• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
Maybe a big day and date 3rd party game into Game Pass. They won't know if something like that is effective in getting new subscribers unless they try it.

Interesting about Bungie. Not sure how another space FPS fits into their portfolio unless they staggered them. I know Phil loves Destiny and I know their businesses are only a short drive away, but it still makes sense for Bungie to remain independent and Xbox to chase a studio doing a different kind of game.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
So, I have to ask, is the whole 'expecting something with Sega' thing some kind of weird forced meme or something? I feel like there's any kind of rumors about Microsoft planning something, it always comes up about people expecting some partnership with Sega. Is it a joke or is there some reason people keep expecting some kind of big news with MS and Sega? I feel like it comes up all the time and outside like maybe the Yakuza stuff lately, there's no real reasoning behind it, or am I missing something?

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
So, I have to ask, is the whole 'expecting something with Sega' thing some kind of weird forced meme or something? I feel like there's any kind of rumors about Microsoft planning something, it always comes up about people expecting some partnership with Sega. Is it a joke or is there some reason people keep expecting some kind of big news with MS and Sega? I feel like it comes up all the time and outside like maybe the Yakuza stuff lately, there's no real reasoning behind it, or am I missing something?

The Yakuza stuff sort of stokes the fire but I think a lot of people that were fans of Sega see Microsoft as this neutral entity compared to Sony and Nintendo. Plus Sega and Microsoft have a relationship going back to the OG Xbox.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played WOW in about a decade but unless something has drastically changed it would be a complete nightmare to use with a controller

I would have thought so as well but Blizzard has added official controller support in Shadowlands, along with ray tracing and the added requirement of an SSD to play the game. One could read into that if one were inclined to do so.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a big day and date 3rd party game into Game Pass. They won't know if something like that is effective in getting new subscribers unless they try it.

Interesting about Bungie. Not sure how another space FPS fits into their portfolio unless they staggered them. I know Phil loves Destiny and I know their businesses are only a short drive away, but it still makes sense for Bungie to remain independent and Xbox to chase a studio doing a different kind of game.
This is what I'm thinking. The obvious one is Cyberpunk but surely MS stand to make more off the 30 percent cut than paying a fortune for it in GP.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Probably a massive new deal with Bungie, if I had to guess. GP-related possibly, with DLC extras similar to Sony with Bungie this generation.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
That's not what we'd conventionally refer to as a moneyhat.

I'm talking about all the folks cheerleading for MS buying up exclusivity for previously MP games.
That's why I asked if its CP as that's the most discussed multiplatform game in this thread and I don't see much asking for it to be exclusive or timed exclusive, only that it could come to GP on release.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
Tiktok coming to xbox j/k.

On a real note hope it's an Asian Studio partnership that brings games that normally would not show up on Xbox to the platform or a traditional PC only game making its console debut on Xbox.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
That potential has been there ever since the game came out, so they're taking their sweet freakin' time trying to adapt to it if this was enough to persuade them.

I don't want to speculate and I don't have any real sources in Act-Blizzard, but it's no secret that Blizzard wasn't exactly on top of their game in the past several years. They're under a lot of pressure to perform and the console market is only getting bigger. I'm very sure this idea gets floated periodically, it's only a matter of time until they give it a real shot. Why not now?

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I don't want to speculate and I don't have any real sources in Act-Blizzard, but it's no secret that Blizzard wasn't exactly on top of their game in the past several years. They're under a lot of pressure to perform and the console market is only getting bigger. I'm very sure this idea gets floated periodically, it's only a matter of time until they give it a real shot. Why not now?
Hey, I'm not complaining. FFXIV is freaking awesome both on KBM and controller. I just find it strange that they haven't done it already, especially during the course of the PS4 generation.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
How has nobody asked for a timestamp in 300+ replies. When is this said. I seem to have listened to 35 minutes so far and now they are talking about some shitty Nintendo game?

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't understand how MS lost control of Bungee in the first place.

I thought MS owned Bungee outright?

Did MS get any money when Bungee left, like did Bungee buy itself back from MS?

And was the only reason MS let them go simply because people would have quit if MS didn't and they wanted to maintain a good working relationship with a multiplatform Bungee?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

And was the only reason MS let them go simply because people would have quit if MS didn't and they wanted to maintain a good working relationship with a multiplatform Bungee?

MS let Bungie walk away with the stipulation that Halo became a MS IP and whatever they needed to pay to go independent.

Bungie wanted to work on other projects but MS wanted to keep them on Halo.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

That's right. The founders wanted to get paid. They sold bungie when it was still small, and to make bank they needed to own their IP, which MS wasn't going to allow them to do. A talent exodus was sort of implied if control wasn't given, so they worked out a deal to deliver reach and ODST while MS set up their own halo studio in the mean time. The walk away deal was definitely in Bungies favor

Nov 21, 2017
LMAO that people think MS will acquire Bungie or still believe Cyberpunk will be on Gamepass on day 1. FF14 coming to Gamepass is definitely a good guess with Square bringing many of their ports to Gamepass lately.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
FFXIV wouldn't be a big announcement though - the FFXIV team has openly stated a while ago they are working on an xbox version of the game.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Since we're doing guessing games I'm going with some publisher getting added to Game Pass day one releases.