• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I'm colourblind but it looks good to me. Better than before.

There aren't many colours you could paint your house that are aggressively bad, though. Unless you're this person who hates everyone that drives by on the way to West Edmonton Mall:

yavcYNA.png

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like it. It stands out, but not in a bad way. I think it looked drab before.

Sep 12, 2018
I painted my house recently. It's been this drab green with brown trim since we purchased it 6 years ago. My wife and I have always liked more colorful and brighter homes. We painted it a bright greenish blue and went with a creamy white trim. I'm 90% in love with it but there is a 10% of me that thinks maybe I went to bright or that it looks weird. I'm not sure if that's just me needing to get used to such a drastic change. What are your thoughts? I posted a picture of the front facade with some flowers my wife planted and below are before and after.

housefinalgnka2.jpg

housebeforeandafteryhkrp.jpg

I was immediatly reminded of this https://www.instagram.com/uglybelgianhouses/?hl=en

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever somebody says they went with a bright/colorful house color I'm prepared to hate it but this looks really nice! it's bright but not ostentatious or glaring.

lol at all the flag comments. why do yall care that much. growing up my parents had a spot for a flag so around the 4th they'd have the flag in, during sports seasons it would swap out for a team flag, there were other holiday flags. lame to care that much

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
I love it. My old home in Jersey was painted very colorful too.

Definitely stood out amongst the drab white houses on the block.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Much better. The other colour kinda looks drab and uninviting but if you liked how it blends into the green then it's fine but prefer the new colours much more.

Now buy matching shoes.

m990nc5_nb_02_i

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I think it looks good against all the greenery surrounding your house. Might not work as good if you decided to zeroscape or something

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Op, I really love it.

My life goal is now to own a house so I can pain it like yours.

I love bright colorful houses.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No it looks good and you did a good job painting.

I wonder tho if the shutters should be white. What was your motivation for going a darker shade of blue for the shutters instead of matching the trim color?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I also love the flag. We have a neighbor here that changes the flags depending on the season. It's fun!!

Don't listen to the flag haters.

Oct 25, 2017
It looks really nice, and maybe it's just 'cause I tend to think neon and fluorescent when I hear bright but it doesn't seem garish to me. Just a fresh and colourful home.

The only nitpick I have is the front and back doors don't really fit in with the rest of the colour scheme, although I'm not too sure about the red door suggestions.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You did a great painting job! Personally, I would go with a color that's just a little more muted, as that shade of blue looks like a candy shade of blue, but it's definitely an improvement over the previous green

Oct 25, 2017
I love it!

Well done OP!

[I must say though, as a non-American, the whole American flag outside the house thing is def weird to me... even after all these years on Earth]

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I have to ask about the flag? Whenever I see that I get major conservative vibes. I also in general I don't understand the flag stuff, like... what does it even represent anymore?? You're proud of Trump ran America, or you're proud of the land mass called America?