* The Winners of this year *

The Last of Us - 249

The Critics' Picks - 191

The Readers' Picks - 58

Grand Theft Auto V - 160

The Critics' Picks - 107

The Readers' Picks - 53

*Shrugs*
I should have mentioned, TLOU is Sony's best title to date.
2013 was the perfect year for me. Gtav, TLOU and launch of the new generation. I hope one day, Sony will collaborate with Rockstar games and they will do an exclusive game.
ImI looking to you, Agent

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
In case anyone is curious like I was, 5 of the currently listed 80 God of War reviews on Metacritic are written by women.

Šárka Tmějová - Games.cz - 10/10 - https://games.tiscali.cz/recenze/god-of-war-recenze-311681
Keza MacDonald - The Guardian - 5/5 - https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...violent-vengeful-and-more-brilliant-than-ever
Ann-Kathrin Kuhls - GamePro.de - 93/100 - https://www.gamepro.de/artikel/god-of-war-gott-sei-dank-generalueberholt,3328424.html
Alice Bell - Video Gamer - 9/10 - https://www.videogamer.com/reviews/god-of-war-review
Zhiqing Wan - Twinfinite - 4/5 - http://twinfinite.net/2018/04/god-of-war-review

Also, what a pain in the butt -- can't Metacritic list reviewers' names next to their reviews?
thanks for putting this together!

i like keza's work, so i'll make sure to read that one!

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I am using my 20% off code and buying this on PSN next Friday. Anyone know the file size yet?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Congrats and props to Sony for having the balls to deviate from the norm of what one would expect from a new GoW game and letting them have the time and ability to do what they wanted. This is the shit we need to see with other developers' IP's as well. I can't fucking wait but I am sad I'm going on vacation the day before it comes out so I won't be able to pick up my collectors edition until I get back ;_;

Nov 8, 2017
The LENGTH of the game is the only thing bumming me out...but I know I'm in the minority. Most people are likely thrilled at a longer experience.

It just see 25 hours and can't even fathom finding time to dedicate that much gaming time to one game in a month, heck, not even a quarter.

But this is great. I am excited that they were able to evolve the series and that it has resonated with so many folks.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty weird Joe wouldn't be on the shortlist of people getting reviews copies.
When you're a smaller tier reviewer, it's all about connections.

You need to form those connections with publishers. Joe will always get a WB game early for review, because he has a good connection with them. Some depend on how confident the publisher is. MS is probably 50/50 for him, same for Square and Sega probably. Sony and Nintendo he doesn't really have good connections with, so he's less likely to get review copies early.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want to play it but I only have a based ps4, I feel like I will miss a lot since it's supposed to be one of the best graphic on ps4

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Really happy about the scores, congrats to the team, it looks to be well deserved. I'm actually thinking about buying it even though I haven't finished the first three yet.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised the length wasn't a big con for people, considering that was a major issue people had with Uncharted 4.

I expected poor pacing/ too long to be a major con among reviews. Glad to be wrong, shows how talented SSM is, managing such a long game, especially compared to past games in the series, and keeping the pacing tight.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Man thinking about where SSM was about 5-6 years ago where they had to lay off an entire team because of their new IP cancellation. Nice to see them bounce back. I'll wait to play the game myself, but by all means it looks like a hit that puts them back up there with their sister studios within Sony.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I still can't decide on digital or physical. I could play it 12 hours or more earlier if I go digital. I have release date delivery from Amazon.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's an upgrade, comparing the full picture shows lighting that looks flat and lower quality shadows in the retail version.

Still looks incredible, of course, and making a big connected world is much more demanding for the system than just making an E3 demo, so I don't really care, but I wouldn't call it an upgrade.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I've been in a major a gaming funk lately -- haven't played much since MHW and SOTC early in the year , but this is just the thing to spark that flame again .Hyyped

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't decide on digital or physical. I could play it 12 hours or more earlier if I go digital. I have release date delivery from Amazon.

I'm wondering what to do as well. I have points with Boomerang and could get the game for £26 physical, but like the convenience of digital (never thought I would say that). I've not got a physical copy of a game for ages, buy yeah for £26 it's probably the way to go.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised the length wasn't a big con for people, considering that was a major issue people had with Uncharted 4.

I expected poor pacing/ too long to be a major con among reviews. Glad to be wrong, shows how talented SSM is, managing such a long game, especially compared to past games in the series, and keeping the pacing tight.

A lot of games that are longer than Uncharted 4 didn't have the same pacing complaints, it was never about the length.

Not to mention, Uncharted 4 has a 93 on Metacritic, reviewers never had a problem with it. So it remains to be seen if players will have an issue with God of War's pacing.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
Despite this eventually staying on 94 or upgrading towards 95, SSM has an absolute gem with this phenomenal franchise.

When you worked on this game for 6 years all these glowing reviews will shed tears to a bunch of the SSM people.

This is their baby. The one work where they put blood, shed and tears in. The one project that made them see their family a lot less than they probably used to when crunch time started.

I am glad this worked out so well for them. They damn well deserve it.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
When you're a smaller tier reviewer, it's all about connections.

You need to form those connections with publishers. Joe will always get a WB game early for review, because he has a good connection with them. Some depend on how confident the publisher is. MS is probably 50/50 for him, same for Square and Sega probably. Sony and Nintendo he doesn't really have good connections with, so he's less likely to get review copies early.
You're not wrong that this is how they 'system' works but as far as reach and audience, Joe is one of the most visable people out there. Seems like an oversight and antiquated way of doing things.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Wait I just realized that Washington Post review is added already

Washington Post 9/10
Slant Magazine 9/10

Game dodged two bullets :P

Now we wait for EDGE and Giantbomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.