Status
Not open for further replies.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I don't like his first point though. Marking down every Oculi on the map and finding them first is a surefire way to ruin the fun of exploring naturally.
Speaking from experience on this one, it's a pain in the ass to find them later if you don't. Especially when you only have 1 left.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I will NEVER again look for Oculi without a map on my own, I found all but 2 in Mondstadt, and it took me hours to locate the missing ones.

Fastracking them indeed may not be the best, but I'd really advise looking out for them prepared if somebody has a "checklist must be done" mentality like me hehe.

Speaking from experience on this one, it's a pain in the ass to find them later if you don't. Especially when you only have 1 left.

Yeah but we have oculi compasses now so it won't be nearly as painful. He just seems to suggest marking all of them down on your map and going to get each one before doing much of anything else which I think is anti-fun but that's just me.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but we have oculi compasses now so it won't be nearly as painful. He just seems to suggest marking all of them down on your map and going to get each one before doing much of anything else which I think is anti-fun but that's just me.

That compass is a one-use resource drain, and you get it after some weeks since you need to farm reputation.

Best approach for newcomers, may be to mark the ones they found, and then work their way up to all of them later on (something I do in Inazuma)

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That compass is a resource drain, and you get it after some weeks since you need to farm reputation.

Best approach for newcomers, may be to mark the ones they found, and then work their way up to all of them later on (something I do in Inazuma)
Yeah that I can agree with!

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
It can be in terms of exploration but even if you go to the places you have marked down you are still exploring, you just have some directions. After I got the first few in Mondstadt I started watching new player videos as I was playing and this was the no.1 tip. I ended up doing it but also marking down all the ones I had already found to avoid going insane when only a couple were left. It did not detract much if at all from my experience.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
I will NEVER again look for Oculi without a map on my own, I found all but 2 in Mondstadt, and it took me hours to locate the missing ones.

Fastracking them indeed may not be the best, but I'd really advise looking out for them prepared if somebody has a "checklist must be done" mentality like me hehe.

Well, at least you're not me, who used an interactive map to mark every oculi in Inazuma that I found and still managed to screw it up. Now I'm missing two and have no idea which ones I marked wrong.

:(

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That compass is a one-use resource drain, and you get it after some weeks since you need to farm reputation.

100% this. I've been marking them down and since you can since pins with the interactive map that just makes it much more easier to cross reference which ones you have.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

This is exactly what I've been doing

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not like you get increased stamina from the occuli this time. There is really no rush to getting all of them.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Can not believe how much fun I have had with this game. Started playing at the weekend as my son had gotten into it with a friend of his from school. I have not got into a RPG since Final Fantasy X back when it released.

Had someone jump into my game which helped doing the Thaw all the shards, although I am going to have to go back to that one as i could not find all the glow flies at the bottom of the cavern.

Still very early in the game, just about to confront Stormterror. Currently AR is 19.

I'm actually at work excited to get home to keep on playing.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having trouble deciding on 4 NO vs 2 NO + 2 Hydro for Xingqiu. I kind of prefer the 20% bonus for my Main DPS and its not like I run Bennet with 4 NO at the same time unless I'm doing a tough boss.

Then there's that new ER artifact set to think about. Lots of extra damage possible on his burst through that.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It can be in terms of exploration but even if you go to the places you have marked down you are still exploring, you just have some directions. After I got the first few in Mondstadt I started watching new player videos as I was playing and this was the no.1 tip. I ended up doing it but also marking down all the ones I had already found to avoid going insane when only a couple were left. It did not detract much if at all from my experience.
No I agree with that. But he says you should look at the web interactive map and mark down all the Oculi including the Geoculi in Liyue and going to get those asap like it's urgent. Like feel free to do that, but it's not urgent and you don't need to do it if you just want to play at your own pace.

Definitely mark down all the oculi you do find though!

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's not like you get increased stamina from the occuli this time. There is really no rush to getting all of them.
I found that they really helped with getting that electro coins (?) to level up the tree to pass through those barriers.

Trying to power my way to level 17 by finding only chests is taking a long time for me

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Man not farming artifacts is so nice. Today I did Cecilia Garden and farmed all the Chaos Cores I could so that I could get promote my Amos Bow from 70 to 80. Actually achieving noticable gains is a nice feeling, as opposed to burning all my resin on artis to get no reward for it.

Tomorrow I'll be in the Mistsplitter dungeon.
Sorry for spam...

ZShehF.png

ZShzq7.png

ZShpt5.png
ZSh7Kz.png

ZShMwD.png
Don't apologise. I don't quote every one, but I always appreciate the pictures people get. Definitely beyond my skills.

That last one is especially majestic. Anything with my girl Yanfei in it is great haha.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile here I am, marking down Oculi I find and removing them as soon as I collect them 🙃
I still haven't even unlocked Inazuma bounties ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't felt the need to spend a single dime on this. I looked at Welkins and that doesn't even get you to 20 wishes in a month of daily log-ins. Not worth it at all for me.

