• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neo Ankh

Oct 12, 2019
Eh, with how aggressive Sony is being on the moneyhat front MS kinda has to follow suit at some point. If MS keeps letting Sony buy up a bunch of big 3rd party games and don't get any of their own they're going to end up getting demolished
That's true but I haven't seen Sony announce a timed exclusive yet that should make Microsoft step up their game in that regard. I'm sure Deathloop, Ghost Wire, OddWorld and the Bug game will be good but they aren't what I'd consider big 3rd party games.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
If it's Cyberpunk on gamepass day 1 , cdpr gonna take such a backlash from all the ps/pc players that would really impact their overall sales .

The numbers of pre orders returned would be the highest in the history of earth

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
If it's Cyberpunk on gamepass day 1 , cdpr gonna take such a backlash from all the ps/pc players that would really impact their overall sales .

Lol, why would there be a backlash if it was on game pass.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC

Lmao, what? None of what you're saying would even be remotely true.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017

CDPR just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about cyberpunk culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in high fantasy where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in cyberpunk, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the cyberpunk public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Cyberpunk 2077 for either system, nor will they purchase any of CDPR's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but CDPR has alienated an entire market with this move.

CDPR, publicly apologize and cancel Cyberpunk 2077 for Game Pass or you can kiss your business goodbye.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
E

I don't know how much the rest of you know about cyberpunk culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in high fantasy where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in cyberpunk, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the cyberpunk public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Cyberpunk 2077 for either system, nor will they purchase any of CDPR's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but CDPR has alienated an entire market with this move.

CDPR, publicly apologize and cancel Cyberpunk 2077 for Game Pass or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Exactly what I think "if" that's true .
I doubt that ms and cdpr would do that anyways

Archurro

Oct 25, 2017

rofl I forgot about this copypasta for a moment

Oct 27, 2017

Why? It's not diminishing the PC/PS versions of the game like the Avengers did.

At worst, I could see MS securing a game to release a few weeks earlier on GP compared to the other versions, which can piss off people who prefer to buy a copy to own for their collection.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk wouldn't make sense after CDPR so publicly denied it.

I'm really not sure what this could be tbh.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
Why? It's not diminishing the PC/PS versions of the game like the Avengers did.

At worst, I could see MS securing a game to release a few weeks earlier on GP compared to the other versions, which can piss off people who prefer to buy a copy to own for their collection.

Avengers sales are 80% on ps ..

The main difference is that the market for xbox is way smaller than Sony's and there's a huge difference in having one special character than having the game for 1$ on a service

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
My guess is that they want some kind of analog to MLB the Show, maybe an NCAA Football game or NFL game?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I can't imagine Bungie going back to being owned by MS, especially since Jason Jones is still head of the studio. Probably for Destiny 3.

Oct 27, 2017
Avengers sales are 80% on ps ..

The main difference is that the market for xbox is way smaller than Sony's and there's a huge difference in having one special character than having the game for 1$ on a service
Holy fuck that's crazy. I can understand it because it's scummy to literally remove one of a handful of playable characters but I didn't think most consumers would pay attention to that.

But here's the thing about putting a major thid-party game day 1 on GP, it's not going to change at all the price or the features of the other versions of the game. I think consumers can instantly see how that's different than the Avengers deal.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Lmaoooo
This time it's for real. MS is going all out to make a sequel:

Azurikcover.jpg
I remember going to EB Games in third grade and asking the rep there if this was good, and he straight up said "Fuck No".

I was devastated. The blue guy looked so rad.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It would be funny if it were a timed FFXVI exclusive if only to see this site come home to roost.

I don't think they need anymore studios at this point unless it's an acquisition like Bungie, but I guess more wouldn't hurt. Cyberpunk on Gamepass would be pretty sweet.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Not that I think it's impossible but I don't think it'll be Cyberpunk on gamepass because that would suck for anyone who bought the Cyberpunk One X bundle.

I was actually thinking even before this rumor that if EA Play included all/some day and date games on gamepass that would be extremely massive but I also think that would be way too expensive to pull off.

Klokwerk

Oct 29, 2017
Well, they're definitely spending a lot of money on Halo Infinite (in vain though), so he's not wrong.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
It's not Cyberpunk.

If you're CDPR based on Xbox sales projections of let's say 5million and you're getting $30 a copy.

MS would have to bring a deal capable of replacing all that revenue, easily between $100-$200m.

The maths is definitely messy but you'd be in that ballpark and I don't see MS putting that kind of money down for one multiplatform game on GP. You could probably give CDPR a check that size and ask for them to make their next game exclusive.

KepperC

Jul 17, 2020
I would have placed money on Cyberpunk 2077 and its DLCs coming free with all Xbox Series X and S consoles on launch day. Anyone that pre-ordered gets the game's cost refunded.

But now I think it's World of Warcraft and the upcoming expansion pack coming to Game Pass on console.

Oct 27, 2017
I would have placed money on Cyberpunk 2077 and its DLCs coming free with all Xbox Series X and S consoles on launch day. Anyone that pre-ordered gets the game's cost refunded.

But now I think it's World of Warcraft and the upcoming expansion pack coming to Game Pass on console.
Unless the monthly subscription is included with game pass, there's no chance in hell it'll be WoW or any game that requires it.

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston

Why would there be any backlash? It doesn't affect them in anyway. They can still play it day one on their platforms. Plus PC players wod also have it available to them if they were already subscribed to Gamepass.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Basically why people would pre order ..

Majority of users would return ..
Ps fanboys would literally enrage and return .

It would be a mess
Not sure why it would be a mess. Who would be the majority of users returning? If you preordered on Xbox sure since you most likely have GamesPass but why would PlayStation be returning their copies?

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
Why would there be any backlash? It doesn't affect them in anyway. They can still play it day one on their platforms. Plus PC players wod also have it available to them if they were already subscribed to Gamepass.
Because there's people pre ordering for full price for over a year and one plataform will have advantage on top of the other for the biggest multi game of the last 5 years

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Because there's people pre ordering for full price for over a year and one plataform will have advantage on top of the other for the biggest multi game of the last 5 years
Yeah well I guess some of those people will be able to get refunds since they can get on Gamepass. End of the day the people who don't have Gamepass at least get to still play the game.

dantx

Aug 14, 2020
Usa
Yeah well I guess some of those people will be able to get refunds since they can get on Gamepass. End of the day the people who don't have Gamepass at least get to still play the game.

that will be a shot in the foot for the ps community.. and guess what they're one of the biggest targets for any company nowdays

look at witcher 3 sales numbers on ps as an example.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
that will be a shot in the foot for the ps community.. and guess what they're one of the biggest targets for any company nowdays

Shot in the foot how? I don't see the correlation of being on Gamespass being a slap in the face to PS users.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

If it was a Sony made deal Xbox wouldn't have access at all. So like I said, at least they can still play day 1 if that were to happen.

so it's not a shot in the foot.