Oct 29, 2017
Being totally honest, other than the frustration and annoyance, I have a few more bucks on my paycheck from the tax cut...at least for now (yes, I know its supposed to go back up in a few years).

Also the steel tariffs are looming over my work but so far, nothing too adverse has come of it.

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I'm not even American and the clown's Presidency has stressed me out a bit. Because every time I see him on TV or read about some dumb shit he's done or said, I can't but ask of myself and the people around me, "How did this fucking idiot get where he is? How is that even possible?"

Nobody can answer the question and I can't make head nor tail of it, so it just annoys me. Then I move on. Then his orange face pops up and it starts again.

The latest time was his fucking fist pumping as he arrived at the 9/11 memorial. I mean what the fuck...

Just... How?

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I haven`t visited the US since 2015 and I don`t feel like spending my tourist dollars south of the Canadian border. Gonna start visiting other parts of Canada and Europe instead

Maxximo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I made 10 years of salary thanks to his Tax cut and AAPL...other than that not much because i live in the EU.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
No obvious changes but in terms of my psyche, I genuinely lost faith people. I was cynical before but, at the end of the day I always had faith people would do the right thing, especially when it was this obvious. Not anymore.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Honesty, as an upper middle class white male, my life has been largely unaffected by the change in leadership, but I was really interested in how other posters' lives have been affected.

What have been the changes, significant or not?
Over 300 posts that I haven't read yet, so I'm going to respond to OP only.

Health insurance costs. 2018 monthly health care costs were going to increase for me by 50% and all but one insurance company left my State's marketplace. This had me switching from a job I loved to a job I loathe, all in the name of healthcare. And now my company just switched health insurance companies on us September 1 and I basically have the same plan I did last year, but it's not on the marketplace and I pay much less for it monthly.

I hate the fucker. I have the Republicans for everything they've done to the Affordable Care Act. It has affected me very personally, as I have regular healthcare costs that are a main focal point for me. One medicine I take would cost me over $600 a month if I had no insurance.

In addition, Trump-ism politics has flooded into my State's political mentality and it sickens me to the bone (Indiana). Mike Braun is as much of an evil politician as the rest of the fuckers lending their support to him.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
its certainly depressing. has also kind of tainted stuff like the internet for me. luckily that's made me actually go and enjoy my hobbies more than just wasting time reading about them.

day-to-day. not much apart from avoiding certain folks. certainly more disappointed about my country which isn't a great feeling.

ParaCanKor

Feb 22, 2018
Had an approved H-1B revoked.
Can't directly blame it on Donald but the immigration lawyer said she'd never seen it happen so late after an approval until this year......

Oct 28, 2017
I'm paying a hundred dollars more each month for my health insurance and expect it to continue to rise again this coming year, and it has given me all these great books to read.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I'm technically an immigrant in the US, but I'm also white... So it didn't really impact me at all. I lost my faith in humanity when Russia fucked over Ukraine and no one cared. Brexit and Trump are nothing in comparison. If anything immigrant crisis in Europe is way more depressing. People just don't give a shit about other people....

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
As a trans person, I have to fear about my identity eventually being federally invalidated. Mark my words, it's coming. I hope I'm out of the country by then.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My work is booming and wife got a raise, but there is definitely a lot more tension online.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I alternate between extreme stress, anger, and shame.

My faith in the dignity of Oval Office is shattered (even though I've voted against past sitting Presidents, I've always felt like there was an adult driving the car regardless).

I've never been so depressed over national politics and my national pride is at an all-time low.

I've never been so ashamed of my country.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the fucker.

Personally? Zero impact, hell it's been a benefit in some aspects. Limiting H1B visas or whatever impact that has had has caused a surge in positions that cannot be filled by foreign people (strictly talking IT here) and more competition which has, somehow and for some reason, equalled to be a salary increase twice in the year plus the federal tax. I have great Healthcare so not affected by that either at this moment.

Still? I hate the God damn orange turd. So negative and making ignorance grow. Crazier coming out of the woodwork. GOP showing its true colors. Tense about conflicts worldwide. Tense about Russian interference or economy collapsing due to his bone head decisions.

Oct 25, 2017
I switched jobs because I didn't see a path forward that I could stomach. There is no way I could ever work with a picture of trump/sessions on the wall, let alone what would potentially be asked of me. That was a hard decision, I basically gave up what I went to law school to do and had spent nearly a decade doing. But for the best I think.

Otherwise, minimal. White cis Upper middle class earners in the suburbs. We are well insulated from personal effects.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
In many, many ways. I never thought I'd be politically active, but here we are.

I think every day about climate change and how much time we have left. I think about the children who grow up under his rhetoric and actions. I cannot believe the state-sponsored genocide in Puerto Rico has happened in my lifetime.

To think I thought racism was over. What I fool I was.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Trudeau is getting more and more pressured and Doug Ford became a premier.
No nafta deal.
But no real effect on me really as I have a government job that probably won't get cuts.

Jerrod

Dec 24, 2017
I'm dating a Nigerian immigrant and her future is so uncertain because of Trump's immigration policies.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Little to no impact actually - I am sure there were some changes to some stuff at stores for shopping like pricing I mean but nothing too noticeable

Thankfully nothing noticeable has changed from where I live, no different than when Obama was in office.

