Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
The character is currently in the testing beta, so it's already known.

She''s a sub-DPS, that also acts as an energy recharge battery for the team.

Ok, Thanks
That's too bad
I wanted her to be fully DPS with crazy damage.
You think she can put some great numbers with what's known ?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, Thanks
That's too bad
I wanted her to be fully DPS with crazy damage.
You think she can put some great numbers with what's known ?

Given that she is the self-proclaimed Goddess of Eternity, her not being just another broken DPS that will be outbroken by the next broken DPS, but her being a sub DPS and support is imo a good thing. Sub DPS characters with great supports capabilities like Venti and Zhongli will stay relevant much longer.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Thinking about jumping in on PS5... Any up to date guides or tips for a beginner to check out?
Have fun! Most early tips center around resource management haha
- Don't spread your resources too thin leveling up too many characters in the beginning to prevent being underlevelled when the world level goes up and enemies become stronger
- save your primogems for the event banners, never use them on the weapon banner or standard banner (the game will give you free blue fates that can be used on the standard banner)

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe? Depends on how she's built. It's beta so specific numbers are set to change.

She does more damage the more ER she has.

Given that she is the self-proclaimed Goddess of Eternity, her not being just another broken DPS that will be outbroken by the next broken DPS, but her being a sub DPS and support is imo a good thing. Sub DPS characters with great supports capabilities like Venti and Zhongli will stay relevant much longer.

Sounds good,
And it's still testing so who knows what will happen when she finally releases.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? The PS4 is less stable than the PS5 version and the cap is 30fps instead of 60fps on the PS5.

PS4 BC version goes up to 60fps on PS5. While they fixed some of the performance of the native PS5 version with 1.6 (which I think was after this DF video), the drops during combat were still worse than the BC PS4 version for me. 2.0 is much better overall though.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
592991-BF-CA20-45-B2-AD63-C815-E43-C38-E3.jpg

I think am good now. Didn't take long too or lots of resin to get these pieces.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean yeah, but so far which support has been powercreeped, Fishcl by Baal? that's probably the first one, well Sucrose by Kazuha but both are 4* superseded by 5*

I don't really mean anyone specific, it's just that the discussion around this always have a weird "lol rolling powercreep DPS". Discounting characters like Keqing and Xinyan, most of the older DPSes are still as viable as older supports are, and even there you have characters that have fallen out of the favorites like Jean and Fischl.

Then there's also "mechanics-creep" to consider like

DoTs that negate shields and other such stuff that negate support capabilities.

I guess it's because every meaningful end game content in Genshin is a DPS check that DPS power levels are judged way more critically. Anyway, Genshin is casual enough that you can practically roll anyone you like. You don't need the top of the meta to 36* Abyss, just a lot of resin and grinding (and maybe Zhongli as a crutch because he's just that broken).

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah, but so far which support has been powercreeped, Fishcl by Baal? that's probably the first one, well Sucrose by Kazuha but both are 4* superseded by 5*

Yeah, 5 star supports being powercrept has not really been a thing yet.

Makes me kinda sad though that Fischl will be outclassed in her area by Baal. I was panning to pull for Baal and Fischl is one of my fave characters and mainstays in my party. Not sure if I want to replace the Prinzessin der Verurteilung. :/

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, 5 star supports being powercrept has not really been a thing yet.

Makes me kinda sad though that Fischl will be outclassed in her area by Baal. I was panning to pull for Baal and Fischl is one of my fave characters and mainstays in my party. Not sure if I want to replace the Prinzessin der Verurteilung. :/
I'm cool with 5* versions of already good 4*s. Fischl is already good, so a 5* equivalent of her (Raiden) would be even better.

Lol, imagine of the hydro archon is just a 5* version of Xingqui and the Pyro archon is just a 5* version of Bennett. Instant buys both of them.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ningguang figure available for pre-order on Amiami finally :D
FIGURE-130184.jpg

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-130184

I don't care for Ningguang as a playable character, but man, is her design gorgeous. And that figure...

