• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Money is Yucky, Milk is Yummy!

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Big Drill Energy

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • Opps All Gokus

Votes: 73 34.1%
  • Different Spaghetti

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • White Castle Crystals

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2018
Anyone remember the Tarzan and Hercules move tie-in games on the PS1

I actually enjoyed both of them
I played a lot of the Tarzan GBC game. It was a pacifist platformers from what I remember as you couldn't attack (if I'm remembering that correctly). Though that got frustrating in spots and was hard to beat.

Never had a PS1 so can't say anything about how I felt about Tarzan and Hercules on that system.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
fuck fuck FUCK

I was helping with a big thing at work and totally focused on that and didn't even think about the stream, thanks for the 38 notifications

I'm gonna bitter sweetly watch with dinner

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I'm rewatching Metal Gear Scanlon 4 and fuck me, I forgot all about these awful lady bosses. Like.. is Kojima's intention that he wants players to jerk it when these ladies show up? "Oh yeah, look at how she's all bent over and all these constant angles of her ass, oo yeah."

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
mgs4 best

c1db3553.png

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Every Wednesday I eat popcorn and I think GBeast influenced me because how much they talk about popcorn.

Which I believe was always Wednesday...

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GO TO THE GODDAMN CELLAR YOU SHOWER OF FUCKWITS, ITS BEEN SIX YEARS AND THREE SEASONS AND YOU'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT LIKE IT'S ON MARS OR SOMETHING

sorry

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
oh joeku fucked up huh

I'd only play KH3 if there's an Invincible Tie In Kingdom:
open-uri20150422-12561-lhhyjf_b4094f43.jpeg

I'd like to see Marky Mark as Ericson Core beat up some heartless BS during an Eagles game. Or better yet, ESPN Kingdom and have Chris Berman fight alongside Sora. Otherwise, ain't touching that series.

fun fact I was at a party Vince Papale was at once

so I can confirm for you that Vince Papale has seen some of the Disney Channel Original Movie "The Cheetah Girls 2"

at least, I believe it was the sequel

e7AlNEa.png

Fuuuuuuuuck. These aren't even in the right order, are they?

Why did I pick the shield and toss the wand? What does that mean? Eh, it'll be fine. Also, not loving the control scheme but this was a PS2 game so whatever, I guess.

I wonder if Hayden Panetteire got too big to be in the third game.
Remember, this is only the first half of that "complete" version. There's still a 2.8 and a Super X Prequel and a X ReduXX Duodenum out there too.

It's an ARPG; I can play well to get past my stat deficiencies, can't I?

Yeah I get it's a basic triumvirate thing but they had a bunch of thematic lines I'd forgotten about and wondered if any of that actually mattered or if it was pure stat stuff. I once played (when KH was new) up through sliding around a tree in Tarzan world and gave up. Not sure why. Maybe I got lost?

Wait, you can access Hulu in Canada? Since when?

you fucked up a bit bub

I feel bad as I also failed to warn the friend I lent my copy to who started in the past few days

basically it does decide stats (and item slots/ability points?), but you can easily make up for attacking power through equipment and such, while choosing rod gives you 2 more MP (1 at the start and 1 through leveling) that you cannot get any other way... which is important as not only does each MP increase your magic bar by 1 section, but the magic in the first game is broken as fuck and getting even better at it is very nice

it also completely changes the levels you get very important abilities at, which means rod gets some very strong magic-based abilities early on

I think you're still largely fine, I believe shield is good, it's my friend who did +sword -shield that really messed up; also those other arbitrary questions at the start also decide your exp scaling, so have fun with that!

oh, and the Hayden Pentierre's situation is bizarre, because Kairi does indeed have another voice actor in some games, and then that voice actor also voiced another important character, but for that character in some later games... Hayden stood in for her while also returning as Kairi once, so it's this weird alternating deal?

looks like 3 has the other voice actor doing both characters, though

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
Ah, that emotional moment between Solid Snake and the guy he met that one time on Shadow Moses island who hypnotized himself so he could pretend that he was Snake's dead clone brother.
You don't understand. This was a fight they needed to have. The history with his dad and brother, his mom, the patriots and the three other agencies he was simultaneously working for and against was all culminating to this moment.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You don't understand. This was a fight they needed to have. The history with his dad and brother, his mom, the patriots and the three other agencies he was simultaneously working for and against was all culminating to this moment.

Also you literally get to pilot the deprecated REX from MGS1, which is rad as all hell and fits perfectly with the themes of the story and the act itself

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017

I think that's fine, if you're setting up a fight between Solid Snake and Revolver Ocelot but when you're setting up a fight between Solid Snake and Liquid Snake, sons of Big Boss, Les Enfants Terribles! And then like a couple hours later you're like, "oh no, yeah, Liquid was dead this whole time, severed limbs that can transfer a person's essence to another person are totally not a real thing" you sort of undercut that, a lot.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
oh, and the Hayden Pentierre's situation is bizarre, because Kairi does indeed have another voice actor in some games, and then that voice actor also voiced another important character, but for that character in some later games... Hayden stood in for her while also returning as Kairi once, so it's this weird alternating deal?
oh I didn't know that part

huh

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
while i was in bed last night, post cold sweat, i thought up this video

to all my no mercy peeps

I'm more proud of you for this than I'll ever be of my own son for anything.

Entrances stopping at the ramp, the sound effects, the in-match and post-match replay styles. This is art.

Act IV of MGS4 is one of the highest highs in video game history

You know, except for the lack of real guards and you just fight those dumb ass spider enemies.

I swear, MGS4 is like the nostalgia equivalent of edging. Constantly close to be pure satisfactory release and then it backs off.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
oh I didn't know that part

huh

yeah, it's real weird, I guess it's like

KH1: Hayden as Kairi
KH2: Hayden as Kairi
Re:CoM (recorded after 2): Alyson Stoner as Kairi
Days: Alyson as Xion
Birth By Sleep: Hayden as Kairi
Dream Drop Distance: Hayden as Xion(???)

and then Alyson's both Kairi and Xion going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.