It did take my wife 15 months to come to the US after applying for visa but I heard that's usually normal for a spouse visa from India?

Haven't come across any rude or outspoken people.

I dont go deep into politics but when election time comes I do go to vote, I just keep my opinions to myself though, got bigger fish to fry and my own personal issues to worry about than to argue with someone about politics.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
No direct impact on me at all, because I'm on the other side of the pond and we have our own bullshit to worry about that will in all likelihood leave a more permanent mark on us for the decades to come. I don't have any intention to visit the US again for the foreseeable future anyway, especially if Trump hypothetically starts to laser focus his rhetoric against China and racist America's attention turns to bashing and harassing East Asians next.

Though I briefly had a Trump supporter colleague. The dude's also English, so I initially had no idea why he so slavishly sucks on the man's teats, until I realised he's more a Steve Bannon fan than anything. He's quick to call Bannon a genius and blush over every word that odious ghoul has ever spoken and written. I must have wasted considerable time trying to debate the guy until it finally dawned on me that I wasted my time on someone who calls himself a "reasonable race realist". Fuck me.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever been so cynical in my life. Not much other effects directly at the moment. I'm very lucky and I hope the best for anyone negatively effected.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Haha I have no idea where these people who are claiming trump's economy or job policy in some way has helped them get a job or make more money.

it's ridiculous and has no merit whatsoever it's just Bullshit And a mistake of perception

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Haha I have no idea where these people who are claiming trump's economy or job policy in some way has helped them get a job or make more money.

it's ridiculous and has no merit whatsoever it's just Bullshit And a mistake of perception

Spoiler: They are racists and/or extremely privileged. They are tone-deaf and relish in it. Fuck you got mine, even if 'got mine' is delusional, which is a real thing.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
for me nothing. I am still a broke polish American. I think what he's doing with the fake news thing is horrible though.

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
It's been building for a while, but after Trump taking charge and the changes since, I don't think I want to enter the USA under most circumstances over the increased border security at airports. I don't want my laptop's contents being inspected and I don't want to hand over my social media accounts.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have had to drop a lot of friends, including my best friend, who showed their colors after being encouraged by the administration, FOX, and corners of social media.

Medical costs continue to get worse, and the dismantaling of the ACA and setting things back further insurance and healthcare wise is causing a great deal of stress and uncertainty to my future, as I have a life threatening chronic condition. A layoff from work could result in me paying nearly $500/month for just a temporary insurance. I can't imagine losing a job entirely and what a decent policy would cost with a preexisting condition.

My current career as a union construction worker is eroding underneath me as options and opportunities continue to dwindle with the push of Right to Work.

Going back to school is a more difficult prospect with every day passing with the disregard to rising tuition and material costs. No universal health Care also means I can't take the time to focus on school to make the career switch in a timely fashion, and have to attempt to fit everything around my job.

The career I'd like to switch to, education, looks bleaker with the anti-intellectual atmosphere, anti-union stances, and dwindling support and benefits in the field.

Lack of support for mental health care and our veterans was a factor leading into my brother's suicide a couple of months ago. Given that I was present for it, I'm now in need of those lacking mental health resources due to PTSD of that night, depression, and stress.

I get that being a white, cis male has given me the privilege to not have to deal with many of the horrors stemming from this administration, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been terrible consequences.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
Was planning a holiday trip to America but after Trump got elected and all the racism that came with it I switched my plans to Europe

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I haven`t visited the US since 2015 and I don`t feel like spending my tourist dollars south of the Canadian border. Gonna start visiting other parts of Canada and Europe instead
Honestly this. I refuse to visit the US at the moment. I know it would be fine for me, but I just cannot support a regime that is bringing such suffering to others.

Jazar

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
The question itself angers me because there's only so much a president can do to affect the life of a privileged person in the short term so many answers will be quite tame.

Meanwhile he got us out of the Paris agreement, destroyed the EPA, turned our closest allies against us, is flooding the courts with his judges including the Supreme Court, threw us in tariff wars, implemented a Muslim ban that's is recruitment propaganda for extremists, blew up the national debt by trillions, the list goes on... All which can/will have catastrophic consequences in the future. Not to mention shit like child internment camps, Puerto Rico, Charlottesville response and being implicated in criminal activity. But hey enjoy that temporary pay bump and ignore the fact that the index markets / 401k / economy have been rising for 8 years already.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I worry that the split that Trump revealed cannot be fixed. I believe Trump voters to support white supremacy more than the concept of the United States.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018

Same here.

Some days, especially since a couple of weeks, I feel he's going to be reelected and I fear what he can do to human rights, democracy and the environment with 4 more years

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people I know felt comfortable enough under Trump that they let the mask slip and showed just how racist and vile they truly are. The Obama years and Trump showed just how naive and sheltered my world view growing up really was.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am a trans woman, so he has introduced policy and installed supreme court justices that could harm me for years to come. Fortunately because of my income, location, and job I am relatively safe. But what he does for discourse is just horrible. Him and his party are a daily reminder about half this country hates me and want me to go away.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest. It really hasn't affected me much other than I had a smaller tax return. But I do get a little more each pay check so it works out.