• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ya can't hate on this man, you just can't

bless your humble soul VP
Yep, Phil is great and I'm really glad he's in charge of Xbox now. I also like the fact that he hardly wears suits lol, I actually don't recall ever seeing him in one.
Reading the comments, & this person has a pretty good point...

Lol yeah, it'd be nice if he got an early copy, but that's a pretty good argument for rewarding GoW and the studio for (apparently, based on reviews) their achievement.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might try to challenge myself. I remember cory said a mechanic he got in the game is you can call the axe back from ANYWHERE you left it last. I wonder if it takes travel time into account of how long it will take the axe come back to you?

REGARDLESS i may to try playing without the axe for a while much like a brawler and just fist to cuffs. Also hand to hand combat builds up enemies stun meter faster than the axe as well...hmmm do i DARE

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
logo_gow_axe.png

Just noticed this lol

Oct 30, 2017
One of the classiest guys in the industry.

Classy but I hope it burns a fire in him to make more quality exclusives. I remember Phil saying congrats to Zelda and maybe another Sony exclusive. We need a Xbox Exclusive game that's another 90 metacritic that's not Forza for once and have Nintendo and Sony congratulating Phil for once.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the comments, & this person has a pretty good point...

The issue isn't the $60, it's getting a review out before launch.

If he doesn't get the game until launch, he'll probably beat it 5 to 7 days later, then take 4 to 5 days to film and edit a review, maybe longer, so we're looking at 3 weeks after major outlets have already put out their review, which means less exposure, which means less motivation to do a review in the first place.

Kind of the one pain for a game getting a review embargo this early, you don't get a review copy, you're kind of fucked in terms of exposure.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not really anybody's job to ensure Angry Joe's videos are popular. A lot of youtubers are going to have to wait until release to review it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Classy but I hope it burns a fire in him to make more quality exclusives. I remember Phil saying congrats to Zelda and maybe another Sony exclusive. We need a Xbox Exclusive game that's another 90 metacritic that's not Forza for once and have Nintendo and Sony congratulating Phil for once.
Yea I really want to see that even if I don't have or want an xbone. Even if it's just one big game.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Wow standard version is sold out on Amazon now. Pleaseeee don't delay my order Amazon. I will cancel and go digital quick.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Ya can't hate on this man, you just can't

bless your humble soul VP
You guys are too much with this. Phil says a lot of stuff on Twitter. He's come off as disingenuous on more than one occasion particularly some of his E3 presentations.

But the same can be said for that Reggie guy from Nintendo. Phil Harrison when he PR for Sony (and MS) Jim Ryan looks downright idiotic at times lol.

I can't take any of these guys serious, it's there job to have a good company image.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Wow standard version is sold out on Amazon now. Pleaseeee don't delay my order Amazon. I will cancel and go digital quick.

I have witnessed almost the same thing here in The Netherlands.

The Limited Edition, Collectors Edition and Norse God Edition all sold out within' days of being able to preorder. The hype for this is absolutely insane, even in my tiny country.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Phil didn't add Shawn or Cory in the tweet.

Someone get Cory a shoulder to cry on.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
If you had asked me if I wanted another God of War before this game was shown I would have given you the hardest fucking no possible but now

MAN I'M SO HYPED

Oct 30, 2017
I'm wondering what to do as well. I have points with Boomerang and could get the game for £26 physical, but like the convenience of digital (never thought I would say that). I've not got a physical copy of a game for ages, buy yeah for £26 it's probably the way to go.

I really don't think playing it half a day earlier should even be a factor in these decisions.You should get whatever format will benefit you more in the long run.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hope he gets it. Even when I disagree with AngryJoe, a lot of the time he's quite entertaining. His openers are always golden
A lot of games that are longer than Uncharted 4 didn't have the same pacing complaints, it was never about the length.

Not to mention, Uncharted 4 has a 93 on Metacritic, reviewers never had a problem with it. So it remains to be seen if players will have an issue with God of War's pacing.
Pacing was a minor issue, grossly overblown on here.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe when Xbox launches a game with rave reviews again Shuhei will congratulate you to Phil.

That was probably the most mean spirited thing I have ever typed on ERA. I actually feel gross. I don't mean it
Shu and Boyes did congratulate Xbox on the reviews of Quantum Break.

Not sure if anyone did for Gears.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I knew this would be the game to get a pro for. Favourite franchise comes back even better.

Congrats to Ssm! Can't fuckin wait to play it.

Oct 27, 2017
He got some issues with the Window Store and he and other Joe had to buy the game twice. Still, the $300 price tag is because he also convinced his friends to buy the game, so collectively, they all spent $300 together (and he still got the refunds for his first failed purchase I think).

Ah, gotcha. I remember hearing about that. Makes more sense with that context, lol.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope he gets it. Even when I disagree with AngryJoe, a lot of the time he's quite entertaining. His openers are always golden

It was only brought up in hindsight. People got caught up in the hype at launch and then only afterwards saw that Uncharted 4 had glaring flaws with the pacing.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Yea Most def, but at this point I don't think GOW needs help selling.
Even if he only convinces 50 people, that is still a good return on $60 investment. God of War probably doesn't need it, but maybe it would be worth it to build relationship for future games.
IDK, according to MatPiscatella, I believe I read a tweet that he mentioned data has shown Streamers have not had an affect like one thinks. I could also be misremembering.
Mat said that? Interesting.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017

I wholeheartedly disagree. The length and pacing of the game actually never made me replay the title after I bested it.

If you compare this with Uncharted 2 - 3 and even Lost Legacy, which I finished 2-3 times, I can clearly say that the longer game isn't always better.

I sincerely hope that God of War actually makes the pacing tolerable enough because I tend to replay this countless of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.