09e.gif

Visually Ningguang could've easily been the geo archon, lol. Baal pales next to her imo.

Lol, imagine of the hydro archon is just a 5* version of Xingqui and the Pyro archon is just a 5* version of Bennett. Instant buys both of them.

I'll NEVER EVER replace precious Benny though! The pyro archon can outclass him as much as she wants to. u__U

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
I unironically love Bennett. I also love to hate him and make sure he never sees the light of day on any of my teams.

Mwahahaha!!

That being said, I'm looking forward to finally playing with Electro Bennett when Sara comes out. It's really satisfying that she looks like she's going to be an S-tier support considering I've been pining for her since she was first leaked. Hopefully she's as good as people suspect she will be.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Oh goodness. I could never do this haha. But my min maxing has gone too far I must admit.

Out of curiousity, can I ask what your abyss teams are?
The most fixed team I have is probably Diluc/Zhongli/Xingqiu/Bennett, but that one can also change if the floor just wants something else. And then there's Ganyu + whoever makes sense. Venti, Barbara, Xiangling are some of these possible choices. There's also Razor if Ganyu doesn't work at all.
I also tried Fischl, Xingqiu, Beidou, Sucrose last cycle, which was fun but only Xingqiu was invested.

Keep in mind though that all the garbage artifacts I'm now investing in is for characters I haven't really been using at all, so I don't even know how this affects them, lol. I've also never gotten 36 stars, but just clearing I can easily do.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
WOW!!!!

i took a more thorough look at xinyan's talents and constellations (this time a good look apparently) and figured out that she's the only claymore with a charge attack worth doing, she does so much more damage!

...and also that she wants defense

sucks to be dumb

i guess at least i still have a little of level 8 and all of level 9 to go before she's best friend so now that i know this i can play her as damage for fun

ugh

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Like, more and more, I'm thinking the 6* units in this game right now are Bennett and Zhongli. Venti's great, but unfortunately Mihoyo has been introducing more and more enemies that can't be lifted by his ability which makes him a lot less valuable as a pull. Kazuha also, while not replacing Venti, does make teams more universally strong whereas Venti's use cases are more specific and less generic.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Done with Act 2 main quest

Well, that was quick. I guess I can see where's the pacing complaint comes from. Surprised to see Kazuha and Beidou also joining the action at the beach (nice surprise tho), but I guess it's going to happen sooner or later. Kazuha do have some history with the Shogunate afterall.

Can't wait for 2.1 story continuation!

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Bennett and Zhongli are definitely the best units in the game, my Bennett's burst is at level 12 and that alone can make the difference in tons of abyss. Him and Zhongli could potentially do anything
I'm really happy Sara will also give some boost to the attack like him, we really need buffers like this and Bennett is too strong to be one of a kind

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yoimiya can't shut up huh?

I mean, she's overall pretty nice, but she talks so fucking much, makes Paimon's seem like a silent protagonist in comparison.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool with 5* versions of already good 4*s. Fischl is already good, so a 5* equivalent of her (Raiden) would be even better.

Think you mean 6* Bennett. He's already 5*, he just lost the fifth star because of his unlucky nature. It's probably in the sofa cushions.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Just reached Liyue Harbour for the first time (AR 18, take note to Adventurers Guild world quest)... oh my, this place is so beautiful! I ran direct from Mondstadt following the main road only, the entire region looks amazing. Can't wait to explore.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiousity, how many of you consider the Blessing when doing abyss? This is less for people who run things like the morgana comp. I'm interested to know if people just run their default teams (assuming they fit the enemy types) or if they actually build around the Blessing.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Out of curiousity, how many of you consider the Blessing when doing abyss? This is less for people who run things like the morgana comp. I'm interested to know if people just run their default teams (assuming they fit the enemy types) or if they actually build around the Blessing.
I've definitely rearranged my team to slot in swirl for this rotation trying to force Sucrose into a comp. The blessing has a big impact on whether I need a lot of runs or one run for the Abyss in my experience. Depending on if I can take advantage of it. The random abyss cards per floor are pretty impactful too.

