world assume that they at the very least hold extremely Conservative views.

I certainly do find some aspects of American overt patriotism weird, even troubling. Pledge of allegiance is some weird level of indoctrination, and singing the national anthem before domestic sporting events seems unnecessary. If I see someone waving an American flag I would be suspicious, what is so great about America?

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great, OP. If anything it looked too drab before. Now it's got less of a "house the neighbor kids say 3 children were murdered in" kind of vibe.

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
You are making a few leaps of judgement here Andrew. I didn't suggest that someone with a flag is a Trump supporting racist.

As you suggest I live in England, and it might be our cultural views on patriotism differ. I am suspicious of anyone who is overtly patriotic. I think being proud of your country is weird.

Flags are rare here. If I saw someone with an England flag outside their house (outside of a major sporting tournament like the world cup), I would assume that they are a racist. If they had a British flag I world assume that they at the very least hold extremely Conservative views.

I certainly do find some aspects of American overt patriotism weird, even troubling. Pledge of allegiance is some weird level of indoctrination, and singing the national anthem before domestic sporting events seems unnecessary. If I see someone waving an American flag I would be suspicious, what is so great about America?
I don't know man, in Sweden it's also popular to have the swedish flag on your house.

FKziOCBJibNYzGgWDPLsDDJyuzfJ0dqBTFTn4cBH2R_bJWwPKGUrY4OEH3-yfzIofS6KRNM9SeqZXezAfh1kYkidgzjHII3_lRdDvu4Ri5ar6oNk7oAd4_zy2_I

Or even on a flag pole
flaggstang.jpg

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
that flag lol. I always thought it is a cliché that americans do that.

But I love the colour of your house. nice.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good but I really loved that soft green and brown you had going on.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
It looks very nice, OP.
I hate the flag with all my heart though, it looks so tacky, but that's just me

Quick question:
Why isn't the front door touching the ground? It looks like it's levitating, i think it looks odd

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

yeah, the Union Jack is everywhere in England. you can step off your high horse. lol.

Last edited:

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
What's up with the big USA flag? Otherwise looks great
That flag is everywhere over there - it flies outside a significant number of houses, businesses, probably every municipal and regional governing authority, banks, etc. And every time it's flown from a house it's always a massive one. What colours do they use for bunting when it comes to town events? That's right, the colours of the flag. What colours are strewn throughout classrooms? The flag. Along with a few flags. A town celebrates its history, what colours will every street be decked out in? Two guesses only.

The only time I see Irish flags flying from houses is when we're playing in some international game of soccer or something. And when people do have the Irish flag outside their home for whatever occasion, it's almost never as big as the one seen in the OP. The Irish flag flies from government buildings but not always local town halls and whatever. The only businesses I see flying them are hotels - and not even the majority of them, and again they'll usually only fly it because they have flags for guests of visiting countries. The only time I can recall the streets being dressed up with the Irish flag was during the 1916 100 year commemoration ceremony in Dublin.

They're obsessed with the stars and stripes. I don't know why but it's probably coming from the same place as having children chanting a pledge of allegiance to the country every morning.