• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
If it was a Sony made deal Xbox wouldn't have access at all. So like I said, at least they can still play day 1 if that were to happen.

so it's not a shot in the foot.

think from a marketing standpoint.
if by any chance the game gets to announce that's day one in Xbox game pass the level of an outburst on the internet and the pre-order refund gonna be through the skies.

Neo Ankh

Oct 12, 2019
They should really try to get something big for launch since they lost Halo. Cyberpunk is probably too big of a get. It would cost Microsoft a small fortune. Valhalla would actually be a better fit for game pass since Ubisoft would still be able to make a lot of money through micro transactions and season pass sales.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
if by any chance the game gets to announce that's day one in Xbox game pass the level of an outburst on the internet and the pre-order refund gonna be through the skies.
I don't think any PS person would care. Xbox players aren't getting the game exclusively or any content locked on Xbox. They simply get the option to rent the game through a monthly service. The same way any other multi platform game on GamesPass works.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
I don't think any PS person would care. Xbox players aren't getting the game exclusively or any content locked on Xbox. They simply get the option to rent the game through a monthly service. The same way any other multi platform game on GamesPass works.

create a pool on twitter.

the Xbox fanboys would YOLO at ps fans saying they got to play the game for free and ps players had to spend 60 bucks

the ps fans would flip on the face of cdpr because they made than buy a game on pre-order promising a lot of stuff and gave "for free" for Xbox

I bet you 10$ as I said couple posts before that would make headlines of people MAD with cdpr.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

the Xbox fanboys would YOLO at ps fans saying they got to play the game for free and ps players had to spend 60 bucks

the ps fans would flip on the face of cdpr because they made than buy a game on pre-order promising a lot of stuff and gave "for free" for Xbox

I bet you 10$ as I said couple posts before that would make headlines of people MAD with cdpr.
They didn't get the game for free. They have to pay a monthly fee to rent the game though a subscription service. Everything CDPR promised for PS players are still true. Nothing was taken away from PS.

There's dozens of games you can get on Gamepass which are also on PS4. It's not a new concept to have that happen.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
They didn't get the game for free. They have to pay a monthly fee to rent the game though a subscription service. Everything CDPR promised for PS players are still true. Nothing was taken away from PS.

There's dozens of games you can get on Gamepass which are also on PS4. It's not a new concept to have that happen.
create the pool.. im telling you
that's not how they think it works..

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Why would anyone even care about what some stupid fanboy thinks on twitter.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
My friends on Twitter aren't gamers so I'm not sure what a poll would do. The point is that the games are still exactly the same. There's no timed exclusively. No content only on Xbox. You can't compare a game being on Gamepass to something like Spiderman being exclusive to PlayStation for The Avengers.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Why outbursts?
Why would people getting their money back be a bad thing? How dare Microsoft pay this charge for me? Plus not everyone has Gamepass so there would still be sales on Xbox.

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
Because there's people pre ordering for full price for over a year and one plataform will have advantage on top of the other for the biggest multi game of the last 5 years

So what? You aren't keeping the game away from them in any way, and the people on gamepass don't own it. They just have access to it temporarily. If anything, your argument makes more sense for people on Xbox because they may have already pre-ordered, any they didn't necessarily need to do so if all they wanted to do is play it, but not own it.

4KLobster

Dec 17, 2017
Japan
Exclusive deal with Mistwalker to develop Lost Odyssey 2 :)

(CP 2077 next gen version next year Day one on GamePass would be neat, more access to XBox players, nothing taken away behind lousy exclusive deal from PS players)

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
B.C. returns!

bcxbox.jpg
I was just thinking about this game and exact article a few days ago. Man, this was so cool to 11 year old me.

So I saw few people mention WoW, where is that coming from?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Avengers sales are 80% on ps ..

The main difference is that the market for xbox is way smaller than Sony's and there's a huge difference in having one special character than having the game for 1$ on a service
What? Give me a source here, or are you just saying a number.

EA Access doesn't give you the latest FIFA game I don't think.
It does, just usually several months later. Maybe Feb or March. But if you're on Game Pass, you might just stick with the old one for a few extra months, then jump over to the new one. Or, you can take advantage of the discount and buy it outright. Not sure if it'll be the EA Play 10% or the GP 20% (probably 10).

Exactly what I think "if" that's true .
I doubt that ms and cdpr would do that anyways
This has to be performance art, right? Like we're all part of some exhibit about parasocial relationships on the internet somewhere?

Because there's people pre ordering for full price for over a year and one plataform will have advantage on top of the other for the biggest multi game of the last 5 years
Ironic that PS players would be upset about this.

Likely a new studio. Hearing there is a mass hiring for a new Xbox-backed studio in LA
Oo, interesting. You have? New as in not the Initiative?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I could see Elden Ring coming day one. Namco and Xbox are pretty close these days and it wont be such a huge seller on the scale of CB2077.

Cyberpunk isn't anywhere near the biggest game of the last 5 years.

Playstation players wont cancel preorders if they dont have a Xbox or PC.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

But nothing changes for them. They're not blocked from content, they're not being stopped from playing the game. They deserve to get upset if that's their opinion tbh.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
50" 4k TV set with Xbox Series X built in............. named XboxVision

Calibrated to the perfect settings for the Series X

Maverick-Swe

Nov 26, 2017
Sweden
Given they've just added EA Play to Gamepass could it be that they are looking at UPlay+ as well and trying to make gamepass a default subscription for people?
With Uplay that would be sick but very very expensive. Just look at what Uplay charges on the Pc plattform. It's probably time exclusive games instead. It's imo much better value than 100% exclusives. It works for Sony right now and Ms back in 360 era.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
World of Warcraft

Not sure they could pull it off but WoW on console with the sub baked into gamepass would be massive.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Given they've just added EA Play to Gamepass could it be that they are looking at UPlay+ as well and trying to make gamepass a default subscription for people?
Uplay plus is day one releases and 15 a month by itself on its own. Not likely but would be an old school Megaton if it happened.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
They aren't buying a cyberpunk game pass deal. For one too expensive. Two, the consoles will be sold out everywhere when the game releases. You're only spurring game pass subs for existing hardware.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I'm assuming that the poster is referring to UK physical retail numbers.

metro.co.uk

Marvel’s Avengers sells less than a third of PS4 Spider-Man in UK chart debut

Square Enix’s new Avengers game has only barely outsold Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, as the beta is blamed for putting people off.
Interesting. But, given that this is also in that article: Sold 71% less than SpiderMan and

Sales for Marvel's Avengers are also only 2% more than developer Crystal Dynamics' last game, Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, which did not involve Square Enix paying for an extremely expensive licence from Marvel.

This is less about the strength of the PS4 and more about a relatively small pool of people who were more likely to be motivated to get all the content in a content-limited (kinda) game (IMO). Regardless, I'm not convinced it's significant one way or the other. What kinda weirdos buy a GAAS game physical ;)

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
The thing is that Game Pass pretty much killed EA Play on Xbox and PC, all my friends who had EA Play (well EA Access previously) stopped paying for it once Game Pass was out because it's a way better service. This is probably why EA has included their service on Game Pass Ultimate.

Maybe if Ubisoft thinks that UPlay+ doesn't take off because of Game Pass for PC they will include it on GPU too.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK

while I completely agree that there's no way cyberpunk would be on gamepass.

but are you saying playstation fans would just cancel their pre orders and choose to not play the game at all? And Does Sony even let you cancel pre orders orders on psn?