What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Han Seoul-Oh

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
GBE Playdate: 428 - Shibuya Scramble & Daemon_9
3075704-cp_gbeplaydate_01162019_02.00_29_50_19.still001.jpg
What's scarier: a demon trapping a woman inside a computer or those damn wigs?

deepFlaw

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
oh joeku fucked up huh

you fucked up a bit bub

I feel bad as I also failed to warn the friend I lent my copy to who started in the past few days

basically it does decide stats (and item slots/ability points?), but you can easily make up for attacking power through equipment and such, while choosing rod gives you 2 more MP (1 at the start and 1 through leveling) that you cannot get any other way... which is important as not only does each MP increase your magic bar by 1 section, but the magic in the first game is broken as fuck and getting even better at it is very nice

it also completely changes the levels you get very important abilities at, which means rod gets some very strong magic-based abilities early on

I think you're still largely fine, I believe shield is good, it's my friend who did +sword -shield that really messed up; also those other arbitrary questions at the start also decide your exp scaling, so have fun with that!

oh, and the Hayden Pentierre's situation is bizarre, because Kairi does indeed have another voice actor in some games, and then that voice actor also voiced another important character, but for that character in some later games... Hayden stood in for her while also returning as Kairi once, so it's this weird alternating deal?

looks like 3 has the other voice actor doing both characters, though
Okay I know people said that Wonderland world isn't great but why is it a bunch of rectangular rooms with flat walls inside and art just painted on it? It almost looks like a proof of concept they made to pitch the game to Disney. Anyway, that villain scene was good because if they didn't get all the voices back, they at least got a lot of good approximations. The 3D modelling of a lot of these classic characters is really good; they're translating to 1080p nearly flawlessly.

Anyway god help me because I'm going to play more of this tomorrow.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
thank you but I just had to answer another work thing (or at least I felt I should due to time differences) and am now busy listening to the weirdest fucking Simple and Clean remix

I will experience the 428 playing after I finally experience some of the 0.2 playing...

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff has been weirdly more positive on rocket league on both the recent bombcast and the aftermath. I remember him being way more negative on it previously.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jeff has been weirdly more positive on rocket league on both the recent bombcast and the aftermath when i remember him being way more negative on it previously.

I remember him talking about how bad the skill gap is having to learn how to fly back when it was released, which really came off a bit rich from a fighting game maniac. The match-making in Rocket League is pretty excellent so you're rarely if ever feel completely over-matched.

I'd love if they did another West v East Rocket League stream, the last one was a lot of fun to watch.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
listen I expect them to not be blown away by the start, it doesn't seem they played that much

you don't meet Tama till the second hour

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I remember him talking about how bad the skill gap is having to learn how to fly back when it was released, which really came off a bit rich from a fighting game maniac. The match-making in Rocket League is pretty excellent so you're rarely if ever feel completely over-matched.

I'd love if they did another West v East Rocket League stream, the last one was a lot of fun to watch.

I know, and now he's talking about how he misses the feeling of pulling those off lol.

May 5, 2018
oh joeku fucked up huh

fun fact I was at a party Vince Papale was at once

so I can confirm for you that Vince Papale has seen some of the Disney Channel Original Movie "The Cheetah Girls 2"

at least, I believe it was the sequel
Very belated response, but what you're saying is...there's a chance Vince Papale (or mark Walhberg's portrayal as him) might be in Kingdom Hearts? Actually that's really cool you got to meet Papale yourself. Also I'm a fool and called Mark's character Ericson Core. What.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joeku I hope like me, that the gummy ship sections become brief stints of nirvana within the journey you will embark now with Kingdom Hearts. That game is something. I spent so much time with it, I can't say anything but good things about it.

Also look out for this hot quote:
"Come Guardian!"

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Attack-on-Titan-Jewish-armband-comparison.jpg

You know why they wear those armbands?

Because they are actually a race of humans who used to oppress other races with their god chosen super power so now they are in turn oppressed.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have you read the manga?

Shit gets weird.

Shit already weird

Season 3 is completely convoluted in a batshit way, everyone turning on everyone and everyone has some hidden history they forgot to mention

But I still kinda like it. It feels like the sort of thing Kojima would make if he made an anime and forgot he likes boobies

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
my understanding is that it's like... complicated, because some of that stuff is in-universe propaganda, isn't it?

but it's all colored by the stuff about him being an imperialist from some years back, so

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Shit already weird

Season 3 is completely convoluted in a batshit way, everyone turning on everyone and everyone has some hidden history they forgot to mention

But I still kinda like it. It feels like the sort of thing Kojima would make if he made an anime and forgot he likes boobies
You haven't seen weird yet

For the love of god read the manga

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I'm saying is a weird allegory to the Jews without straight up saying antisemitic because I don't know where he's going with it.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my understanding is that it's like... complicated, because some of that stuff is in-universe propaganda, isn't it?

but it's all colored by the stuff about him being an imperialist from some years back, so

I think it's because
Ok so the Jewish analogum were oppressed, and the nazi equivalent made fake propaganda saying that they had super monster weapons(Which they in fact did have the giant monsters but they weren't really violent) but in reality the nazi equivalent forcibly controlled the giant monsters, and so...shit got weird...I really forget...all I know is there is a scene where people are forced off a place in mid air and then the main character screams or something and they change into the giant baby monsters in mid air.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can we all agree Levi and Mikasa are the coolest characters

Because they are

They're the least anime in an anime where some of the other characters have turned the anime knob to 11. I don't know if we're supposed to take Erin's emo rage seriously sometimes.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
all i'll say is anime doesn't have the best history for race metaphors (to be fair basically nobody does looking at you tolkein)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno sheep mikasa is pretty fuckin anime. not only is she now a badass swole ab lady with two swords who rides around on jetpack tether hooks and cuts people a lot, her whole backstory is the repeated lesson that life sucks ass and to defend you and the things you love you gotta fuckin kill everyone who means you harm

which to be fair

is a pretty good lesson

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
what gacha game is sheep mikasa in

Don't say they disgraced her

i dunno sheep mikasa is pretty fuckin anime. not only is she now a badass swole ab lady with two swords who rides around on jetpack tether hooks and cuts people a lot, her whole backstory is the repeated lesson that life sucks ass and to defend you and the things you love you gotta fuckin kill everyone who means you harm

which to be fair

is a pretty good lesson

Most of the other characters start having neorotic breakdowns when they have to do something difficult but she just fuckin goes for it and it doesn't matter how big or tough it is

It's like the rest of the cast are Walter White and she's Jack Bauer.

Actually Jack hates himself too. Rambo? No he hates himself as well. Arnie in Commando.

That's it. She's Arnie in Commando.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I started watching the play date from today but had to turn it off when they began reading the dialogue on the screen. It is one of my biggest pet peaves when streamers do it, and It sucks so much.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
ok I can't watch a ton, I should sleep, but I'm 7 minutes in and I'm already laughing every time they pronounce "shibuya", so regardless of what they think of it I'm thankful for that

...also glad I was already making curry for the first time in months either today or tomorrow, because they dared to remind me about coco ichibanya, and I immediately crave it

Status
Not open for further replies.