Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
YouTube is spoiling this game for me. Every time I go to YouTube I see some other jackass posting videos of obvious spoilers that get suggested on the home page. Fuck, fuck, fuck, some of these surprises would have been epic.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Hey guys, obviously posting spoilers, fake or not, is not cool, and will be moderated accordingly to our ToS (short version: don't do it).

But if I could ask y'all small favour, don't quote the spoilers, report them instead. Saves us from editing all the quoted posts after the fact. :) Thanks.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Liking the combat more as the game goes on. Character progression is done very well and I'm still hooked 20 hrs in.

After getting the amulet that gives you
witch time
I can't see using any others.

Stampy

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I've lost 30 minutes on one chest in
Alfheim - in a battle after Atreus was kidnaped by elves and Kratos rescues him. I see a chest entwined with thornes and only one node.
But after destroying it, nothing happens. It's like there is one more hidden, but I have no idea where to look. Any help would really be appreciated.

With regards to difficulty I am playing on hard. The begining was challening, but now the game is kind of on an easy mode if you start doing all the sidequests. I am making lots of mistakes and am still coming alive out of encounters. At the begging such slopy play would have been severly punished.

Fardeen

Oct 31, 2017
I just did 3 hours of side quest. I'm so close to the ending yet I don't want the story to end I played hours Yet it feels like the story is just starting to ramp up. The game is long but the plot of the game doesn't seem to do much Great stuff happens but I feel like it's not enough. How do I explain this

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Ashes is a beautiful track. You can really feel it revolving around Kratos' character; all of his past and present-self. This has gotta be Soundtrack of the Year.

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a challenge was hard at first but evened out really nice after some upgrades.

Go with "Give me a balanced experience"

You can always switch difficulty midgame.

Easy/Normal to start, then higher it up to hard when you find it's becoming too easy.

Balanced experience/default one, by far. Then you can ramp up and down from there if need be.

Great --- happy to hear that you can change this setting mid game. Normal it is.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Alfheim - in a battle after Atreus was kidnaped by elves and Kratos rescues him. I see a chest entwined with thornes and only one node.
But after destroying it, nothing happens. It's like there is one more hidden, but I have no idea where to look. Any help would really be appreciated.

With regards to difficulty I am playing on hard. The begining was challening, but now the game is kind of on an easy mode if you start doing all the sidequests. I am making lots of mistakes and am still coming alive out of encounters. At the begging such slopy play would have been severly punished.
I think it's underneath the walk way you're on. Might be a different one though.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I didn't figure that one out, either. I still need to go back and see if I can.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the game a solid 5 hours yesterday to get to bed at an unreasonable hour.

I intend to do the same today, holy shit that media blackout was worth it, game is grandiose.

It took a few minutes after tinkling with the combat mechanics that I knew it would click. Can't wait to finish work and go back home to dump more hours into it!

Jan 29, 2018
Despite the visuals being amazing 99% of the time, does anyone else think the water occasionally looks like crap? Especially shorelines - where water becomes not water just looks like a sharp line.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I think this is definitely my top 3rd game of all-time. It just hits all the right notes. Fucking phenomenal game, and I'm just past the Journey main mission. I've only been doing side content since then and have still got some more realms to explore.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yet another update today? 1.13? This has to be a joke right? Every evening I want to play it needs another damn update. At least it's only 36mb.. although then there's the stupid "-01" system update too.

Looking forward to playing 1.14 tomorrow night.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Just beat the game and holy shit. Just no words. Easily one of my favorite games of all time. Loved the combat and everything was just excellent.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Got used to waking up everyday on a new patch. Good stuff though not complaining
I'd leave my Pro in standby to download the updates automatically if it wasn't for the hideous yellow light. Never mind! It's updated now; at least my moaning passed the time.

Edit: I spoke too soon, it's now 'copying' apparently. It's taking forever and it's only a damn 36mb update.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
OMG that encounter with The Stranger was so sick. In that short time, I think he's the BEST VOICE ACTED Character EVER.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
1.13 takes, like, 30 seconds to download.
Yes but now the update is 'copying' and has been for the last 5 minutes and it's still only at 45%. What is this new copying stuff? I don't ever remember this before.

Edit:
kduxzd.jpg

Sorry image is sideways, stupid phone!

Last edited:

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
BOY I only got the dynamic theme and no shield or armor. Can't enter redeeem code again, now what? I do not laugh.

KillerAJD

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, yeah, as others have said, you can just do the smaller groupings one at a time. This was an odd puzzle though, and kind of sticks out as something they probably should have tweaked. Up until that point, the game was teaching you that any time you came across groups of those, you needed to hit them all in one shot to progress. Then, this spot shows up, and there's no way to do them all at once, even though they're all in a fairly close location. My initial thought was that I needed to use a rune attack with an AOE or something, but that didn't work. Definitely spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to get all of them at once, before I just kinda threw the axe just right and broke one portion of it. Since then, I've not seen any other kind of "breaking the rules" that the game is/has taught me, so like I said, this one sticks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.