• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
uGhT8Ea.gif

DEATH IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

ji4Lts5.jpg

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Blargonaut (6 votes)
Natiko - #3,188
Dr. Monkey - #3,218 #3,275
empressdonna - #3,295
Dr. Monkey - #3,337
Verelios - #3,346
Kyanrute - #3,470
Zippedpinhead - #3,500

Muffin (2 votes)
Gorlak - #3,171
Dr. Monkey - #3,275 #3,297
Muffin - #3,277
Zippedpinhead - #3,452 #3,500

Verelios (1 votes)
Royal_Flush - #3,492

Zippedpinhead (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #3,231 #3,339

Not voting: Blargonaut, Aeleus

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 91 Blargonaut: 80 Verelios: 47 Zippedpinhead: 36 Natiko: 33 empressdonna: 22 Gorlak: 20 Muffin: 19 Royal_Flush: 17 Kyanrute: 15 Aeleus: 8

Current Countdown:
zug4371kdm

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Noone has been lynched

Night 4 Begins

Night 4 ends in:

ovwlw4b990

Night actions will be accepted until 2 hours before day start.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Zippedpinhead has died

Gil Grissom (aka CSI Guy)
xN4KQwT_d.jpg

You are aligned with Town.

You work nights and used to be a big deal. Now you've been replaced and stuck in "syndication" or "streaming".

either way you've got a job to do and a crime to solve.

you are a Jack of All Trades. Capable of solving almost any crime if you were able to do everything In your belt. However, your hands are tied by "the rules", so you can only do so much and the other casted roles have to have some lines. Each action is only available on the night specified. You must submit the night and the name in order to use it.

as with every role you may also vote during the day.
night 1: yeaaaaaaaaaah: Playername 1, Playername 2" you and two other people are sent into a private room with you for night 2.
If Yeah was used:
Night 2: "interrogation". You don't have a move just a chat.
if Yeah was NOT used
Night 2: "follow the evidence: Playername" - you may track one individual
Night 3: "stake out: Playername" - you may watch yourself and one other person for night activities. You will see people that affect you but only see movement on the other person.
night 4: "Investigate: Playername" - you may check the alignment of one individual.
If during N4 you didn't used investigate, during night 5 you can use - "who are you" - Your picture will be posted in the day opening post along with Town Confirmed.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated

Day 5 Begins

Day 5 ends in:

0a2yzmsr8r

Majority is 6

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So Blarg is lunchproof and Zipped was killed? Nat and I knew he would be confirmed today. It's why I said he wasn't my concern yet.

Fuckery abounds.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Also, it looks like Blarg wanted us to waste a day lunching him for whatever reason. Was it to protect Muffin or?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Zipped is a strange choice. Also Blarg is just scum right? No way he played that to the benefit of town.

So Blarg is lunchproof and Zipped was killed? Nat and I knew he would be confirmed today. It's why I said he wasn't my concern yet.

Fuckery abounds.
I think it was actually tomorrow he would be confirmed.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Zipped is a strange choice. Also Blarg is just scum right? No way he played that to the benefit of town.

I think it was actually tomorrow he would be confirmed.
Was it tomorrow? I thought he told us day 5. And that seems to fit with his role if he didn't check anyone.

Verelios yeah, he told us in chat but I'm mobile so I can't look at exact wording right now

But it sure sticks out now huh. Why kill Zipped???? I really don't think Nat is scum. And I'm not. So I don't think it's that but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that way for a second.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I went back to computer but I can't stay long, I got domestic shit to do. Yeah, that was the chat I didn't save properly. :( He claimed multipower but I don't remember all the details but he told us he would be confirmed (I thought D5) in the future. I remember specifically because I had naively joked early game that I didn't think the game would go that long and IF I scumread Zipped that would be a hell of a way for scum to stay alive to game end.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Blarg really cares if his non-lynch is beneficial to Town or not, he just wants to show it off.
Looking back he definitely softed it but... why?

What did Zipped claim in your chat Montiko?
He claimed his full role exactly like it is.

Was it tomorrow? I thought he told us day 5. And that seems to fit with his role if he didn't check anyone.

