Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
So Christopher Judge opinion that God of Wars script is not a game script has made some people angry because some people think cory said it. Whats some of your guys opinion on this ? Also this made the gaming brit very anger for some reason lol
I remember this whole deal back in 2016, I think the Gaming brit guy just assumed Judge was on the dev team and didn't think to look at the quote from an actor perspective. Is someone bringing it up again somewhere?

Oct 27, 2017
Did he say this? Any chance you have a link? I'd like to read it.

If he did say it's "not a game script", I wouldn't read too much into it. He likely just means that the script doesn't succumb to the pratfalls a lot of video game scripts do, and feels like a naturally told story. Plus, in a more literal sense, he physically acted out all his scenes as if it were a play or a movie, so, to him, it probably *didn't* seem like a game script.

It's like how I love plays and theatre, but if a movie is particularly wordy or boring, I may say "this is like a play or something!".
This was all the way back at E3 2016 when they just announced the game, I believe it was on playstation's e3 live feed when he was just talking about the game in general.

Thebeast!

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
didn't judge say that in the sense that he wasn't expecting a game script to be structured like a movie? even if he meant it in a derogatory manner, its hardly something to pick up pitchforks about. the dude was surprised with the script, maybe he was ignorant to the progress the gaming industry has done, but now he knows.
Yeah i agree

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a weapon spoiled for me above. My fault for thinking the OT was safe.

I'm out until I finish the game.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
yNXmXyS.gif

JUSTICE WAS SERVED TO THAT FUCKING WULVER AND boy IT FELT GLORIOUS

Jan 10, 2018
So I did a couple of arena fights and got some of the crafting material and am planning to make the armor. Is it better to make all the different pieces first or to make a piece and upgrade it as much as possible?

It really depends on what armor it is. Some sets have powerful perks that stack and others have lots of enchantments that play a big part in levelling up your armor.

I've never felt that to be the case in this game, personally. When I see it whittling down, I'm confident that I've got it in the bag.

You only really feel it when going up against the harder bosses, like the Valkyrie for instance. Bosses that get purple eyes I believe have this effect.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm at a point where (midgame spoilers I think?) I have to
break through some ice to get to a pick or something.
How far in am I?

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Im at the part where ur in the mountain and have to bring down the huge anchor but can't for the life of me figure out what to do after bringing it down and freezing it in place.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Does anybody have locations of soul eaters? There are supposed to be 6 of them (enemies that are vulnerable only when the open their chests). I killed 5, completed game o 100% aside of this, cant find the last one smh.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For people who have finished the game is there NG+?

I'm probably about 60% through but I can already tell I will need more of this crack once it's done. The combat is too fucking good.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I need to upgrade asap. I'm having difficulty advancing the area where you first fight an ice dude and then comes the Revenant followed by the two heavy dudes.

Playing on hard.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
yNXmXyS.gif

JUSTICE WAS SERVED TO THAT FUCKING WULVER AND boy IT FELT GLORIOUS

had 2 of this fuckers in a realm tear in midgard.
i was level 4 and they were 7 or 8 purple.
got their health midway after 10mins then insta died to one attack lol.
i should go back to grind those Muspelheim armor set

does Muspelheim trials stay within your levels as you progress or they get higher level enemies?
i'm level 4 and in the 3rd trial

Oct 25, 2017
So Christopher Judge opinion that God of Wars script is not a game script has made some people angry because some people think cory said it. Whats some of your guys opinion on this ? Also this made the gaming brit very anger for some reason lol
Now that we're playing the game ourselves, and it's gamey as fuck, I don't think this really matters anymore at all.

People who were expecting this to be a cinematic babysit simulator were so wrong. Hell, I was expecting this game to be one of the best in the entire generation and I'm still being surprised again and again by how damn good it is, and also how "gamey" it is. I was expecting a lot less freedom, a lot less exploration, and a lot less gameplay in general. I played the game for 4 hours last night and didn't see a single cutscene. I was not expecting to be able to say this about this game.

Oct 31, 2017
So uh, I bought a Pro to play this.

I only have a 1080p TV and knew that the Pro had the ability to run supersampling for resolutions under 4K, but I didn't realize that it was a system setting that you had to enable. I played all weekend long without realizing this, thinking that "yeah this game looks pretty good".

Then I turned on the Supersampling option last night... shit looks legitimately like playable CGI, wow.

I can only imagine how amazing the game looks on a high quality 4K + HDR set.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018

does Muspelheim trials stay within your levels as you progress or they get higher level enemies?

Yeah, the balancing at moments in this game can be really off. I was lvl 3 and they were lvl 6, but I was doing a side quest that was around my lvl. XD

As for the Muselpheim trails, I dunno. I'm stuck on the first arena's second trial at the moment lol

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
He's a complete badass, on one of the side quests I ran into an enemy that would one shot me, I just kept distance and had boy totally destroy it with arrows and attacks. He's one of the best side ai characters ever in a game, he makes you better and is never a burden.
I was so worried at first because one of the early fights I died 3 or 4 times because he got himself grabbed and I was like "oh no he's going to be Ashley from resi 4" and then he turns into a badass and I think he's gotten grabbed once in a fight since then. It's a bit of a weird mechanic actually, seems pointless with how rarely it happens but I am on Normal so it might occur more on Hard and up.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn this game man... It's stopped me from playing any other game. I was doing my first play through of super Mario oddysey and now my switch had been collecting dust ever since it came out. FUCK

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
About 15 hours in and I think I can safely say this is on track to be my second favorite game about climbing a mountain in 2018.

The first being Celeste.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
All I'm gonna say is be ready. I'm trying to figure out how some people in here already beat the 3rd one. I bucked up on her last night...she one shot me with some move and I just ....

Yeah that doesn't sound too fun. Gondul's qte attack that takes away half your health is annoying enough. Will probably hold off trying anymore until I'm further along.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

no, you should run around, evade, and press square repeatedly so Atreus can kill them.

Except Wulvers. Fuck Wulvers when they're 2 levels higher.

dezzyeight

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I was so worried at first because one of the early fights I died 3 or 4 times because he got himself grabbed and I was like "oh no he's going to be Ashley from resi 4" and then he turns into a badass and I think he's gotten grabbed once in a fight since then. It's a bit of a weird mechanic actually, seems pointless with how rarely it happens but I am on Normal so it might occur more on Hard and up.
It's the same on the harder difficulty.

Soundwind

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Apr 13, 2018
Japan is no longer the action, combat king now

this game surpasses Bloodborne and Nioh in combat depth

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wear full body armor types in story mode. It just... looks wrong man. This is not my Kratos!

Will use them post game.

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a best time to start going back to do side quests? Like a point where fast travel is more available or something or where you will be strong enough to accomplish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.