Incidentally, I'm ok with the game looking less good on mobile but I discovered that Ganyu's ult has 10% less icicles on mobile than on PC/console (46 vs 50) and I don't know when I'll recover emotionally.

I jest.
But. I play Morgana so.
Ah well.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Like, more and more, I'm thinking the 6* units in this game right now are Bennett and Zhongli. Venti's great, but unfortunately Mihoyo has been introducing more and more enemies that can't be lifted by his ability which makes him a lot less valuable as a pull. Kazuha also, while not replacing Venti, does make teams more universally strong whereas Venti's use cases are more specific and less generic.

Why not consider Ganyu a 6* hero? Her damage is just too good for the 5* DPS.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Apparently CN players have a way to take trial Yoimiya out of Inazuma to fight world bosses lol. Doesn't look too hot, tbh. But yeah, probably shouldn't compare since trial artifact is not optimal.

In other news, I hope TenTen is still gonna putting out stuff even with his new job. After JinJinx not TC-ing fulltime, it's going to be sad to lose yet another math content creator.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a glitch in bolt blitz. I'm doing it with way more Than 110 seconds left and not getting the bonus. It literally says my best time is 1:42 left on the screen...forget it im a dummy had to kill enemies.

Last edited:

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Apparently CN players have a way to take trial Yoimiya out of Inazuma to fight world bosses lol. Doesn't look too hot, tbh. But yeah, probably shouldn't compare since trial artifact is not optimal.

In other news, I hope TenTen is still gonna putting out stuff even with his new job. After JinJinx not TC-ing fulltime, it's going to be sad to lose yet another math content creator.

Yeah my guess is she'll be slightly stronger than childe when fully optimal but she's for sure not outdoing Hutao.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
My wife's C3 electro traveler is already bringing energy back for her Ayaka faster than the cooldown can reset. I'm starting to wonder if Raiden's ridiculous energy recharge will have diminishing returns. Electro traveler already kind of fills the role of giving energy recharge for the entire team more than well enough. Is Raiden's damage going to be able to compete with the bigger DPS characters? Probably not. So at that point what is the utility of using her over traveler? Very curious how she will shake out meta wise.

Oct 27, 2017
My wife's C3 electro traveler is already bringing energy back for her Ayaka faster than the cooldown can reset. I'm starting to wonder if Raiden's ridiculous energy recharge will have diminishing returns. Electro traveler already kind of fills the role of giving energy recharge for the entire team more than well enough. Is Raiden's damage going to be able to compete with the bigger DPS characters? Probably not. So at that point what is the utility of using her over traveler? Very curious how she will shake out meta wise.

Raiden's value is from having sub-damage in addition to the battery. Two in one, and you don't have to build her two different ways, the same build empowers both sub-dps and battery.

And yes, I believe her damage will in the top sub-damage tier, and easily the best in electro. Question mark on the sword-phase, whether it is worth using.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
My game gets hung up on the log in screen sometimes since the update and I have to restart for it to start loading. It's not a big deal but a little annoying.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Got Ayaka to 90! How'd I do? Anything I could really improve on (besides Crit Rate, though it never seems to be a problem in battle lol)?

genshinayakastats90.png

Also Cryo DMG is +90%. 4-piece Blizzard Strayer set with Crit DMG/Cryo DMG/Atk%. She feels ridiculous already for sure.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Raiden's value is from having sub-damage in addition to the battery. Two in one, and you don't have to build her two different ways, the same build empowers both sub-dps and battery.

