Status
Not open for further replies.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Got Ayaka to 90! How'd I do? Anything I could really improve on (besides Crit Rate, though it never seems to be a problem in battle lol)?

genshinayakastats90.png

Also Cryo DMG is +90%. 4-piece Blizzard Strayer set with Crit DMG/Cryo DMG/Atk%. She feels ridiculous already for sure.
These stats are amazing for Blizzard Strayer. You must have some really nice Artifacts. Look at that Crit Damage! Which weapon are you using?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
This is Ganyu erasure. She's a 6* too considering she's the best dps by far, but it's also long range and AoE, AND will still be an amazing sub dps and even plain support if she gets powercrept later.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
y'all talkin' math and numbers last page like they matter when she's the queen of FIREWORKS ugh I swear

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the banner is Sayu, Xiangling, and Xingqiu, though I haven't seen any hard proof as of yet. As much as I want Sayu and Xingqiu I might have to skip. It might be another year before Ning gets banner and I'm one away from C5 (and one away from C2 Yanfei which I also want) so I'm tempted to roll a little bit more, then hard save for the anniversary hero (if there is one).

I'm not going to try C6 Sara, as much as I would like to.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
everytime one of my friends pull Mistsplitter by only pulling "10-20" pulls, i get that urges to make pull on the scam banner
then i stop because i wanted water boy and GanYu rerun.
however i know if i spend too much money i will feel really bad for something like this.

anyway, i just say Tony To last video, holy shit, he got some crazy legendary artifact.
like....WTF????

E7bKVw7WEAQDMtB

BMO=GOAT

Oct 26, 2017
I just want sacrificial sword to be on the weapon banner again, have a few characters that will benefit from swapping to it. As of right now only Xinqui has the only sac sword I have

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
everytime one of my friends pull Mistsplitter by only pulling "10-20" pulls, i get that urges to make pull on the scam banner
then i stop because i wanted water boy and GanYu rerun.
however i know if i spend too much money i will feel really bad for something like this.

anyway, i just say Tony To last video, holy shit, he got some crazy legendary artifact.
like....WTF????

E7bKVw7WEAQDMtB
I'm in a similar position. Super tempted to pull for the Electro Archon (if she is a DPS that can replace my Keqing) or Yoimiya, but I keep reminding myself that I better save those wishes for Ganyu, a character I really fucking want. I am at about 60 wishes right now so not even close to hitting hard pity. I really got into it this week and have been piling up primos again.

I've noticed that wishes go typically two ways for me. The 25th wish is typically a 5-star and if I lose the 50/50, like I did with Zhongli, I have to go all the way to 90. Now I am back to 2 pity on a 5-star, here's hoping the 25 wish trick works on Ganyu. Do we have any indication of when the re-run will be?

More than anything else though, I wish there was a better way of getting decent 4-star weapons, other than RNG billets and pulling for them that is.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I got my tail beat on the rainy island when I ran into Fatui Crygunner. That guy is a god there and my Zhongli shield barely held on.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like his first point though. Marking down every Oculi on the map and finding them first is a surefire way to ruin the fun of exploring naturally.
i agree with this but nah ive played waaay too many open world games.. and if you have ocd or your a completionist collectables like that with 100s you really should do it one day with a guide... or at least fined them "organically" and make them all down...

nothing is fucking more annoying then missing 1 fucking thing it a list of 100s collectables and needing to go through everyone in a list anyway to find it or otherwise never find it until 2 years from now you do by sure chance. im marking them as i find them on inazuma and then go to the inactive map and hide it... i only do this with them though... i find the Seelies things naturally..

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the first 3 "events" of Thunder Soujourn last night and it was fun, the gliding challenges were pretty cool and require quite a bit of precision to get all 3 rewards and the combat challenges were fun... the last one in which you get a bonus for being "linked" to the 3 Crystals using electrograin was neat even if it was way too similar to the other one.