Verelios yeah, he told us in chat but I'm mobile so I can't look at exact wording right now

But it sure sticks out now huh. Why kill Zipped???? I really don't think Nat is scum. And I'm not. So I don't think it's that but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think that way for a second.
I'm like 99% sure he told us what flipped, that N4 he could do a cop check and if he skipped it then N5 he could make himself mod confirmed. You stating you thought it was tonight is making me feel queasy though.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I knew I remembered Zipped saying something specific:
But even so... let's theorize it was either me or Natiko for a second:

Killing Zipped doesn't benefit us. He shared many scumreads with us and it creates this exact situation. It would be pretty foolish. He also wasn't a strong voice in thread regardless and missing so many details made him somewhat unreliable (sorry, Zipped) - which is why his death is so mystifying in the first place.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 99% sure he told us what flipped, that N4 he could do a cop check and if he skipped it then N5 he could make himself mod confirmed. You stating you thought it was tonight is making me feel queasy though.
Look at what I just said. This kill does not benefit either of us as scum. But I can think of some folks it does benefit to shade us.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
But maybe I'm being paranoid...it wouldn't make sense unless Monkey and Nat were w/w and I don't see that. Now.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
I don't like this. My Deja Vu feeling is just so much stronger.

Pretty certain now that monkey or nat has to be scum, even if it 'doesn't make sense'.

>.< I don't like this....

And before anyone says it doesn't benefit you as scum, if zipped was about to be confirmed then it does benefit scum to have zipped taken out before that happens.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I will say this and I will preface by saying it is the ONLY reason I would have had to scumread either Nat or Zipped and it's that I full-claimed in that chat. If y'all want to flip me today to be sure it's not me, you'll see why, but IN THAT CASE, take that as only one piece of evidence, not a smoking gun, please.

So: we have a missing switch
We have Muffin's claimed role

Either could account for a weird death, though probably only the former if the rolesucker was actually town. I doubt we have protection left, except for any stray vests or one-shots people might have built into roles. IF anyone has information about the packages, stray effects, power weirdness... this is probably the day to come forward.

Blargonaut, could you please do us all a solid today and play it just a little straight?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And before anyone says it doesn't benefit you as scum, if zipped was about to be confirmed then it does benefit scum to have zipped taken out before that happens.
No, really, do the math on it:
Vere is pretty confirmed
You are semi-confirmed
Royal is confirmed

Zipped joins y'all. Okay.

In what universe is Zipped the first of those to die? You get kept alive for WIFOM. Makes sense. But sensible death order there is Vere and then Royal for thread impact and whatever else is happening with their roles. In NO sane world does Zipped die first in that world. He's third, before you.

Unless the goal was to create this very situation in which the game turns on us.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's pretty cool effect. If I was lynchproof Town, I would want to make the most out of it too....
Sure, but in making himself such an easy vote it makes it that much more difficult to derive meaning from the votes. But yes, I know, the memes.

Look at what I just said. This kill does not benefit either of us as scum. But I can think of some folks it does benefit to shade us.
Maybe scum were scared to go for the confirmed town and want to use this to open up new avenues? We did soft that Zipped's role specifically had more to it. I don't know, it's really you thinking today he would be confirmed that has me a bit more on edge. Still doesn't feel like a 'today' concern though.

I'm juggling a few things at the moment so I'll be in and out. Can't even get responses typed before more comes in

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
10 alive, probably 7 town, so there's space though if you want to flip me to be sure and use that to evaluate Natiko. I'm the one who hasn't use her claimed power after all, so I should be the bigger blank. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I gotta go finish my domestic duties. I'll be mobile.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
No, really, do the math on it:
Vere is pretty confirmed
You are semi-confirmed
Royal is confirmed

Zipped joins y'all. Okay.

In what universe is Zipped the first of those to die? You get kept alive for WIFOM. Makes sense. But sensible death order there is Vere and then Royal for thread impact and whatever else is happening with their roles. In NO sane world does Zipped die first in that world. He's third, before you.

Unless the goal was to create this very situation in which the game turns on us.

There is doubt over vere and myself but zipped claiming in the chat that he was about to be fully confirmed then it makes sense to kill them.

But doing it before zipped could be confirmed is the issue here. If zipped was already confirmed, I'd agree it is 100% weird.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe scum were scared to go for the confirmed town and want to use this to open up new avenues?
Scared of what? Further protection? I highly doubt there's much more if any.

Why would scum want to open new avenues? Without a weird kill, we probably flip back to Muffin today. If Muffin is town, where's the bad from a scum perspective? Then could do this very same kill tomorrow and probably create the same situation. Like really I don't get it.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
You all forget that Zipped's ability N4 (last night) was an Investigate. It's absolutely sensible for Scum that knows Zipped's role to kill him.