And yes, I believe her damage will in the top sub-damage tier, and easily the best in electro. Question mark on the sword-phase, whether it is worth using.
Yeah I guess that's the best case scenario. It's a shame cause it doesn't seem game changing like Zhong Li or Venti. I'm hoping if I get Raiden I can do a party of Raiden+supports and have no main DPS (basically cause of the big three dps's I only have eula and her team is pretty set). Right now Kazuha is amazing because he has the ability to turn supports not known for their damage and transform the team into a reaction tornado that decimates everything. I'm thinking Raiden+Bennet+kazuha/Diona+Aloy (if Aloy ends up being a viable sub DPS) will be a fun party.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017

With EMC you need to pick the orb thingy or be the active character to receive the benefit. So mostly for one unit, maybe two units if you can switch around to get the most of it.

Raiden energy restoration should be equal to all party members and without the need to manually get them. Also, EMC personal damage contribution should be way lower than Raiden if leaked stats are anything to go by, so there's that.

Basically,
EMC = More focused battery, but smol DPS contribution. (Support-ish tier).
Raiden = Teamwide battery, with significant DPS contribution (SubDPS tier).

But you do have a point there. An already self-sufficient team at meeting energy requirement probably isn't gonna make the most of Raiden. Raiden wants energy hungry team, preferably with multiple 80 energy cost units. They're the ones that get the most of Raiden's Burst damage buff anyway (20%) to maximaze the synergy.

Btw, Ayaka isn't typically hard unit to battery despite expensive burst. Her own particle generation is fairly good and there's also the Ameno sword option if you need help with it. This is why Ayaka can surprisingly work as Burst-DPS (Just Q, no normal attack) in some quick-swap comps, alongside of the standard on-field DPS role you expect from her.

Last edited:

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017

Her C4 60% def shred is something to consider, I'm certainly attracted to whale for it.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Raiden will allow me to move-away from a ton of ER-weapons into Crit/EM weapons for other supports.
• Warbow/Sacrificial into Alley Hunter/Stringless
• Favonius Lance into Kitain Cross/Lithic/Dragon Bane
• Swords into Iron Sting/Flash
• Greatsword into Lithic/Rainslasher
• Mappa and Sacrificial catalysts open up for free EM

Because I am close to that Cooldown-ER equilibrium where more ER wouldn't do anything with many heroes/playstyles.

A ton of my support weapons were aimed at ER, now I might actually start spending 3000+ mystic ore I gathered.

My salesman skills will convert you all. And after you get the character, I will convince you to go for the weapon too. BEWARE!

Her C4 60% def shred is something to consider, I'm certainly attracted to whale for it.

But it isn't really a shred, it only allows Raiden to bypass those DEF stats.

Bottom roll: Raiden with Spine/Catch
Top roll: Raiden C0 with her weapon R1

Anything more is 100% irrelevant for me :D A topic of theoretical discussion or some highlight clip only.

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmm...
Yeah, if Raiden isn't a main DPS, I think I'll go for her. Sayu C1 comes first though. I have a sneaking suspicion she'll be almost as busted as Bennett for similar reasons.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think C1 is her most important con. It's what's going to allow her to guarantee the 60 resolve stacks she needs.

esserius I realise I did my math wrong with Enlightened One. Never do math at 1am lol.

In your example of 300% er I said she gets a 12% increase to energy regen, but it's 120% lmao. For some reason I thought the increase was 0.06% per 1% er. It's still not 12 energy, but it takes the 2.5 (at lv.10) to 5.5, which would be 27.5 for the team over the rotation.

80% electro damage bonus in that build though. Ridiculous.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
But it isn't really a shred, it only allows Raiden to bypass those DEF stats.

Bottom roll: Raiden with Spine/Catch
Top roll: Raiden C0 with her weapon R1

Anything more is 100% irrelevant for me :D A topic of theoretical discussion or some highlight clip only.
Yes it's for herself only, but Im still attracted to the idea of it. Imagine if she would do def shred like Zhongli, lmao that would be so busted, then again high constellations are usually busted one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.