Cleared that shop and got first 1000 required for Beidou so I guess only need to wait for the last event tomorrow and I will have C4 Beidou (good thing because she has been carrying me in Inazuma) lol

Also, my impression of Ayaka is that she along with Diona and Kazuha are unstoppable and even more with Kazuha having a 4pc VV set 🙏 and letting his Elemental Burst go at the same time as Ayaka's. Cannot wait to finish building Mona to pair her with them.

I thought her dash would get boring or clunky to use but after a while, I got used to it and now I can properly avoid damage and move super fast in combat.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
These stats are amazing for Blizzard Strayer. You must have some really nice Artifacts. Look at that Crit Damage! Which weapon are you using?

I got incredibly lucky with exactly one ten-pull on the weapon banner and got the Mistsplitter:

genshinayakaweapon.jpg

And also some really decent substat rolls for my artifacts:

genshinayakaartifacts.jpg

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Alkez the deed is done...

B569-EC77-B8-F6-4045-9-CDB-6650-E66-F9-DB0.jpg

I have danced with the devil that is the scam banner and managed to not get Spine'd. Drained my starglitter i was saving for Xingqui and Ning dupes at the shop reset. Took 40 pulls all in all.

All for a character I thought was trash pre Kazuha.

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
Got Ayaka to 90! How'd I do? Anything I could really improve on (besides Crit Rate, though it never seems to be a problem in battle lol)?

genshinayakastats90.png

Also Cryo DMG is +90%. 4-piece Blizzard Strayer set with Crit DMG/Cryo DMG/Atk%. She feels ridiculous already for sure.
Her total ATK is on the low side so you probably don't have any atk% rolls on your artifacts.

I got incredibly lucky with exactly one ten-pull on the weapon banner and got the Mistsplitter:

genshinayakaweapon.jpg

And also some really decent substat rolls for my artifacts:

genshinayakaartifacts.jpg

The CD circlet has no useful offensive substats. EM doesn't do anything in a permafreeze comp because you should not be proccing Shatter. Ayaka doesn't need ER when she has a cryo battery like Sac Bow Diona or Favonius Rosaria.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These posts infuriate me. I refuse to believe so many people get that lucky. I automatically translate it to "I spent $200 getting the mistsplitter but dont wanna admit how much money I spent."

At least that's how I translate it in my head in order to deal with the bad luck I have.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that there wasn't a single Ningguang in my pulls on this banner hammers it home how much of a wild-goose chase it is to pull for a specific 4*. I have a fully built Ningguang I haven't been using and I wouldn't mind some boosting on her. Thankfully she's C1, which is the most essential one.

As far as Abyss goes I wanted Yanfei and Chongyun constellations way more than Ningguang's though, so it turned out ok (Yanfei went from C1 to C5 and Chongyun from C2 to C6).

Oct 27, 2017
These posts infuriate me. I refuse to believe so many people get that lucky. I automatically translate it to "I spent $200 getting the mistsplitter but dont wanna admit how much money I spent."

At least that's how I translate it in my head in order to deal with the bad luck I have.

One time I actually found Jade Cutter in one of those crates scattered in the open world. Increadible luck!

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Probably a healthy way to look at it honestly. Pulls like these are the extreme outlier. Not having similar results isn't unlucky in any way, it's the norm. Outside of some breaks I've been logging in daily since near launch and I've had off-pity 5*s like twice? Certainly not in the first 10 after a pity reset.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also, a lot of people that go "wow, just got this 5* in my first 10 pull on this banner" probably also hit their pity and weren't aware of it. You'd be surprised how many people aren't even aware of that system existing.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a healthy way to look at it honestly. Pulls like these are the extreme outlier. Not having similar results isn't unlucky in any way, it's the norm. Outside of some breaks I've been logging in daily since near launch and I've had off-pity 5*s like twice? Certainly not in the first 10 after a pity reset.

There is some kind of boosted rate for the first 20 wishes after the 5* drop, deliberately there to make it look like people are getting the insane luck, back-to-back stuff or even multiple 5* on one 10-wish.

