• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did someone ever managed to R3 the fucking Revenants?

I always try it but these fuckers keep running away, then I lose the stag filling bar. I want to do that amazing finisher and punch their motherfucking faces.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wear full body armor types in story mode. It just... looks wrong man. This is not my Kratos!

Will use them post game.
Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to it either. Some of the late games ones aren't too bad, but it just didn't ever feel right. His over 1 shoulder armour is literally perfection imo though, so bravo to whoever designed that look.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I always try it but these fuckers keep running away, then I lose the stag filling bar. I want to do that amazing finisher and punch their motherfucking faces.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yeah I'm getting really annoyed with the very first Vault fight.

There's a lvl 8 revenant that spawns other enemies. I could beat it if she didn't do a one-shot melee attack that has absolutely no windup. THE RED CIRCLE ACUALLY FLASHES AFTER SHE DOES IT. It's bullshit. It's like an instant "just die" button for the enemy.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I can't wear full body armor types in story mode. It just... looks wrong man. This is not my Kratos!

Will use them post game.

latest

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018

Nope. It's one of the few enemies that truly deserve a good ripping apart as well. :P

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

You kinda need Atreus maxed out to do it. And sync his arrows with your punches. Still rare though, incredibly satisfying.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished GoW 3 remastered again. Damn, Stig Asmussen directed the game very well!

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I try using Atreus and punching them, but they just end up dying, lol.

MaximusPayne

Dec 14, 2017
Oh shit sorry, it's nothing spoilery at all. You can see them on the main islands on Midgard, like the Iron Cove for example.

I found 2 of those in one of the boat docks in midgard.

Well I'll be. I thought I searched pretty well before I docked to the bridge in the beginning. I may have saw something huge and noped it if it was towards the beginning because challenge difficulty was giving me a hurtin'.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jan 10, 2018
Just finished the game and the best thing about it is that I can browse Youtube again. :)

Overall a great experience. Not really the masterpiece that I expected it to be, but a really good game nevertheless!

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, I bought a Pro to play this.

I only have a 1080p TV and knew that the Pro had the ability to run supersampling for resolutions under 4K, but I didn't realize that it was a system setting that you had to enable. I played all weekend long without realizing this, thinking that "yeah this game looks pretty good".

Then I turned on the Supersampling option last night... shit looks legitimately like playable CGI, wow.

I can only imagine how amazing the game looks on a high quality 4K + HDR set.

Man, is it that big of a difference? The game looks fuzzy or low quality in some areas with the vanilla PS4 (environments/snowy areas mostly).

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
LOL, I've done 5 Realm Tears out of 18. Each one has made me want to throw my playstation into my 65" tv, and drop the controller over the balcony.

I won't even talk about how close I get to killing a Valkyrie before they do some cheap ass insta-kill on me. ;__;

Although I will say - it wouldn't be a GOW game if it didn't have frustrating arenas lmfao. I just hate that when I eventually 'do' complete them, I feel like skill had a lot less to do with it than luck.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Every tip helps, thanks!

It's Ivaldi's Anvil. Got back to you today, even if you already knew it. Just wanted to make sure XD

Lol, just got to see it and this is hilarious

Which move/skill is this?

It's Guardian's Justice and Guardian's Judgement.

Yup. Fuck that Wulver. I'd rip that jaw in half ten times over again.

Well I'll be. I thought I searched pretty well before I docked to the bridge in the beginning. I may have saw something huge and noped it if it was towards the beginning because challenge difficulty was giving me a hurtin'.
Yeah, they are relatively rare compared to Vikens and Nightmares, but they can be seen there. Go have a visit if you can! :)

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

That's how I kill them most of the time, actually. I run up and punch while hitting the BOY button for some arrows and the stun buildup is usually enough.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
LOL, I've done 5 Realm Tears out of 18. Each one has made me want to throw my playstation into my 65" tv, and drop the controller over the balcony.

I won't even talk about how close I get to killing a Valkyrie before they do some cheap ass insta-kill on me. ;__;

Although I will say - it wouldn't be a GOW game if it didn't have frustrating arenas lmfao. I just hate that when I eventually 'do' complete them, I feel like skill had a lot less to do with it than luck.
They're end game content so if you aren't geared properly it's going to be tough. Let this frustration makes you want to rip their heads off!

Oct 31, 2017
Man, is it that big of a difference? The game looks fuzzy or low quality in some areas with the vanilla PS4 (environments/snowy areas mostly).

I'm also playing on Resolution mode too. And yeah, it was a pretty big difference for me personally. The image quality and just "crispness" of the graphics really popped when I turned on the Supersampling option last night. I really wish I'd been playing with it on to begin with, because yeah, it looks crazy good like that.

Like I said, with supersampling turned on, with my TV at least, the game straight up looks like interactive CGI.

Is it good enough to warrant throwing down 400+ dollars? Well, that's what I did haha. I'd say that yeah it looks even better. Not sure just how much of a difference there'd be from base/Slim PS4's to Pro. Same with Supersampling > 4K TV + HDR enabled. I have to think 4K HDR on a nice set looks absolutely incredible, if just how good the game looks with supersampling on is anything to go by.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
When you realise

how many different Realms are available to explore, and how big they all are...

It's mind blowing: more content than any game I can think of, and it's not even a GOTY edition with DLC etc (maybe TW3, but that's on it's own level).

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
I love the small character details, Kratos' beard moving in the wind, or when Atreus stands still and cold you can see him tremble.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have a level question - how do I know what level I am - is it the number at the top right of the menu?
The reason I ask is I'm pretty sure I'm at least halfway through the game and it still shows me at 2 - should I not be a higher level than 2 by the mid part of the game?

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game. Wish the camera had been pulled back, didn't really enjoy the RPG elements and I don't think the combat gelled till fighting certain late game enemies, but still: probably my favourite of the series overall except maybe 2?

Endgame spoiler stuff:
Nifleheim Valkryie doable without grinding the mist equipment? Also going to kick myself forever missing the whole thing with Faye's name right up until the reveal.

DryvBy

Oct 25, 2017
Anywhere
Is there any gore in the game? I'm not talking about brutal violence either. I mean ripping people in pieces. That's the one thing I'm noticing so far while playing is I'm not ripping things up. Is that just the dad in Kratos?

Anim

Oct 29, 2017
Started playing yesterday and every time Kratos spoke I was picturing Teal'c, lol. I knew that Christopher Judge is voicing him this time around, but actually hearing him in that role is really strange. Any other Stargate SG-1 fans having the same issue?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I have a level question - how do I know what level I am - is it the number at the top right of the menu?
The reason I ask is I'm pretty sure I'm at least halfway through the game and it still shows me at 2 - should I not be a higher level than 2 by the mid part of the game?

Your level is base on your gear and add ons to it mostly .
So if you buy or get better stuff it should go up .

stoke1863

Oct 29, 2017
Sooooo glad I bought a PS4 this weekend just to play this, it's absolutely amazing, the craft and love that's gone into this game is so obvious, it makes a Ubisoft game looks like a joyless cold husk.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Your level is base on your gear and add ons to it mostly .
So if you buy or get better stuff it should go up .

Yes. Go find better gear!
It seems like all the gear I see at the shops is at lower levels/stats than what I have equipped - which is the Boar Hide set with special gauntlets. Should I just buy something I don't like esthetically just to upgrade it to gain levels then?

I got to
the witch house
Are you seeing the R3 stun prompt on enemies? It let's you rip!

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I just got to
the summit of the mountain
how far along am I? Feels like it'd be around the halfway point.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The combat just keeps getting better and so am i.Using Atreus is really important especially for some enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.