How will you use the proposed $1000 stimulus check

• Mostly/all bills

Votes: 582 41.7%
  • Mostly/all food

Votes: 176 12.6%
  • Save it/invest it

Votes: 625 44.7%
  • Personal items (clothing, jewelry, etc.)

Votes: 33 2.4%
  • Mostly/all entertainment (games/movies/etc)

Votes: 166 11.9%
  • Household goods

Votes: 39 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 55 3.9%

• Total voters

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Straight to bills and what's not for bills now will be for bills later.

If we go up to a few months of this shit I seriously doubt my job would last.

I'm baffled by the mentions of splurge spending, but yolo 420!

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Finish max'ing out my roth IRA and spend the rest...been looking at the GPD win 2.

*lucky few that my job can be done from home and with daycare closed for the foreseeable future I have that $430 a week back in my pocket.

Kost2coast

Oct 27, 2017
Putting it towards moving expenses for the home me and my fiance bought in Henderson. Could use all the money right now

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN

Hmm it looks like I will not get it either. That said I wonder what they are going to do about couples you file together. It seems like the threshold should be higher if going by tax filing (the last stimulus treated couples or families as one), or are they truly going to do each person individually (example I will not get one, but my wife will).

I honestly don't need it at this time. Since I have a $1,700 tax bill for 2019, I will probably use it pay that. The money I had budgeted to pay that, I will give part to a local non-profit I support. That said if I am not working by the time this comes out all those plans go to waste.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Why? People are trapped in their houses. Why not entertainment or something akin?
What? The purpose of this is literally to have people spend money to stimulate the economy.
I mean only the ones planning to save it are not doing what the government wants them to do with it.
Cut him some slack, he's just lashing out because Brady is leaving. :*(

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'm baffled by the mentions of splurge spending, but yolo 420!

Well, depends on your situation. I'm currently living at home so I have almost no expenses other than car related stuff. I already have enough in my savings account to last more than the rest of this year at my current spending. I also still have my part time job where I'd be one of the last people let go.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Probably half or 3/4 for bills and the rest for something personal. Been meaning to mount my TV for the longest (or get a nice stand for it).

The only impact the virus has personally had on me is that my apartment facility has closed all common areas to residents (including laundry) so I have to drive to the laundromat. I live alone and I calculated that it wouldn't be that beneficial to buy a washer/dryer.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why? People are trapped in their houses. Why not entertainment or something akin?
What? The purpose of this is literally to have people spend money to stimulate the economy.
I mean only the ones planning to save it are not doing what the government wants them to do with it.

If you can afford to spend it on videogames then you don't need it and it should go to someone who can't afford groceries or rent.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you can afford to spend it on videogames then you don't need it and it should go to someone who can't afford groceries or rent.
Isn't the only reason they're doing it because they don't have enough time to figure out who actually needs it? The point is to boost the economy, any other help is a bonus.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you do understand why it's called a stimulus, right? also mind your business.

God forbid we consider those less fortunate than us. I'm super excited you'll be getting a new TV while others can't work or afford necessities!

And lol at "mind your business" in a thread where everyone is talking about how they'll spend it.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Its going to everybody. You are missing the purpose of it. It's made for spending dosnt matter what you spend it on, be you poor or well of. It all goes back into the same...into your countries economy.

I think we need a stimulus 101 thread here.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its going to everybody. You are missing the purpose of it. It's made for spending dosnt matter what you spend it on. It all goes back into the economy.

I think we need a stimulus 101 thread here.

I know how a stimulus works, thanks. Yes we need to spend it. But most people in this thread would be spending money anyways. Let's not kid ourselves.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I know how a stimulus works, thanks. Yes we need to spend it. But most people in this thread would be spending money anyways. Let's not kid ourselves.
Then if you know how a stimulus works direct your posts to the people that plan on saving it. Its not for saving. That dosnt help present situation.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I just landed a new job a few months ago so im going to save it. I havent been there long enough to be deemed "essential" so want to keep it in case of anything.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
God forbid we consider those less fortunate than us. I'm super excited you'll be getting a new TV while others can't work or afford necessities!

And lol at "mind your business" in a thread where everyone is talking about how they'll spend it.

people talking about what they're gonna do is different than throwing a fit about how they're potentially gonna use it. so, yeah, mind your business.

also, the less fortunate also needs tvs or a countless other things that make life a little less shitty.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then if you know how a stimulus works direct your posts to the people that plan on saving it. Its not for saving. That dosnt help present situation.

I'm directing this at everyone who doesn't need it. If you don't need it you should donate it to someone or place that does, not buy fucking videogames. I can't believe I have to say this. Y'all have no empathy.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably use it to finally fix the AC in my car. I know the compressor is shot, hopefully nothing else needs replaced. I just can't go for a third summer in Alabama without AC.

Whatever I have left I'll put in savings, to pay for a figure I've got preordered that releases in May/June (well, unless it gets pushed back)

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm directing this at everyone who doesn't need it. If you don't need it you should donate it to someone or place that does, not buying fucking videogames. I can't believe I have to say this. Y'all have no empathy.
Even the people that dont need it can still do good by buying atleast something with it, right now. The purpose is to use it RIGHT NOW or within the window of helping your economy.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even the people that dont need it can still do good by buying atleast something with it, right now. The purpose is to use it RIGHT NOW or within the window of helping your economy.

Ah yes. That great societal contribution of keeping videogame publisher stock prices up. Fucking corporate welfare when we have empty food banks. Unreal.

bonch00ski

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes. That great societal contribution of keeping videogame publisher stock prices up. Fucking corporate welfare when we have empty food banks. Unreal.

but I'm also keeping the store that I bought the game from open, and giving the employee that I made the purchase with a paycheck further helping them

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Or the entertainment industry. Or the Computer industry. Or the food industry. Or those little snack cakes you love so much. The car industry. Literally every industry that makes the economy healthy and makes quality of life stable.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't with this thread so I'll back out. I'll leave it at this - those who receive a check and don't need it should donate the money. If you don't you should honestly be ashamed of yourself.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
My wife and I still have stable employment, so we're planning to use it to buy local gift cards and the like to help put some more in the local economy that will hopefully keep some of the small businesses afloat.