But what is boosted there still part of their odds declaration, so:
• Small increase in 1-20
• Fucking wasteland of misery 20-75
• Pity came a lil early 75-83?
• FML it took full 9x10 wishes to get that pity

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Hahaha, I do something similar, but with images. Whenever I see those screenshots with several characters or more than one 5* my mind immediately corrects it to "photoshopped pic".

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Also, a lot of people that go "wow, just got this 5* in my first 10 pull on this banner" probably also hit their pity and weren't aware of it. You'd be surprised how many people aren't even aware of that system existing.

A friend of mine never even thought about wishing on the weapon banner since the game released. He got the misspliter within 5 wishes.

I also never wished anything on that banner and here I am at 58 wishes and fucking nothing <_<

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There are probably 100+ people that post in this thread.

Two people will post about getting lucky and a hundreds won't say anything because they didn't get lucky.

You just don't hear from those people.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
There is some kind of boosted rate for the first 20 wishes after the 5* drop, deliberately there to make it look like people are getting the insane luck, back-to-back stuff or even multiple 5* on one 10-wish.

• Small increase in 1-20
Hitting the hard 90 pity a few times is the only time I'd consider someone actually unlucky.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017

• Small increase in 1-20
I doubt there are any hidden boosted rates for 1-20. https://paimon.moe/wish/tally has a big enough sample size to give someone an idea what their odds are.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Why not consider Ganyu a 6* hero? Her damage is just too good for the 5* DPS.
Because DPSes will constantly be replaced. Eula is currently the top DPS. In a few months it could be someone else. Zhongli, since his buff, has been, and continues to remain, an extremely strong unit. Same with Bennett. Nobody can simply say, "this character can replace / serve the same role as Zhongli / Bennett" whereas Ganyu is an almost as good Eula, Hu Tao is an almost as good Eula / Ganyu, Ayaka can serve that role... the list goes on. DPSes are a dime a dozen (the current roster is like 80% DPS and 20% Support - which actually makes it hard to build effective teams - Kazuha is kinda the first DPS buffing support aside from Bennett) but since there isn't any content that requires certain combinations or involves actual min-maxing, any DPS will work right now. And even if there is competitive content at some point, Zhongli and Bennett will be extremely helpful in that content (assuming they're like... allowed, lol). The longer the timeline gets, the more valuable Zhongli and Bennett become, because there aren't a lot of sources of stuff like resistance shred, there aren't a lot of supports that strengthen and heal, there aren't a lot of good shields (in my opinion, only Diona and Zhongli have good shields, and Diona's is far, FAR worse than Zhongli's by comparison). And shields, crucially, allow you to continue to DPS where you might not otherwise be able to. For whales, none of this matters because they can one-shot all the content, but for everyone else, thinking about where their primogems goes, Bennett and Zhongli are the safest bet for any content that requires combat.

I actually think C1 is her most important con. It's what's going to allow her to guarantee the 60 resolve stacks she needs.

esserius I realise I did my math wrong with Enlightened One. Never do math at 1am lol.

In your example of 300% er I said she gets a 12% increase to energy regen, but it's 120% lmao. For some reason I thought the increase was 0.06% per 1% er. It's still not 12 energy, but it takes the 2.5 (at lv.10) to 5.5, which would be 27.5 for the team over the rotation.

80% electro damage bonus in that build though. Ridiculous.
Interesting. Well - am looking forward to Baal regardless. I'm sure she'll be a great support if she produces as much energy as calcs suggest she will. Still, without knowing about her particle generation it's still difficult to fully judge her support effectiveness. That said, an easy 100% uptime ability is also very strong, as Albedo has previously shown.