I'd consider the BP if it wasn't so stingy with rewards and required a lot of stuff to level up.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Right now at 134 fates and hopefully I can get to 180 before Yoimiya comes out and best case scenario I get Yoimiya on the first 50/50(which would be better if it came early) then save the second for Baal and hope that gets 50/50 luck as well. So basically I'm hoping for back to back 50/50 or I'm probably gonna swipe for Baal.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Progress update ~ up to AR 16 and been loving the game still. Like an active love where I'm playing it and occasionally drop the controller a little and am like "this game is so good lol". My party is still Chongyun (C2), Bennett, Fishl and Yanfei who are all at 27 now. I'm really enjoying the dynamics between them and each is fun to use. I read a few pages back how people think Mondstadt is a weak part of the open world and I'm like whaaatt because I have been having such a blast exploring it and keep spending chunks of time just wandering around discovering and clearing things. It's stunning, but obviously it's exciting to know that the areas I have in front of me go even further. I can't wait. Earlier I stumbled into the first part of Liyue I
This is awesome to read, keep the impression posts coming! I've been playing the game pretty much daily since release and while I have plenty of problems with almost every aspect of the game, I can't think of another game that has consumed me quite like this one. I guess this is kind of a taste of what the WOW craze was like when that game came out. I'm glad you're enjoying the story and while, again, I have plenty of problems with it, I think the story and writing gets overall better and more interesting the deeper in you get.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay got my ER up to 226.6 percent for Electro MC so I figure that's enough that I don't need an ER sands piece since I'm over 200% ER

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
biggest laugh in this game so far is seeing Gorou, the resistance leader be some baby dog boy who is like a head shorter than everyone in his army

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The initial loading time on mobile has been pretty bad lately. It used to be fast, but now it gets stuck for several seconds like this:

NlMxaCO.png

Thankfully it's only the initial loading when you open the door, the rest are normal after you load the game. On PC it's fine too.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what build are they coming up with for Yoimiya since I do need to focus on building her prior to her release

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got a second prototype Rancor from some event. Is it best to have a second one and level it or just refine the first one I have?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Exploration in the first part of Inazuma was quite nice, got 100% everywhere probably there is some chests to be found , but I will use the gadget later to look for those, same as occuli.

Also did the last ascension for Ayaka (hopefully it takes a while until someone who uses sakura bloom to appear, but I assume Yae will ) currently with talents at 7/7/8 will try to push to 9/9/9 (need the books and handguards, so I'm promoting Ronin genocide in Inazuma) maybe crowning her burst and decided to make Zhong Li a more shield oriented build with meme HP, already had some Millelith pieces was just a matter of upgrading them, moving Qiqi for millelith set as well.

Need to sort out some sets, currently I'm moving pieces around for best results , but this kind of limits the compositions I can do, can't wait for that void feeling of farming artifacts again.

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
So I am AR 23 right now. What is the best use of my daily resin?

At this stage, you can't go wrong with Mora/EXP leylines, or weapon/character materials.

Farming bosses is also an option, since every character needs some materials from them. Just don't bother with artifact domain yet.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
just finished shogun fight
but i have a question

can we actully deafeat her if we lowered the wold level to really low world then used the strongest DPS to fight her?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Getting really fucking sick of nearly beating Maguu Kenki only for him to charge out of his own arena too far and reset the fight, irritating as hell since the fight already takes ages

Edit: it just happened twice in a row what the fuck.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Early on, you probably want to spend it on talents, and maybe leylines if you're running low on XP and gold. Don't spend resin on artifacts until you're high enough level to guarantee yourself a 5-star artifact.
At this stage, you can't go wrong with Mora/EXP leylines, or weapon/character materials.

Farming bosses is also an option, since every character needs some materials from them. Just don't bother with artifact domain yet.
Hmm so I'm AR25 now, just finished Dvalin's story line in Mondstadt. I have been farming the two cubes and the cyro plant almost daily in Mondstad, as it also gives me weekly BP points. Seems like I should focus my resin usage more on leylines and getting different materials from domains.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I was just exploring and I did the slingshot thing you do and went through a portal. I then fought a boss and had to spend some resin. Then I climbed up behind the boss and I cant get through this doorway?

ZShGFZ.png

(ignore all the notifications)

okita

Oct 25, 2017
So I was just exploring and I did the slingshot thing you do and went through a portal. I then fought a boss and had to spend some resin. Then I climbed up behind the boss and I cant get through this doorway?

ZShGFZ.png

there is a path somewhere else which will allow you to explore this part , just teleport away from there for now.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017

ZShGFZ.png

You have to enter through the other way. You'll have to go there as part of a quest, but if you want to know the other entrance is through a tower in Aruami (north Narukami Island)

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't back then.

And that gadget is unreliable, since you need to be in vicinity, and you lose it once you find 1 oculi. Waste of crystals with interactive map imo.
I have a billion of crystals that I use for absolutely nothing. Don't see how it'll be a problem at all.

People should just do whatever they want as strategy for occuli, but with the compass, it shouldn't be near as much of a problem as it was in Mondstat and Liyue.

Oct 27, 2017
Man not farming artifacts is so nice. Today I did Cecilia Garden and farmed all the Chaos Cores I could so that I could get promote my Amos Bow from 70 to 80. Actually achieving noticable gains is a nice feeling, as opposed to burning all my resin on artis to get no reward for it.

One good flower for the ER set and I am out. I hope it ends in 2-3 days. Have you collected an ok set, or just gave up?

I am expecting a ton of people to hit the mines when they get Raiden.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
are people really that strapped for those butterfly crystals? I have like 200 and I used them all the time to make condensed resin.

Those crystal butterflies are EVERYWHERE it feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.