• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will you use the proposed $1000 stimulus check

• Mostly/all bills

Votes: 582 41.7%
  • Mostly/all food

Votes: 176 12.6%
  • Save it/invest it

Votes: 625 44.7%
  • Personal items (clothing, jewelry, etc.)

Votes: 33 2.4%
  • Mostly/all entertainment (games/movies/etc)

Votes: 166 11.9%
  • Household goods

Votes: 39 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 55 3.9%

• Total voters

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking I'll save it for now. Currently looking for work and may need it for bills/ food in a month or two.

You?

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect time to be investing for the long term (after we go down a bit more), so that's what I'll do.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
To go support the mom and pop restaurants near me that are gonna be hit the hardest by this (take out orders only of course)

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I probably won't get it if there's a salary cap on it. Knowing my luck I'll be just over the cap even though I make basically dick.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Saving it. I did a ton of spending this month. Bought a computer, paid off my car and paid for an Alaskan cruise so my wallet is crying this month.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I can't drive and don't have reliable transportation, so getting out to the laundromat is difficult for me. I'd use it (or some of it) to get a washer and dryer so I can finally do laundry at home.

But I'm on disability so I probably won't get it.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna stick it in the bank. Cause I don't really need to buy anything right now.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Probably just put it directly towards debt. I'm fortunate enough to have a job that pays well and that I can do remotely. If I can at least put extra cash towards paying off loans, it'll at least make some of this disaster feel like it did long-term good (for myself, at least).

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick"
Jun 17, 2018
I currently receive $1800 a month social security for me and my son, which mostly just sits there. I imagine if I get a stimulus package check it will do similar.

I'll probably splurge on some weed, I guess. And buy a PS5 but I'm guessing that will be too much later to consider into this.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I would save it if you can. Spent it if need to.

We have no idea how long they will keep sending them out when it looks like the ramifications of this virus' economic impact will last for at least 5 years.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Is this a one-time thing? Probably lean on saving it - most of it at least.

Recurring? Crush some debt payments in my snowball plan.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That money would be getting spent right away.
My income is down to almost nothing this week, and probably nothing next week.
I'm legit fucked if there are no federal checks and the same places stay locked down for more than a few weeks. Unemployment could extend that a bit. Not sure how much I'd get. It wasn't much last time. (2008)

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I can't drive and don't have reliable transportation, so getting out to the laundromat is difficult for me. I'd use it (or some of it) to get a washer and dryer so I can finally do laundry at home.

But I'm on disability so I probably won't get it.

I how that's not the case. We need it the most.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The same way most people in various UBI pilots use it. For essentials. In a group environment with roommates or family who also get it, it leaves wiggle room to spend it on things of interest.

Also $1,000 is criminally low. Mark my words; if Republicans think that's really enough, we're entering a depression.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm going to put it towards some bills and my car payment.

It'll especially come in handy if my store, US Cellular phone store, gets closed.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
If my job was safe right now I would be on team save half and spend half. Not even sure my company will make it through the month so bills/food it is.

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Joke answer: weed

Serious answer: putting it into savings with the rest of the extra money I got this spring (bonuses, tax return) and saving it for a rainy day

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'll use it to bribe politicians into passing Joe Kennedy's bill.

twitter.com

Rep. Joe Kennedy III on Twitter

“I’m introducing an immediate economic relief plan for every American. —$4k to every adult who makes under 100k per year —$2k to every adult who makes over 100k per year —$1k for every child 18 or younger We need to ensure every family has the funds to survive at this moment.”

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Donate it to Democrats and wish we got $2000 a month instead instead of a one time payment.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'll use it to bribe politicians into passing Joe Kennedy's bill.

twitter.com

Rep. Joe Kennedy III on Twitter

“I’m introducing an immediate economic relief plan for every American. —$4k to every adult who makes under 100k per year —$2k to every adult who makes over 100k per year —$1k for every child 18 or younger We need to ensure every family has the funds to survive at this moment.”

Oh I like that.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Investment time! Buy low, sell when it somehow goes impossibly lower!

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
Food and bills for sure. My SO and me are both out of work atm from the virus for the "foreseeable future".. so no clue what that means. We stretched our current food budget the best we could. Also have to spend a lot of gas driving my mom who is currently getting chemo to her appointments. It didn't help that Peapod (local grocer) cancelled her order and has no slots for the rest of the month, so I spent the day running around trying to get her enough food so she won't feel the need to risk leaving for a couple weeks.