I still think her Ult should either last longer or have a shorter cooldown. Don't really care which, but given how much ER she's going to have, her Ult is something you'll want to be doing as often as possible, and it looks cool as hell. A 20 second cooldown is a LONG time.

edit: Also, I'm curious as to whether the bonus DMG% from resolve stacks is additive or multiplicative, and depending on which one it is, where it actually adds / multiplies the damage.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Does Sacrificial Bow have a chance at being Yoimiya's BiS? I have one at R5, and having potentially 100% uptime on her E would be incredible. I've always wished there was a Sacrificial Spear for Hu Tao for the same reason during 4p co-op.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Just so everyone knows, I've dolphined for characters (still have 0 pulls on the scam banner). My average pull for a 5* character is 76. So despite having in some cases pulled a 5* very early (I got Ayaka at 30 pulls), it still averages out to what the research on the banners indicates. Which is, that you'll typically pull a 5* around 75-80 pulls in, and you'll typically win the 50/50 50% of the time.

Don't let people posting their god pulls create the false assumption that you're going to get their luck. Because in all likelihood, you won't. Or even if you do, you'll end up being average or worse later. Be aware of how it works and plan accordingly if there's a character you want or are saving for.

Last edited:

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

To be fair, I spent way too many primos back on the Weapon Banner going for Eula's 5*, but I gave up once I maxed out her friendship and benched her (but she still kicks ass!). I'm sure that contributed to the pity. Most money I've ever spent was a few Welkins/BPs but I don't have the income to whale lmao.

Her total ATK is on the low side so you probably don't have any atk% rolls on your artifacts.

The CD circlet has no useful offensive substats. EM doesn't do anything in a permafreeze comp because you should not be proccing Shatter. Ayaka doesn't need ER when she has a cryo battery like Sac Bow Diona or Favonius Rosaria.

Yeahhh I wanted the Circlet so badly and got tired of farming that same domain over and over, so the first time I got the main stat I said fuck it and just took what I could.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Just so everyone knows, I've dolphined for characters (still have 0 pulls on the scam banner). My average pull for a 5* character is 76. So despite having in some cases pulled a 5* very early (I got Ayaka at 30 pulls), it still averages out to what the research on the banners indicates. Which is, that you'll typically pull a 5* around 75-80 pulls in, and you'll typically win the 50/50 50% of the time.

Don't let people posting their god pulls create the false assumption that you're going to get their luck. Because in all likelihood, you won't. Or even if it does, you'll end up being average or worse later. Be aware of how it works and plan accordingly if there's a character you want or are saving for.
I only pulled on the scam banner once and that was Homa/Gravestone, but I call BS on the bolded. I have only won the 50/50 1/7 times. :'(
I know it's true but gaddamn this game has not been kind to me with 50/50s. I fully expect to lose the 50/50 once Baal comes.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Don't let people posting their god pulls create the false assumption that you're going to get their luck. Because in all likelihood, you won't. Or even if it does, you'll end up being average or worse later. Be aware of how it works and plan accordingly if there's a character you want or are saving for.
Very true. We used to have a gentle warning in the OP outlining as much. Tyaren maybe we should consider throwing that back up with new people starting to come in?

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I only pulled on the scam banner once and that was Homa/Gravestone, but I call BS on the bolded. I have only won the 50/50 1/7 times. :'(
And now you know why it's called the scam banner. No guaranteed pity = lots of wasted primos.

And honestly, the guaranteed pity system they've implemented now isn't much better, considering you need a minimum or 250 rolls or something absurd like that to guarantee the weapon.

Finally, there's no reason to ever pull on the banner. No content even remotely calls for 5* weapons. If you want it, it's just for vanity, and at that point, y'know, go with god, because they're the only one that can help you (if you're an atheist like me, well, *shrug*)

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
And now you know why it's called the scam banner. No guaranteed pity = lots of wasted primos.
No no you misunderstand me sorry I should have worded it better. I got Staff of Homa from the one time I pulled to pity on the Weapon Banner.

When I say that I've only won the 50/50 1/7 times I'm talking about the character event banners.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
Joined the AR57 club. Only less than ~407 days (not counting ARexp through new content) till reaching AR60 for those 3 standards rolls and almost one free roll of primos. Its totally going to be worth it sometime next year. I may even get Tales of Winter daily by then as 1 daily in Inazuma is sometimes Mondstadt for whatever reason. Still doubt i will get the Pirate achivement by then. And Xinyan may receive an quest, event, hangout or cameo by then. Also Sumeru, Chasm and maybe even Fontaine prologue by then. Even the Switch version. So exciting times indeed.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
No no you misunderstand me sorry I should have worded it better. I got Staff of Homa from the one time I pulled to pity on the Weapon Banner.

When I say that I've only won the 50/50 1/7 times I'm talking about the character event banners.
Well, over a long enough time period / data points, it does average out to 50%. Still, you can definitely have a string of bad luck, and that's possible with a coin flip. Not terribly likely, but by no means impossible.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Well, over a long enough time period / data points, it does average out to 50%. Still, you can definitely have a string of bad luck, and that's possible with a coin flip. Not terribly likely, but by no means impossible.
Well I hope I begin to average out with Raiden coming. I lost 6 in a row until I got Ayaka out of nowhere 4 single pulls after Kazuha trying for Ningguang Constellations. That's still crazy to me so I guess I can't complain too much, but I'm crossing my fingers hard for Raiden. I don't think I'll be able to save enough for double pity.

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently CN players have a way to take trial Yoimiya out of Inazuma to fight world bosses lol. Doesn't look too hot, tbh. But yeah, probably shouldn't compare since trial artifact is not optimal.

In other news, I hope TenTen is still gonna putting out stuff even with his new job. After JinJinx not TC-ing fulltime, it's going to be sad to lose yet another math content creator.

glad im on wl 5 but ok so i have ganyu mona and fischl and yoimiya... when she comes.....??? soo she wont do vaporize or melt if i have ganyu's Q on the feild ??? im also just a wellkin pass player and im not doing the weapon banner i only have 1 rust fischl is using and ganyu is using a r2 stingless? sadge.. ive wanted a main pyro for a loong time... why isnt she insane... all 5 stars should be at least amazing not OPAF but she seems really just ok almost keqing level...... I want radian and sara also... sara looks amazing but not sure if i really want to replace fischl... :/ not sure what to do!

glad i got 39k gems but still almost dont want to pull because my gems are almost 40k :p

YaoGuia

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
It doesn't affect drop rates, but if you're only interested in going up to getting a 5 star/pity then it makes sense to single drop so you don't spend resources past that point.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Is it better to do single wishes, or 10x at once? Wondering if this effects drop rates for 5/4 stars.
it does not affect rates at all but if you're close to pity and don't want any of the four stars included in the banner, single pulls are better, to save pulls for next character you want

ultimately tho it's not a huge deal imo? I'm sure others will disagree with me on that

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a glitch in bolt blitz. I'm doing it with way more Than 110 seconds left and not getting the bonus. It literally says my best time is 1:42 left on the screen...forget it im a dummy had to kill enemies.

gotta say this event is insane @_@ i think it was almost a bad idea to put it out right now with soo much to do I just started it the other day and its alot of gems it just sucks though for me because i want to take my sweeet time with inazuma and tbh haven't played like 8 hours fthe first day... lol i got the first island at 50% already... :/ I just dont want to do too much before i get yoimiya... but this event makes me go to all of the islands and i wanted to really take a good while for each one... the events for the 1 year anniversary are gonna be insane i think...

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I'm fully expecting to lose the 50/50 for Raiden :(

I've won it the past four times (two Eula and two Kazuha) so I guess I'm due for a surprise Qiqi at pull 90 or something :(

electricity is a favorite element of mine in games (along with ice) and the concept of a god of thunder is very important to me, plus Raiden's banner would be shortly after my birthday so I'm prepared to mini whale to get her. RIP to my wallet.

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
i dont think i'm interested in like min/maxing this game, but is there any item I absolutely should not spend?

Im using the rechargeable resin for some quests, and I was going to wait to do dungeons until later because the resin I use for that is important (?)

I also leveled up a bunch of characters to lvl 20 to see what theyre like, should I avoid doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.